Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: kurwa

Завсегдатай
    Serving Polonium-flavoured Sake at a London Japanese Restaurant

kurwa

What does "kurwa" mean? I see it a lot in a video game I play...
    Заранее благодарю всех за исправление ошибок в моём русском.

Завсегдатай
    By the way in Russian курва it's women with dissolute lifestyle, prostitute. And infinitive: скурвиться - become bastard totally

Завсегдатай
    Well that may not be Polish, but it certainly sounds like something online gamers would say a lot!

Почтенный гражданин
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri
    By the way in Russian курва it's women with dissolute lifestyle, prostitute. And infinitive: скурвиться - become bastard totally
    Yes, and i also herd that this word is originally Polish, it came to russian from Polish language, the same as "cholera".
    Не плюй в колодец, пригодится водицы, напиться.

Завсегдатай
    Quote Originally Posted by Remyisme
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri
    Yes, and i also herd that this word is originally Polish, it came to russian from Polish language, the same as "cholera".
    I herd that this word came to Polish from French

Завсегдатай
    Great. So the French spread cholera to the Russians through the Polish?

Почтенный гражданин
    yup, "kurwa" means a prostitute, ecpressed in a very vulgar way, though.
    But it's also used as an exclamation, for example, if you hit yourself on the head, you might yell "kurwa (mać)!". it's verrrry rude though, it's something like English "f uck" or Russian "yob tvoju mat' " (sorry, can't switch the languages now).
    "Kurwa" can be used in practically every context, it is very ironicaly called as the most often used words among Polish speakers Its meaning is however always negative.

Завсегдатай
    Quote Originally Posted by kamka
    But it's also used as an exclamation, for example, if you hit yourself on the head, you might yell "kurwa (mać)!". it's verrrry rude though, it's something like English "f uck" or Russian "yob tvoju mat' " (sorry, can't switch the languages now).
    "Kurwa" can be used in practically every context, it is very ironicaly called as the most often used words among Polish speakers Its meaning is however always negative.
    Actually I think I've seen "Kurva mac" in the context I mentioned. If they say "kurwa mac" is it directed at MY mother or just generally speaking?

Почтенный гражданин
    it's just generally speaking, an exclamation. I think the "mać" part derives from Russian, but it doesn't mean the same here. It's just a thing people add to "kurwa" to make it sound stronger. Perhaps loooong years ago it might've been meant to insult somebody's mother, but it surely has lost its meaning now. the word "mać" meaning "mother", doesn't even exist in conterporary Polish language.

Почётный участник
    In Slovak language there is another world !piča! which is used for similar purpose

!piča! is the vulgar word for women sexuality... if you want to know

And I have to say, that kurva is used in our language too...

I think kurva-word is international....
    Я ЕСТЬ потому что мы ЕСТЬ. Чтобы были МЫ -- ЕСТЬ Я.
    ПРОЛЕТАРИИ ВСЕХ СТРАН, СОЕДИНЯЙТЕСЬ!

Почтенный гражданин
    We use "picza" too, but I don't think it's of Polish origin, we probably stole it from you guys Picza however is much weaker word than kurwa in Polish.

Почётный участник
    We use "picza" too, but I don't think it's of Polish origin, we probably stole it from you guys Picza however is much weaker word than kurwa in Polish.
    I agree. [color=blue]Inak s

Почтенный гражданин
    If you yelled "picza" on the Polish street, they'd look at you weird, but they wouldn't pay much atention. It's an offensive word, but not half as vulgar as kurwa. I guess picza very often is used in its humorous meaning.

the diphtong "cz" in polish is pronounced more or less like english "ch" in "check". A bit harder, perhaps.

Почётный участник
    If you yelled "picza" on the Polish street, they'd look at you weird, but they wouldn't pay much atention. It's an offensive word, but not half as vulgar as kurwa. I guess picza very often is used in its humorous meaning.

the diphtong "cz" in polish is pronounced more or less like english "ch" in "check". A bit harder, perhaps.
    Ok, now is it clear to me! Thanks...very very much for explaining. Why don't you write in Polish? I understand you better than my own mother

PS: Then č is for Slovakians the same as the cz for Polands and ch for Englishmen...[/b]

Завсегдатай
    "Pica!" sounds like Slovakian word for "П*зда!"...

Почтенный гражданин
    Quote Originally Posted by Pejko

Ok, now is it clear to me! Thanks...very very much for explaining. Why don't you write in Polish? I understand you better than my own mother

PS: Then č is for Slovakians the same as the cz for Polands and ch for Englishmen...[/b]
    a tak jakoś z przyzwyczajenia po angielsku piszę :P Obiecuję, że sie poprawie i już nie będę :P

Barmarley, "pica" is the same as pizda, I guess. We also have the word pizda in Polish. dang, seems like we steal words from all over!

Почётный участник
    Quote Originally Posted by Barmaley
    "Pica!" sounds like Slovakian word for "П*зда!"...
    Piča exactly is the word for П*зда.

How is the world of four-letter-words small...

Почётный участник
    Quote Originally Posted by Pejko

a tak jakoś z przyzwyczajenia po angielsku piszę :P Obiecuję, że sie poprawie i już nie będę :P

Barmarley, "pica" is the same as pizda, I guess. We also have the word pizda in Polish. dang, seems like we steal words from all over!
    I think, only think "piča" we can translate like: "picha". I am not so sure

But as the free-translated word I think it is not the worst variant, is it? What do you think Kamka? I am asking especially your person, cause I know what are you studing at the moment

PS: I am ashamed to your face with my English was this sentence cerrect?

A t

Новичок

"kurwa" or Polish "fuck"

Quote Originally Posted by Бармалей
    Actually I think I've seen "Kurva mac" in the context I mentioned. If they say "kurwa mac" is it directed at MY mother or just generally speaking?
    It is generally speaking-like "holly fuck". Ther also "psia mać" or "kurwa jego mać".

Новичок

Re: "kurwa" or Polish "f uck"

[quote=corazon_aerodinamico]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Бармалей":1gfgmcq1
    It is generally speaking-like "holly f uck". Ther also "psia mać" or "kurwa jego mać".[/quote:1gfgmcq1]
    Sorry for repeating myself but first post was censored by system We do not have it here in Poland.You may be punished later in court for cursing publicly but you can post anything you want without being censored.There is no preventive censorship in the net yet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast