Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: What do you think about Poland.

Подающий надежды оратор

What do you think about Poland.

Hi my namie is Michał,i'm from Poland and i have few question to users from Russia and other countries.
    1.What do you think about Poland ?? :{culture,cities,army} ??tease:
    2.What do you think about people from Poland for example:
    *about behavior abroad,What do you know about us ??
    3*.What do you think about Polish policy towards Russia ??
    4.What do you think about Polish foods ?? :"":
    5.Do you know someone from Poland ?? What do you think about him/her ??
    6. What do you think/know about Polish history {is positive or not?} ??
    7*.What do you think about murders in Katyn {true or false and opinion} ??
    8.Do you know sayings or anecdotes about Poles/Poland ?? If yes-Quote few
    * } Question to users only from Russia.

I want to know the real opinions. In return i can give you my opinion about your country.

Re: What do you think about Poland.

Quote Originally Posted by MichauPOL
    Hi my namie is Michał,i'm from Poland and i have few question to users from Russia and other countries.
    1.What do you think about Poland ??
    2.What do you think about people from Poland ??
    6. What do you think about Polish history ??

I want to know the real opinions. In return i can give you my opinion about your country.
    What a discrimination! I am from Ukraine and I do have opinion on items 3 and 7. Why can't I answer? I will.

1. Too big topic. Concretize please.
    2. Too big topic. Concretize please.
    3. I feel like Polish policy towards Russia is mainly driven by emotions and psychological complexes and therefore is not very smart.
    4. You mean traditional kitchen? Well, I didn't test much of it...
    5. I don't know anyone personally enough close to have an opinion. Just few people in trains. Or maybe you mean Polish celebrities?
    6. Too big topic. Concretize please.
    7. Surely it was and it was abhorrent crime against humanity. And all documents about it should be published openly. But there is nobody to punish for this crime nowadays. We should remember it but we should not make it a political tool.
    8. Mmmm... I don't remember right now. Maybe there are some historical tales.

In return will you please answer yourself your questions number 3 and 7?
    "Россия для русских" - это неправильно. Остальные-то чем лучше?

Hanna

I am Swedish
    -------------------
    1.What do you think about Poland ??

OK, currently an underrated country in Europe. In 20 years from now it will be important in Europe. More people ought to go there on holiday, it's very nice. Surprising how religious many people in Poland seem to be..

2.What do you think about people from Poland ??
    Good looking girls and hard working guys. Competent and decent as far as I can tell.

What are you guys DOING!! Rocket launching sites... And what do you need Nato for?? Look at Sweden we are not in Nato and doing fine! Finland is right next to Russia and they would NEVER join NATO, they have some kind of understanding with Russia. Also, I agree with Ito-ogo's point about this.

4.What do you think about Polish foods ??
    Not my favourite but OK. Too much cabbage.

I know some very talented IT people (programmers etc) who are Polish. Male and female. Allround outstanding people, everyone of them. I once hired a Polish cleaner (she was a student) and she was fantastic. Currently Poles are the best carpenters in Britain. All the British carpenters hate them because they take the jobs. To summarise: If the Polish ppl in the UK are anything to go by then your country has a great future ahead of it.

6. What do you think about Polish history ??
    Poor Poland... Never left alone by surrounding countries.... Sweden historically has a very good relationship with Poland, no wars and no problem. Even a shared king, Sigismund who left Sweden and became king in Poland.

No opinion. If I had an opinion I probably would not be bringing it up in a forum with lots of nice Russian ppl who were born long after this event and who are trying to help people to learn Russian. It was a very long time ago and horrible things happen in wars. Which is why we should never have any wars in Europe again.

