Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: looking for serbian penpals&teacher

Подающий надежды оратор
    Ciao,
    Back to the lessons, well, I think that as you suggested you can show me something like greetings and similar ok? Oh yes, before I forget, you are welcome if you want ask me something about Italian ecc…Can I ask you what "Vazno je imati prijatelja ali je jos vaznije imati neprijatelja" means?
    Returning on the situation in Kosovo you said that Albanians begun a couple of months ago killing and destroying everything dealing with Serbians. What are the NATO’s troops doing to protect Serbians civilians? And is the Serbian Army in Kosovo or they can’t stay there? Do you think that Serbia will lose this region, or the government will fight to maintain it Serbian?
    Well, now I gonna go back to university!
    Ciao
    Oh yes, welcome Vlacko!

Почётный участник
    Hello Buso!

Well about the signiture means: "It's important to have a friend, but it's even more important to have an enemie." I don't know whose is this proverb, but certanly it's interesting. Ask Galathilien.

About the situation at Kosovo, in 1999 there was an Kumanovo's agreement, between Yugoslavia and NATO, which included the retreat of the Serbian military and police from Kosovo.
    And it's on even now. The final Kosovo status will be resolved next year. It will be less than independence and more then automony.

That's what I know nd think about Kosovo (that are most the facts), now if Galathilien has anything to add...
    Не могу све битке да се добијају. Рат не добија онај који оће све битке да добије него онај који уме паметно да их губи.
    Драгослав Михајловић

Подающий надежды оратор
    Certanly,
    Ok, i can write you down the most usual greatings. For example, ćao/??? (same pronaunced as your ciao) is the most usual greating. We use that almost all the time. When we see someone for the first time in the day, we great him/her with Dobar dan (but that's when some yunger man speaks to an elder person, and it's called 'persiranje', i can't find and english translation, but that means that you speak to that elder person in plural usualy, or, well, i hope you understood this... lol). We also use word 'Pozdrav' wich means greating, and also 'zdravo' (that word litteraly means healthy but it's used as greating). Oh, btw, 'DObar dan' means Good day, good evening is said 'Dobro veče' and Good morning is 'Dobro jutro'... Now, those usual frazes like How are you?-'Kako si?', What's your name?-'Kako se zoveš?' or 'Kako ti je ime?' But the firs one is more common, Where do you come from?- 'Odakle si?' or 'Odakle dolaziš?' but again, first one is more common, How old are you-'Koliko imaš godina?' or 'Koliko si star?' etc...
    About that fraze, Vlacko alredy sait it's meaning, and i havent really found that quote anywhere, it just came into my mind, if you understand what i mean...
    As for Kosovo and Albanians, well, i really don't know know what will happen with all that. UN and NATO are still there, and they are "protecting" those serbs that are still there. Since the year of 1999 as Vlacko wrote. Yes, i personaly do think that serbia will lose Kosovo, but yet, there is still hope left (maybe). As for the goverment, well, everyone here are disapointed in goverment, it's coruption, noneficiency etc. They(the gouverment) say that they "wont let us loose Kosovo" but i really believe them. Anyway, it's terrible...
    I have to study now, so, Pozdrav!
    Oh, yes, maybe you could also write me down italian alphabet and pronauntation and all... I havnt studyed italian at all, but studyed latin and i understand (and speak a little) spanish also, so i'm able to understand sometimes some italian sentences and words...
    Vazno je imati prijatelja ali je jos vaznije imati neprijatelja...

Подающий надежды оратор
    Quote Originally Posted by Galathilien
    Certanly,
    Ok, i can write you down the most usual greatings. For example, ćao/??? (same pronaunced as your ciao) is the most usual greating. We use that almost all the time. When we see someone for the first time in the day, we great him/her with Dobar dan (but that's when some yunger man speaks to an elder person, and it's called 'persiranje', i can't find and english translation, but that means that you speak to that elder person in plural usualy, or, well, i hope you understood this... lol). We also use word 'Pozdrav' wich means greating, and also 'zdravo' (that word litteraly means healthy but it's used as greating). Oh, btw, 'DObar dan' means Good day, good evening is said 'Dobro veče' and Good morning is 'Dobro jutro'... Now, those usual frazes like How are you?-'Kako si?', What's your name?-'Kako se zoveš?' or 'Kako ti je ime?' But the firs one is more common, Where do you come from?- 'Odakle si?' or 'Odakle dolaziš?' but again, first one is more common, How old are you-'Koliko imaš godina?' or 'Koliko si star?' etc...
    About that fraze, Vlacko alredy sait it's meaning, and i havent really found that quote anywhere, it just came into my mind, if you understand what i mean...
    As for Kosovo and Albanians, well, i really don't know know what will happen with all that. UN and NATO are still there, and they are "protecting" those serbs that are still there. Since the year of 1999 as Vlacko wrote. Yes, i personaly do think that serbia will lose Kosovo, but yet, there is still hope left (maybe). As for the goverment, well, everyone here are disapointed in goverment, it's coruption, noneficiency etc. They(the gouverment) say that they "wont let us loose Kosovo" but i really DONT believe them. Anyway, it's terrible...
    I have to study now, so, Pozdrav!
    Oh, yes, maybe you could also write me down italian alphabet and pronauntation and all... I havnt studyed italian at all, but studyed latin and i understand (and speak a little) spanish also, so i'm able to understand sometimes some italian sentences and words...

Подающий надежды оратор
    hey!
    thank you for the greetings, you were perfectly clear.
    I can say that the sentence chosen by you is very interesting and great!
    well, as for italian alphabet, we have 21 letters:
    Aa like mAmma
    Bb-Brother
    Cc-Car
    Dd-Dealing
    Ee-Elephant
    Ff-Father
    Gg-Great
    Hh-it has not sound, we use it to change sound in some group of letters:ce=че and che=ke.this role is used only with ci-chi(kи);ce-che;
    Ii-lIke
    Ll-Lamp
    Mm-Mother
    Nn-Noon
    Oo-zOro
    Pp-Parents
    Qq-Quater. it is always followed by the U ex:QUattro (which means 4)
    Rr-Rome
    Ss.Sister
    Tt-Table
    Uu-Y in russian
    Vv-Venice
    Zz-Zoro
    this is all for our alphabet.
    I hope it is sufficiently clear to understand, if you have some problems, ask me.next time I will show you greetings and other few question that you wrote me last time!
    Alla Prossima!(до встречи)
    ћао
    P.S. before I forget thank you and vlacko for yours opinion about kosovo and its situation!

Подающий надежды оратор
    And mayita, where do you come from? Are you croation? Heh, it really is kinda comfusing. But ok... How is the weather going in Malta? It must be coool place. Ok, here ya soon. Greatings from Belgrade
    Waah, life down here has been hectic, sorry about taking a while to reply I've been living in Malta for a long time (my father is Maltese), but I'm otherwise from Istria, which I consider home and return to quite often luckily.
    Malta can be a really great place if you're surrounded by good friends and are in touch with the local culture, which I am luckily
    The weather...some countries would call the weather we have right now summer hehe, I even went to the beach yesterday but it's still too cold to swim. Maybe next week

Pozdrav s Malte!
    'Only the best people fight against all obstacles in pursuit of happiness'

"...everywhere he goes, including where he lives, also strikes him as foreign; the point is, he's always the foreigner." ~ John Irving

Подающий надежды оратор

Istria

Quote Originally Posted by buso
    hey Mayita,
    how are you? so you are from Istria..and where exacly? now you're in Malta for studying? I sa that you speak a little bit of italian eh? well!
    I think that Croatia have a very beautifull seaside the best of all the North Adriatic, i go there sometimes in summer on holiday: i have been in Umago, Pola, Fiume and Porec..
    a presto..ciao ciao
    Andrea,
    susa per il ritardo; questi giorni fa bel tempo a Malta e ho lasciato perdere tutta la technologia Io parlo/capisco l'italiano abbastanza bene grazie alla TV italiana, sono praticamente crescuta sentendo e parlando questa bellissima lingua

But let's go back to English so that everyone can understand
    I am from Labin (Albona) and Rabac, which is not far from Pula, but I have friends all over the peninsula and love to go around Pula, Rovinj, Porec etc, dor me there is really no better place, I love it I can't wait for summer.

