Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 71
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Почему Вы хотите жить в России?

  1. #21
    Увлечённый спикер
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    54
    Rep Power
    6

    Re: Почему Вы хотите жить в России?

    Quote Originally Posted by SAn
    Но не стоит отрицать, что в России плотность таких туалетов на душу населения явно выше, чем в США.
    Yess... Acknowledged!

  2. #22
    Завсегдатай
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Moscow,50 feet above the ground
    Posts
    4,106
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: Почему Вы хотите жить в России?

    Ну, про туалеты. В американском кино очень часто показывают именно такие туалеты в школах с неблагополучным климатом. И уж точно, что во всех фильмах в жанре "Поворот не туда" показывают именно такие вот туалеты.
    А! Это! Хотел сказать, что многие российские телеканалы грешат именно такими вот сортирными взглядами на российскую действительность. НТВ например. Ситуация такая, что миллионам людей впихивают это в башку.
    То есть, это в рамках нормального, пугать иностранцев, если уж нас самих стараются напугать.
    Я так думаю.

  3. #23
    Почётный участник iriroma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    128
    Rep Power
    6

    Re: Почему Вы хотите жить в России?

    Quote Originally Posted by Leof
    Ну, про туалеты. В американском кино очень часто показывают именно такие туалеты в школах с неблагополучным климатом. И уж точно, что во всех фильмах в жанре "Поворот не туда" показывают именно такие вот туалеты.
    А! Это! Хотел сказать, что многие российские телеканалы грешат именно такими вот сортирными взглядами на российскую действительность. НТВ например. Ситуация такая, что миллионам людей впихивают это в башку.
    То есть, это в рамках нормального, пугать иностранцев, если уж нас самих стараются напугать.
    +1 Эт точно! Мне один иностранный гражданин как-то раз сказал: " А вы, оказывается, нормальные! А мы у себя в стране думаем, что у вас медведи по улицам ходят!"

  4. #24
    Новичок
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Mississauga, Canada
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    6

    Re: Почему Вы хотите жить в России?

    America has always been a symbol of ideal life: low prices, high life quality, wealth, civilization... Almost every second person on Earth wishes he was born in the US.
    This vision of an "American dream" is nothing but Hollywood propaganda. What you see in American movies and television isn't like real life. Most Americans don't live like the "kids" in Beverly Hills 90210 That's not to say America is a terrible country, but amongst developed nations, it doesn't even rank near the top in living standards. And even the countries that do are only there because of raw statistics, which removes the human aspect from it all.

    Some American cities are even comparable to third world countries, with murder and aids rates similar to what you'd find in Africa (like Washington for example). On the other hand, some Russian cities (like Moscow and St. Pete) are comparable to the developed world, and much more safe and clean that those worst places in America. Those particular cities don't represent the countries as a whole of course, and neither does San's hometown in Russia and his terrible experiences with toilets represent the entire country as a whole. Every city and town is different, some are better, some worse. One cannot judge the living standards of an entire country on personal experiences alone unless they themselves have lived in every region and experienced it all, especially countries as huge and diverse as Russia and America. And by the sounds of things, you've never even been to America!

    As a Canadian myself, I can think of many reasons why someone from the western world would want to live in Russia (or at least visit for an extended period of time). If I were given the opportunity, I'd jump at it in a second. Going beyond the reasons stated by others above, all you would need to do is observe how the average person here spends an average day. You would see just how empty, dumb, depressed and morally bankrupt we are as a society.

    Here's an interesting fact: Antidepressants are the most prescribed drug in America, with 1 in 10 women over 18 taking them. It's just as bad here in Canada. Do they need those drugs because they live happy, fulfilling lives?

  5. #25
    Подающий надежды оратор
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    23
    Rep Power
    6

    Re: Почему Вы хотите жить в России?

    Well that's pretty easy. First of all my girlfriend is Russian. Besides that, I have lived in Russia for 5 months and I loved it. Why? I don't know. It's hard to say, but something attracts me. Oh and once you managed to find a nice apartment, the rest is all super cheap. That's what it is, compared to the Netherlands. Enough reasons for me.

  6. #26
    Подающий надежды оратор
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    34
    Rep Power
    6

    Re: Почему Вы хотите жить в России?