Hi! I'm from Russia.
    1. In general - Poland is a neighboring (to us) ancient Slavic country with very rich history and culture.
    2. I don't know anyone personally, but according on what I heard Polish people a great.
    3. Stupid. Your leaders act like offended kids. Are you Poles not bothered yet to be the puppets of US policy?
    4. Hadn't been tasted any. I only know that you also count borshch as a dish of national cuisine.
    5. As I said before, I don't.
    6. I don't know how history can be positive or not. It's just history. As I already said, Poland history is very ancient and rich, that's for certain. If you mean the foreign relations aspect, some times Poland offended it's neighbors, some times vice versa it was captured. (The same as Russia was). I don't think ANY country can say "We were always been good guys".
    7. Of course it's true and it was a horrible crime agains humanity. This act was committed by personal Stalin's order (along with murders of hundeds thousands of Soviet people). I agree that all archive documents about this tragedy must be opened and published. I grieve about poor murdered Polish officers. I can discuss this quiestion in detail if you want, but I guess we need a seperate thread for that.
    8. The only one I can remeber for the moment it's a saying from Soviet times: "Курица - не птица, Польша - не заграница" ("Chicken is not a bird, Poland is not a foreign country") .
    Please, correct my mistakes, except for the cases I misspell something on purpose!

Quote Originally Posted by Basil77
    ...8. The only one I can remeber for the moment it's a saying from Soviet times: "Курица - не птица, Польша - не заграница" ("Chicken is not a bird, Poland is not a foreign country") .
    Нет, было "Курица - не птица, Болгария - не заграница".
    http://forum.wordreference.com/showthread.php?t=404201
    "...Важно, чтобы форум оставался местом, объединяющим людей, для которых интересны русский язык и культура. ..." - MasterАdmin (из переписки)

Quote Originally Posted by Lampada
    Это поменяли на Болгарию уже после, когда народ стал ездить отдыхать туда. Изначально поговорка была про Польшу. (В Гугле про Польшу - 24500 совпадений, про Болгарию - 21200, в Яндексе 26К и 24К соответственно).
    Please, correct my mistakes, except for the cases I misspell something on purpose!

Это поменяли на Болгарию уже после, когда народ стал ездить отдыхать туда. Изначально поговорка была про Польшу. (В Гугле про Польшу - 24500 совпадений, про Болгарию - 21200, в Яндексе 26К и 24К соответственно).
    Не думаю. Когда мы это говорили, не было ни Гугля, ни Яндекса.
    viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9654&p=137164&hilit=%D0%9A%D1% 83%D1%80%D0%B8%D1%86%D0%B0+%D0%BD%D0%B5+%D0%BF%D1% 82%D0%B8%D1%86%D0%B0#p137164
    "...Важно, чтобы форум оставался местом, объединяющим людей, для которых интересны русский язык и культура. ..." - MasterАdmin (из переписки)

Почтенный гражданин

Do you know sayings or anecdotes about Poles/Poland ?? If yes-Quote few
    I can’t recall something, and should note a Pole isn’t a hero of Russian anecdotes. I found some of these anecdotes in Internet, but I do not understand this humor. For example, I understand what is funny in following story, however I do not understand why Poles are heroes of this one, I haven’t any associations:

Quote Originally Posted by http://www.zagrandom.ru/information/poland/732.phtml
    Два поляка были на охоте и заблудились в лесу. Один из них когда-то читал, что в подобном случае нужно трижды выстрелить в воздух. Он так и сделал. Прошел час - никто не пришел им на помощь. Он опять выстрелил в воздух. Эффект тот же. Еще через час его друг предлагает:
    -- Давай попробуем еще раз.
    -- Ладно, - согласился первый. - Но учти, что стрелы на исходе.

Не думаю. Когда мы это говорили, не было ни Гугля, ни Яндекса.
    Я встречал эту фразу про Польшу в Советской литературе 60х годов. Моя мама тоже говорит что про Болгарию переделали уже в 70х :P .