Wow we are really a bunch of clever people when it comes to languages eh?
    'Only the best people fight against all obstacles in pursuit of happiness'

"...everywhere he goes, including where he lives, also strikes him as foreign; the point is, he's always the foreigner." ~ John Irving

Подающий надежды оратор
    hey!
    thank you for the greetings, you were perfectly clear.
    I can say that the sentence chosen by you is very interesting and great!
    well, as for italian alphabet, we have 21 letters:
    Aa like mAmma
    Bb-Brother
    Cc-Car
    Dd-Dealing
    Ee-Elephant
    Ff-Father
    Gg-Great
    Hh-it has not sound, we use it to change sound in some group of letters:ce=че and che=ke.this role is used only with ci-chi(kи);ce-che;
    Ii-lIke
    Ll-Lamp
    Mm-Mother
    Nn-Noon
    Oo-zOro
    Pp-Parents
    Qq-Quater. it is always followed by the U ex:QUattro (which means 4)
    Rr-Rome
    Ss.Sister
    Tt-Table
    Uu-Y in russian
    Vv-Venice
    Zz-Zoro
    this is all for our alphabet.
    I hope it is sufficiently clear to understand, if you have some problems, ask me.next time I will show you greetings and other few question that you wrote me last time!
    Alla Prossima!(до встречи)
    ћао
    P.S. before I forget thank you and vlacko for yours opinion about kosovo and its situation!
    Ok, there's only one thing unclear to me. You read letter I like english I (aj)? And i liked that example with Zoro. Anyway, it's perfectly clear. Thanks for the explanation. I'll try to prepare something about serbian but i could do that only tomorow becouse i'm too busy today, so...
    Ciao!
    PS. No problem at all... If you'r interested in anything else, just say... How is the situation in Italy? I'm going there next year (as a school trip) for some 10 days or so... Can't whait

Новичок
    Hi! Actually the "i" pronunciation in Italian is the same than Srpsko-htvatski Ии(Ii).

Pozdrav!

Подающий надежды оратор
    ciao Milena,
    as for the letter I, i didn't realize that I had failed with the example! "like" is the worst example that I could choose.so Nicola is perfecly right when he say that the sound is the same of the serbian "и".
    returning on the greetings that I promised you in the last mail:
    we have "buon giorno"=dobar dan (with the same uses of yours);
    "buona sera"=dobro veče; "Buona notte"=good night; Buona mattina"='Dobro jutro' (we don't use it).
    you already know "Ciao" it is more informal. the formal way to great someone is Buon giorno.
    some simply questions:
    come ti chiami?=What is your name?
    quanti anni hai?=How old are you?
    come stai?=How are you?
    the situation here in Italy is quite good. our big problem for the moment is the high cost of life:since we begin to use Euro everithing is more expensive ! yesterday we had a very big strike to protest about work conditions, school reform, our bad economy(we have the last economic growth of the european union!). a part this, the rest is ok! our country is very beautiful to visit, the big city has a very good night life for youth and students . so you will came here with school next year; do you know more or less what you will visit?
    Buona giornata (have a nice day)
    ciao!

Подающий надежды оратор
    ciao Mayita, come va?
    innanzitutto complimenti x l'italiano !
    per fortuna anche qui

Подающий надежды оратор
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayita
    And mayita, where do you come from? Are you croation? Heh, it really is kinda comfusing. But ok... How is the weather going in Malta? It must be coool place. Ok, here ya soon. Greatings from Belgrade
    Waah, life down here has been hectic, sorry about taking a while to reply I've been living in Malta for a long time (my father is Maltese), but I'm otherwise from Istria, which I consider home and return to quite often luckily.
    Malta can be a really great place if you're surrounded by good friends and are in touch with the local culture, which I am luckily
    The weather...some countries would call the weather we have right now summer hehe, I even went to the beach yesterday but it's still too cold to swim. Maybe next week

Pozdrav s Malte!
    I wannet to reply right away when i replyed on buso's message but something was wrong with my network (and still is, since i'm writting from internet caffe, lol). So you'r from Istria? That is so great. My God-father lives there (but i havent seen him for ages). The thing between serbs and croations wich is going on now is so stuped. I don't understand that hate between us, so pointless...
    You'r so lucky, as for the weather! I can't whait for summer to come! Ok, have to go now, so see ya soon!

Подающий надежды оратор
    ciao Milena,
    as for the letter I, i didn't realize that I had failed with the example! "like" is the worst example that I could choose.so Nicola is perfecly right when he say that the sound is the same of the serbian "и".
    "buona sera"=dobro veče; "Buona notte"=good night; Buona mattina"='Dobro jutro' (we don't use it).
    you already know "Ciao" it is more informal. the formal way to great someone is Buon giorno.
    some simply questions:
    come stai?=How are you?
    the situation here in Italy is quite good. our big problem for the moment is the high cost of life:since we begin to use Euro everithing is more expensive ! yesterday we had a very big strike to protest about work conditions, school reform, our bad economy(we have the last economic growth of the european union!). a part this, the rest is ok! our country is very beautiful to visit, the big city has a very good night life for youth and students . so you will came here with school next year; do you know more or less what you will visit?
    ciao!

Подающий надежды оратор
    ciao Milena,
    some simply questions:
    come stai?=How are you?
    ciao!
    Sorry for havent replyed right away, but i was in great hurry, and now my internet is ok so i'll certanly come more often (but yet not that often since i must study alot these days)...
    About the letter I, it doesnt matter. We all make mistakes...
    Anyway,thanks for those frazes! And about serbian, i don't know what next to show you. I'll have to take gramar or something or some plans for learning, i'll see something.
    Ya, euro efect us too. Prices are higher and higher every day.... I'm glead that everything else i ok... I'm not sure wich places we will visit, i'm only sure that we will see Venece and Rome, and for others, i donno yet...
    I have to go to school now, so i'll make sure to come more often since now. Sorry again for not replying right away
    Buona giornata! : )

Подающий надежды оратор
    hey,no problem for your delay, I was just trying some functions of these messages. I don't want to make you hurry! I'm sorry.
    about serbian, well, you can show me something like the general structuro of a sentence and the persons, if for you is ok...
    oh yes,can I ask you something about Arkan and his militia?if after his death his militia has been dismissed or they still exist ecc..
    thank you
    Dobro veče

Подающий надежды оратор
    ћ is nearly like tu the English word tune.
    Џорџ Буш је ратни злочинац!

Почётный участник
    Quote Originally Posted by Antono
    ћ is nearly like tu the English word tune.
    I wouldn't say that Amikeco, right?

ћ is very similar Italian ciao.
    Не могу све битке да се добијају. Рат не добија онај који оће све битке да добије него онај који уме паметно да их губи.
    Драгослав Михајловић

Подающий надежды оратор
    Well, Bugi said that the Italian c in ciao is not exactly like ћ but you both are from different regions, so it might be possible that you pronounce the ћ differently.

Or I just mispronounce the English word.

In German, there is a similar sound (soft "ch") but without the t in front of it, so that I just leave out the t when speaking ћ.
    Џорџ Буш је ратни злочинац!

Подающий надежды оратор
    hello you all! i would also like to learn a bit of serbian or croatian as apparently the grammar is mostly the same. I would like to get more familiar with cyrilic alphabet though. The lessons i could read here interested me a lot. Does anyone want to go on with it? I could help if someone wanted to learn a bit of french, which is my language.

Tanks a lot!

Подающий надежды оратор
    hi iblix!
    you're welcome
    I hope that Galathilien could come soon to help us with serbian!
    by the way, there are other guys that i think can help you

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast