Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Queen-Innuendo-Ride the wild wind

Почтенный гражданин
    thanks........
    It is Winter and Very Cold.

Почтенный гражданин
    Did I just see someone say yo, yo?
    So my word.
    I come to represent and carve my name within your chest.

A "Bijou" is an old person's term for movie cinema (or "Movie Theater" as we refer to it) A Bayou (pronounced bi-you) is commonly recognized as being a swampy area.

*goes to look at lyrics*

(personally, I like their song for the movie "Flash Gordon". "We are the champions" sounded pretty good, until it got associated with gay rights)

BIJOU
    =====

You and me are destined
    You'll agree
    To spend the rest of our lives with each other
    The rest of our days like two lovers
    For ever - yeah - for ever
    My bijou...

Whoever wrote the lyrics for Bijou was probably illiterate or on drugs. Because that song doesn't make any sense. (sorry, not your fault) But I would think that they were trying to say, that how romantic movies always has a happy ending, with the guy and the girl riding off into the sunset.. "happy ever after". That must be what he was talking about.

And the "Ride the Wild Wind" sounds about right if it was talking about a motorcycle. Because when you ride on one, and the wind is always rushing at you, the throbbing of the exhaust, the vibration of the wheels on the asphalt. "Wild Ride" would come close to describing this.
    Give someone fire, and you keep them warm for a single night. Set them on fire, and you'll keep them warm for the rest of their life.

Подающий надежды оратор
    I've never heard the word "Bijou," but the word for "swamp" in Louisiana and Florida is "Bayou" (pronounced "баю," stress on the first syllable). It's not a very common word; usually you hear it in reference to things like "down on the bayou" or "there's a lot of gumbo and alligators on the bayou."

Почётный участник
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosa Anna
    Quote Originally Posted by saibot
    Better safe than sorry.
    ...so what can I do to get on your bad side
    This is a great example of innuendo! You see, "to get on your bad side" could mean either "to make your angry with me" or "to make you be dirty with me." I know that the latter interpretation is streaching it a bit, but that's where my mind went when I read it. XP

As for the "Wild Wind" song, it's likely an innuendo for drug use, rampant sexual congress (having sex often and usually unprotected), or both. Both of these things are common in the life of a Rock star, and seem to go hand in hand with their self-destructive attitude.

Почтенный гражданин
    [quote=Тостер]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Rosa Anna":1l6kuuu9
    Quote Originally Posted by saibot
    Better safe than sorry.
    ...so what can I do to get on your bad side
    This is a great example of innuendo! You see, "to get on your bad side" could mean either "to make your angry with me" or "to make you be dirty with me." I know that the latter interpretation is streaching it a bit, but that's where my mind went when I read it. XP

As for the "Wild Wind" song, it's likely an innuendo for drug use, rampant sexual congress (having sex often and usually unprotected), or both. Both of these things are common in the life of a Rock star, and seem to go hand in hand with their self-destructive attitude.[/quote:1l6kuuu9]

Well I wasn't meaning dirty~ I was just being playful. Still, good point to inuendo --
    It is Winter and Very Cold.

Подающий надежды оратор
    Innuendo is generally when someone says something, but implies something else. What they are implying is negative, mean or derogatory.

Завсегдатай
    Serving Polonium-flavoured Sake at a London Japanese Restaurant
    Quote Originally Posted by atreides8080
    Innuendo is generally when someone says something, but implies something else. What they are implying is negative, mean or derogatory.
    Does it necessarily have to be negative though? I think it's basically just a second meaning, obscured behind an intentionally constructed phrase of primary meaning. As the dictionary says it's an "insinuation", hinting at something rather than come right out and saying it. It certainly can be bad but not always. E.g.: If someone says "I am extremely hungry and your lunch looks delicious," they're not technically asking you to give up your food, but you both know exactly what they mean -- and that's not negative, no matter how rude it may be. Just as often, though, it seems to come in the form of a comment intended to be sexual in nature -- it's a great device for getting around the movie censors and getting a laugh. Again, that's not necessarily "negative, mean, or derogatory."
    Заранее благодарю всех за исправление ошибок в моём русском.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12