Завсегдатай

1.What do you think about Poland ?? :{culture,cities,army}
    Hi, Michał!
    I think that Polish language is VERY beautiful and hope to learn it one day. I'd like to visit many of Polish cities because they seem to be very beatiful, especially Kraków. I always thought that we Russians have much in common with Poles and until recently I actually didn't even know that political relations between Russia and Poland are not very good. In many of famous Russian (Soviet) films, some Polish actors played. I know Barbara Brylska, Daniel Olbrychski, Stanisław Mikulski, Ewa Szykulska, Beata Tyszkiewicz. Oh, and I, personally, like a lot Stanislaw Mrożek's plays.
    I have a book "Brief History of Poland", and I read it a bit I know that the first Polish duke's name was Mieszko Well, I think I also remember some other things about Polish history, but not much.
    I know that in the XIX century, in 1839 (?) there were uprisings in Poland, and they were suppressed very cruelly by the Russian tsar Nikolay I.

As for the Polish army, I don't know anything special about it. I think I only know that it does exist.

I think the only "special" think about your behavior abroad I know is that you Poles can speak very good Russian, but still you have a very special Polish accent which can be considered as charming.

It's sad. Actually, I think that Polish politicians and Polish people are not the same thing. Well, I hope so, at least. Generally, politicians and people of any country are not the same.

I don't think it's very different from Russian, but I have never tasted any.

I had a female classmate from Poland in university. I studied there only one year. I think she was a nice girl and spoke very good Russian. We didn't contact much.

Oops... Answered already, see above

To be honest, I didn't know anything about that until recently, and even now, I don't know much. I have only read some info on Wiki. However, it was awful.. But it's not right if Poles would blame modern Russian people for those events. Our countries should be friends.

I think I don't know any.
    In Russian, all nationalities and their corresponding languages start with a lower-case letter.

Завсегдатай

[quote=Звездочёт]
    I can’t recall something, and should note a Pole isn’t a hero of Russian anecdotes. I found some of these anecdotes in Internet, but I do not understand this humor. For example, I understand what is funny in following story, however I do not understand why Poles are heroes of this one, I haven’t any associations:

Quote Originally Posted by "http://www.zagrandom.ru/information/poland/732.phtml":2uz8i2j3
    Два поляка были на охоте и заблудились в лесу. Один из них когда-то читал, что в подобном случае нужно трижды выстрелить в воздух. Он так и сделал. Прошел час - никто не пришел им на помощь. Он опять выстрелил в воздух. Эффект тот же. Еще через час его друг предлагает:
    [/quote:2uz8i2j3]
    That's probably an American joke translated into Russian. Many jokes you can find on Russian humor sites and in printed joke collections are actually translated American jokes. (Virtually all blond jokes are). I heard from people who lived in the America that there were a lot of "Polish jokes" going around in the USA.

Подающий надежды оратор

...8. The only one I can remeber for the moment it's a saying from Soviet times: "Курица - не птица, Польша - не заграница" ("Chicken is not a bird, Poland is not a foreign country") .
    http://forum.wordreference.com/showthread.php?t=404201
    I known it but i don't understand in P.l "Kura nie ptak-Polska nie zagranica"

Подающий надежды оратор

Quote Originally Posted by Оля
    1.What do you think about Poland ?? :{culture,cities,army}
    Hi, Michał!
    I think that Polish language is VERY beautiful and hope to learn it one day. I'd like to visit many of Polish cities because they seem to be very beatiful, especially Kraków. I always thought that we Russians have much in common with Poles and until recently I actually didn't even know that political relations between Russia and Poland are not very good. In many of famous Russian (Soviet) films, some Polish actors played. I know Barbara Brylska, Daniel Olbrychski, Stanisław Mikulski, Ewa Szykulska, Beata Tyszkiewicz. Oh, and I, personally, like a lot Stanislaw Mrożek's plays.
    I have a book "Brief History of Poland", and I read it a bit I know that the first Polish duke's name was Mieszko Well, I think I also remember some other things about Polish history, but not much.
    I know that in the XIX century, in 1839 (?) there were uprisings in Poland, and they were suppressed very cruelly by the Russian tsar Nikolay I.

As for the Polish army, I don't know anything special about it. I think I only know that it does exist.

I think the only "special" think about your behavior abroad I know is that you Poles can speak very good Russian, but still you have a very special Polish accent which can be considered as charming.

[quote:3sr53kcm]3*.What do you think about Polish policy towards Russia ??
    It's sad. Actually, I think that Polish politicians and Polish people are not the same thing. Well, I hope so, at least. Generally, politicians and people of any country are not the same.

I don't think it's very different from Russian, but I have never tasted any.

I had a female classmate from Poland in university. I studied there only one year. I think she was a nice girl and spoke very good Russian. We didn't contact much.

Oops... Answered already, see above

To be honest, I didn't know anything about that until recently, and even now, I don't know much. I have only read some info on Wiki. However, it was awful.. But it's not right if Poles would blame modern Russian people for those events. Our countries should be friends.

I think I don't know any.[/quote:3sr53kcm]

BRAVO You know a lot about Poland

Подающий надежды оратор

[quote=translationsnmru]
    Quote Originally Posted by Звездочёт

Quote Originally Posted by "http://www.zagrandom.ru/information/poland/732.phtml":3zc67evl
    That's probably an American joke translated into Russian. Many jokes you can find on Russian humor sites and in printed joke collections are actually translated American jokes. (Virtually all blond jokes are). I heard from people who lived in the America that there were a lot of "Polish jokes" going around in the USA.[/quote:3zc67evl]

In Poland we have a lot very funny jooks about Russia,Poland and Germany .I can translate one of this:
    German talking with Poles:
    -Do you know what happens if you enter comunism on the desert??
    -No.What??
    -Sand disappears.

Подающий надежды оратор

Please don't write in Russian language and Cyrylic alphabet because I can speak only in Polish,Englishand German{but my English and German are small }

Завсегдатай

Please don't write in Russian language and Cyrylic alphabet because I can speak only in Polish,Englishand German{but my English and German are small }
    Dobrze.
    In Russian, all nationalities and their corresponding languages start with a lower-case letter.

Quote Originally Posted by translationsnmru
    I heard from people who lived in the America that there were a lot of "Polish jokes" going around in the USA.
    How many Pollocks does it take to change a light bulb?
    Four, one to hold the light bulb and 3 to turn the ladder.

Poles are the brunt of many jokes in the US.
    Кому - нары, кому - Канары.

Just a not very friendly neighbor.

There are strong anti-Russian opinions in Poland right now as far as I know...

I think I've never met a Pole in my whole life,

As I said, it's not very friendly.

Hmm. I don't think I can say anything about it.

Kamka, and you (both are from this forum) Kamka is rather nice. We'll see about you

I know of Rzeczpospolita, and the commonwealth with Lithuania. Then there was an intervention to Russia in 17 century. Then nothing happenned (well, nothing that I know of). Then Poland was divided between Germany and USSR. Then Poland was a member of Warsaw pact.

I think it's true. And it's a crime.

I don't think I know any.
    Send me a PM if you need me.

Подающий надежды оратор

How many Pollocks does it take to change a light bulb?
    Four, one to hold the light bulb and 3 to turn the ladder.

Poles are the brunt of many jokes in the US. ---Polish joke
    To Оля
    Znasz więcej słów po Polsku??
    To ramcil3*.What do you think about Polish policy towards Russia ??-As I said, it's not very friendly.- Its true.
    2.What do you think about people from Poland.-There are strong anti-Russian opinions in Poland right now as far as I know...-This is fact,Poles remember 123 years of tsar's Polish,Polish-Bolshevik war,agression in 17 of september 1939,murderes in Katyn and 45 years of socialism.In Russia, i want see a friend and I will see a friend.

Почтенный гражданин

I ate a cake made by a Polish girl once, and have to confess it didn't taste that great. On the other hand, I often cook mazurki, aren't those Polish too? I'm not sure wether my recipe is very close from the original though.
    Anyway, I'm French and Poland is not something I hear about very often. I know of no major Polish, beside Mickiewicz and a few scientists. The common stereotypes here regarding Poles are not very positive. I know a Polish student and he is a perfectly nice guy, though he is not too fond of "socializing" (= drinking beer with other students).

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast