Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: how would it be in English?

Почтенный гражданин
    [quote=bad manners]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Линдзи":2sdzvtfk
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogboy182
    my mom makes me take my shoes off.
    I bet your mom's a Commie.
    No, no, no. Niet. She is an Anti-Commie. Them French are the Commies, but they next to sleep in their shoes. They are die-hard Commies, ‘cause I guess they always die with their boots on. Or in.[/quote:2sdzvtfk]

Your logic is infallable, as far as I can tell, but there must be an error somewhere! Because all ALL GOOD AMERICANS KNOW, the French are actually fascists!

Почтенный гражданин
    Quote Originally Posted by Линдзи
    Your logic is infallable, as far as I can tell, but there must be an error somewhere! Because all ALL GOOD AMERICANS KNOW, the French are actually fascists!
    True enough. Nul grain sans paille, eh, bad manners?
    А если отнять еще одну?

Почтенный гражданин
    True, true:

"Marchons ! Marchons !
    Qu'un sang impur
    Abreuve nos sillons !"

fascism in practice!
    Эдмунд Ричардович Вудфилд

Почтенный гражданин
    Best darned national anthem there is, though.
    А если отнять еще одну?

Почтенный гражданин
    Quote Originally Posted by Линдзи
    The GOOD AMERICANS are, as quite often is the case with them, a bit off. A tiny-winy itsy-bitsy bit off. Because they were not fascists, they were collaborators, who turned out to have in the real fact been die-hard resistant communists as soon as... you know... And their affinity to their shoes must have been an affirmative indication of their resoluteness to die hard resisting in their shoes to the end. My only friend. The End.

I wonder if anybody shall ask what exactly they were resisting in their shoes.
    Jonesboro, Arkansas. Mean, stupid, violent fat people, no jobs, nothing to do, hotter than a dog with 2 d--cks.

Почтенный гражданин
    [quote=bad manners]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Линдзи":12wsylt0
    The GOOD AMERICANS are, as quite often is the case with them, a bit off. A tiny-winy itsy-bitsy bit off. Because they were not fascists, they were collaborators, who turned out to have in the real fact been die-hard resistant communists as soon as... you know... And their affinity to their shoes must have been an affirmative indication of their resoluteness to die hard resisting in their shoes to the end. My only friend. The End.

I wonder if anybody shall ask what exactly they were resisting in their shoes.[/quote:12wsylt0]

Now, as a GOD-FEARING AMERICAN, I am hard-pressed to admit the superiority of the opinion of someone from WHATEVER HEATHEN PART OF EUROPE you come from, you sad soul, but I must admit that in this rare instance you have proven correct. You should immigrate here! After all WE ARE THE LAND OF OPPORTUNITY WHERE THE STREETS FLOW WITH MILK AND HONEY AND FREE GUNS FOR ALL.

Почтенный гражданин
    Quote Originally Posted by bad manners
    The GOOD AMERICANS are, as quite often is the case with them, a bit off. A tiny-winy itsy-bitsy bit off. Because they were not fascists, they were collaborators, who turned out to have in the real fact been die-hard resistant communists as soon as... you know...And their affinity to their shoes must have been an affirmative indication of their resoluteness to die hard resisting in their shoes to the end. My only friend. The End.
    And bad manners quotes Jim Morrison. Straight out of left-field, that.
    А если отнять еще одну?

Почтенный гражданин
    I just took the subject lightly and somehow was dragged away by the rhythm of the final sentence. White noise, really.
    Jonesboro, Arkansas. Mean, stupid, violent fat people, no jobs, nothing to do, hotter than a dog with 2 d--cks.

JB
    Старший оракул
    In California we sleep with our shoes next to us because when an earthquake comes WE JUMP OUT OF BED AND GET THE HE** OUT OF THE HOUSE!!!(I'm not kidding)
    Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.

Увлечённый спикер
    The fact that Americans leave their shoes on indoors and many other people from many other countries do not, just goes to show the degree of soullessness in those countries. Or was it solelessness

Почтенный гражданин
    I leave my shoes on inside, but take them off when I go outside. Thus, my feet get filthy, then I pujt my shoes on to go inside, and they are completely clean. What a simple solution to the problem.
    Эдмунд Ричардович Вудфилд

Завсегдатай
    Quote Originally Posted by Ник
    The fact that Americans leave their shoes on indoors and many other people from many other countries do not, just goes to show the degree of soullessness in those countries. Or was it solelessness
    A pun! Alas, that's something we haven't had around here in a while. *applauds Nick* Why, yes, indeed, god-fearing Baptist Bible College graduate I am, I must track dirt all over my carpets because I'm too lazy to slip my shoes off.

Почтенный гражданин
    There is hardly any carpet in my house to track dirt on...and the hard wood floors are brown, so you can't even see the dirt.

Почтенный гражданин
    Quote Originally Posted by Tambakis
    There is hardly any carpet in my house to track dirt on...and the hard wood floors are brown, so you can't even see the dirt.
    Except when the floor becomes resemblant of white sand dunes.

Почтенный гражданин
    Hard wood floors are terribly...bourgeois, aren't they?
    А если отнять еще одну?

Почтенный гражданин
    Quote Originally Posted by joysof
    I actually like them -- not the type made of small tiles but that of stout battens, with minimal surface treatment, so that the texture and the color are preserved. This kind of floor does not tolerate dirt very well, though.

Почтенный гражданин
    They're actually downright common around here, especially in older houses. Probably 'cos we have a whole lot of trees. Trees are pretty much this state's only natural resource. Well, that an PURE WATER AQUIFERS. Stupid bottling companies, lowering the water tables.

Почтенный гражданин
    Quote Originally Posted by bad manners
    I actually like them -- not the type made of small tiles
    Now this is interesting. I have always thought that tiles were the way to go with floors. Not wooden tiles, of course; they look cheap. The North Africans do splendid floors - pastel colours and reflected light. Although how they don't chip is a mystery. I also like Southern European floors. Ah, floors. Floors.
    А если отнять еще одну?

Почтенный гражданин
    I also like Southern European floors.
    I see. The type of floors I am into is more common in the North, Sweden or Norway, where this is pretty much the standard, and as you go down south you start running into tiles, first wooden and then of concrete. Parquet can be rather nice, granted, but not the cheap stuff they call “parquet” these days (I hope I needn’t mention false parquets).

Почтенный гражданин
    My house was built sometime between 1890 and 1900, the whole house was hard wood. All big old houses around here are like that. My parents wanted to keep everything as original as possible. The bathrooms have tile and everything else is hard wood.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast