Thread: If you want to learn...

Подающий надежды оратор

If you want to learn...

Hello! I'm new to the forum so this is my first post and I'd just like to say that yeah i'm trying to learn on my own right now and since I know how difficult it is to do that i'd like to offer my help to any of those who are interested in learning English. By the way, I can also speak Spanish fluently and am in my fifth year of French so I can help you with those languages too! Took some German but I still need to work on that one later! Well, if you need help don't hesitate to contact me if you'd like! Remember that i'm here for you and i'll enjoy having some guinea pigs! (I want to be a foreign language teacher in Russia for a career so you'd be helping me aquire some experience I guess!)
    пока! :P
    @---;---- Love is like playing the Piano. First you must learn to play by the rules, then you must forget the rules and play from your heart.

Почтенный гражданин
    THough you're new on the forum your picture looks familiar.
    Drop to our forum and we'll try to help you in russian.
    Пораскинул мозгами, теперь собираюсь с мыслями.

Подающий надежды оратор
    спасибо!
    @---;---- Love is like playing the Piano. First you must learn to play by the rules, then you must forget the rules and play from your heart.

Увлечённый спикер

for amazon princess

Hi dear Amazon princess.
    It was very sweet of you to offer a help with learning English. I've been in America for 2 years and the more I'm learning the language, the more quiestions I have. So it would be very helpfull to have one more guinea pig (sometimes I feel like my friends are sick of my quiestions).
    So let's start with distinquishing between "shivering" and "trembling". Did I get it wright that "to shiver" has to do with phisical feelings and "to tremble" - with emotional?
    Like "I'm shivering because I'm cold" and "I'm trembling because I'm angree or scared"?
    "Сталевары, ваша сила - в плавках!"

Завсегдатай
    Friends, Prince of Somalia is very good at English. He can also help you.

angry* not angree

For the most part you are correct about shivering and trembling. I think in some special cases they may be interchanged. I can't think of them right now though.

Увлечённый спикер

Re: for amazon princess

Quote Originally Posted by Victor
    THough you're new on the forum your picture looks familiar.
    V-babes old avatar if I remember correctly .

Oh chubby when you said "Did I get it wright that" I think you mean right not wright. Like "Does this look right to you?". And if you mean you want to write something on paper its "write" like "I can write in English now!". I think Wright is the last name of the two brothers that invented the airplane. Wilber and that other dude I can’t remember.
    <life>Leon S. Kenedy</life>

Почтенный гражданин
    You're absolutely correct about the shivering/trembling thing - I can think of at least one exception, though - tree leaves tremble in the wind.

Увлечённый спикер
    Thank you friends for the correction, I'm flushing with embarrassment - sometimes it slips my mind and I make the mistakes in such simple words. Well, Russians say: "И на старуху бывает проруха".
    By the way, do you have the same expression in English?
    "Сталевары, ваша сила - в плавках!"

Подающий надежды оратор
    Sorry I wasn't able to answer your question. My family and I had to change the entire furniture in the house since we were expecting visitors but then had to change it all back again now that they're not coming! Still in the process of getting my stuff out of boxes but today I managed to at least get my bed in my bedroom and my computer in! yay! As an answer to your question...I think that it would be correct to say that shivering is from cold or sometimes used in literature to say that "it sent a shiver up his spine" or something like that. Trembling on the other hand can be from fear or i've even read once that it could also be from exhaustion, and anger. I'm sure there are other exceptions but that's all I can think of now! I hope I was helpful!