[quote=corazon_aerodinamico][quote="corazon_aerodinamico":ht91lni1]
Quote Originally Posted by "Бармалей":ht91lni1
Quote Originally Posted by kamka
yup, "kurwa" means a prostitute, ecpressed in a very vulgar way, though.
But it's also used as an exclamation, for example, if you hit yourself on the head, you might yell "kurwa (mać)!". it's verrrry rude though, it's something like English "f uck" or Russian "yob tvoju mat' " (sorry, can't switch the languages now).
"Kurwa" can be used in practically every context, it is very ironicaly called as the most often used words among Polish speakers Its meaning is however always negative.
Actually I think I've seen "Kurva mac" in the context I mentioned. If they say "kurwa mac" is it directed at MY mother or just generally speaking?
It is generally speaking-like "holly f uck". Ther also "psia mać" or "kurwa jego mać".[/quote:ht91lni1]
Sorry for repeating myself but first post was censored by system We do not have it here in Poland.You may be punished later in court for cursing publicly but you can post anything you want without being censored.There is no preventive censorship in the net yet.[/quote:ht91lni1]
yes there is. It all depends on the system, it's got nothing to do with Polish law pretty much. If moderators of such and such forum decide to turn on the censorship option, it works with Polish forums too.
And just how often do you hear about people being sued for swearing on the Internet? I've never come across such situation.