    Here's an interesting fact: Antidepressants are the most prescribed drug in America, with 1 in 10 women over 18 taking them. It's just as bad here in Canada. Do they need those drugs because they live happy, fulfilling lives?

    yes... and you know why? i think it happen because live in america is much easily than in russia, in our case we have no time for the Antidepressants and psychologist, in addition we can't pay for that, it's for rich people... we even don't think about it...
    and every time when life come to normal way, a government do something... to make our life more extremal...
    concerning prices, yes, our prices is lower than yours, but and our real wages is more lower, for example wages in my city about 5000-40000 rub in month ~150-1250usd... how you like that? 40000 is very gooood for my place (no one of my friend have it) (not for the moscow)!
    Who want talk about it - PM to me, i have much more to say.

    sorry for my english.
    trust no one

  7. #27
    Почтенный гражданин delog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    pale blue dot
    Posts
    270
    Rep Power
    6

    Re: Почему Вы хотите жить в России?

    Antidepressants in Russia are replaced with vodka
    English as a Second Language by Jeff McQuillan and Lucy Tse.

  8. #28
    Подающий надежды оратор
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    34
    Rep Power
    6

    Re: Почему Вы хотите жить в России?

    ))) 100%
    and bears )
    trust no one

  9. #29
    Подающий надежды оратор
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    san francisco,usa
    Posts
    11
    Rep Power
    6

    Re: Почему Вы хотите жить в России?

    hey misty... it may takes a little 'latent' way of thinking that would answers a lot of your question and worries

  10. #30
    Подающий надежды оратор
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    California, but From Russia
    Posts
    28
    Rep Power
    6

    Re: Почему Вы хотите жить в России?

    Random Fact, homes in view from my Window start around
    $1,250,000
    or 37,536,413.66959 RUB

    low prices my ass...
    and thats for a family house.

    I dont like living in America, I want to move back to Europe [Netherlands, or Russia]

  11. #31
    Завсегдатай Crocodile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    село Торонтовка Онтарийской губернии
    Posts
    3,059
    Rep Power
    15

    Re: Почему Вы хотите жить в России?

    Quote Originally Posted by FedorV
    ))) 100%
    and bears )
    And, of course, the inevitable balalayka.

  12. #32
    Hanna
    Guest

    Re: Почему Вы хотите жить в России?

    Quote Originally Posted by FedorV
    concerning prices, yes, our prices is lower than yours, but and our real wages is more lower, for example wages in my city about 5000-40000 rub in month ~150-1250usd... how you like that? 40000 is very gooood for my place (no one of my friend have it) (not for the moscow)!
    sorry for my english.
    No worries about your English, just keep practicing..
    But can I ask you something?

    How can they live on less than USD 1000 a month?
    What kinds of jobs do the people have who make such salaries?

    i am guessing that they do not own their flat, but rent it --- what's the rent for a decent flat?

    How much does it cost to buy groceries (normal food) per month in your city?

    After paying the rent (or mortgage) and food, can they afford to go to a restaurant, buy clothes, buy stuff like an ipod, books, computer equipment?

    How much does a programmer make? (I am wondering because I work in IT).

  13. #33
    Завсегдатай
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Russland
    Posts
    9,882
    Rep Power
    17

    Re: Почему Вы хотите жить в России?

    Quote Originally Posted by Johanna
    How can they live on less than USD 1000 a month?
    In Russia, even in Moscow, $1000 is quite enough for one (or even two) person to eat well and pay public services (water, electricity, heating, etc); and for some other incidental expenses. If one has his own flat, of course.
    40000 is a good salary for Moscow, too (not the best, though).

    I am guessing that they do not own their flat, but rent it --- what's the rent for a decent flat?
    For one whose salary is 5000 or 10000 is impossible to rent a flat. The rent depends on a city, and the difference can be very very big. In Moscow, the rent for a one-room flat (that is, a hall, a bathroom unit, a kitchen, and one room) is very high, and also depends on the flat condition and a district (also the proximity to the metro). I don't know... I suppose the very lowest price is... 20 000? (but it's only because of the crisis; before the crisis, it was about 25000 already).
    In Petersburg, those prices are much lower. You can rent a two-rooms flat for 15000 (or even less), and just a room (that is the flat owner lives in the flat, too) for about 5000 (depends on the room's size).
    In Russian, all nationalities and their corresponding languages start with a lower-case letter.

  14. #34
    Новичок
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    rus
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    6

    Re: Почему Вы хотите жить в России?

    How much does a programmer make? (I am wondering because I work in IT).
    30.000 - 50.000r is an average salary for a programmer. IT is one of the most perspective spheres in Russia nowadays. I can say that because i'm working as a network engineer here myself.

    You shouldnt worry about medical ensurance here too. Its free. The rent for an appartment outside Moscow will cost something near 5000-15000 r. The grocery and everything else - it all depends on your expectations but 20.000r for a normal life for a one person is quite enough.

    America has always been a symbol of ideal life: low prices, high life quality, wealth, civilization... Almost every second person on Earth wishes he was born in the US.
    And about all those Russian guys who want to find a better life abroad and showing rural toilets here. I think that a person may complain about the life here only if he didnt find a place for himself. And I strongly doubt that such a person will manage to find a good job in a foreign country. And if you hope that a government will support you there and you will get everything for free so I wish you good luck. The life somewhere isn't much easier and better.

  15. #35
    Подающий надежды оратор
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    34
    Rep Power
    6

    Re: Почему Вы хотите жить в России?

    Quote Originally Posted by Johanna
    How can they live on less than USD 1000 a month?
    What kinds of jobs do the people have who make such salaries?
    Easy, i already have a flat. And my wage before the economic crisis happens was very good (more than 1500 usd), i had my own busines. I still have it, but now it is not so good work.
    If you want to see about wages you can see http://www.moyareklama.ru/search1.php?sc=7 region is Белгород.
    Fore example, average wage programmers is about 15000-25000 (for a good programmer in good company). Teacher is 5000-10000. Accountant - 10000-17000. As you can see it is less then 1000 USD. And 20000 is very good they think.
    The rent of studio flat is about 8000-16000. It's depends on place and furniture.
    But now we too can buy it using mortgage. So many peoples use it.

    By the way...

    Quote Originally Posted by Оля
    40000 is a good salary for Moscow, too (not the best, though).
    Khm... I disagree with that. It's normal if you already have a flat. But if you live alone and you haven't the flat...
    Many of my friends live in Moscow right now. They gone to Moscow to got money, they work hard and get about 60000-80000 (few of them 100000, it is good) in month (they all are programmers). To rent a flat you must pay about 20000-30000 in month. Food, transport and relaxation with friends is not low-price too. So they tell to me they can keep not much from their wage.

    Quote Originally Posted by vj1k
    You shouldnt worry about medical ensurance here too. Its free.
    ))) I didn't say so. Maybe in Moscow it is free. But in my place it's free only in paper. In fact you must pay for a "normal" medicine. Not long time ago, this summer, one of my friends hurt his hand very much, we gone to a hospital, and we had to pay to doctor 500r for his job (free job ), or we didn't get any anaesthetic or other cure (we pay not in the cash desk, we gave the bribe). And while i sit there and wait for my friend, to the hospital arrive another girl, a dog bite her. Not much, but there was some blood and went is make some trouble for her. And know what they did? They refused to heal her and refered her to another hospital. When she gone, I heard one of doctors say it would a trouble to cure her because there might be infection and it's hard to cure. That's why they refer her...

    I don't want to live in country like that )))) This is only one of exemples...

    Quote Originally Posted by vj1k
    And I strongly doubt that such a person will manage to find a good job in a foreign country.
    I have some exemples )) But most of them had a good work here. And they leave russia only because of that i wrote on top. You can get good money here, but things don't changes, a goverment remain, peoples remain, law remain (lawlessness)

    of couse imho... if only somebody understand a word...
    trust no one

  16. #36
    Завсегдатай
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Russland
    Posts
    9,882
    Rep Power
    17

    Re: Почему Вы хотите жить в России?

    Quote Originally Posted by FedorV
    Quote Originally Posted by Оля
    40000 is a good salary for Moscow, too (not the best, though).
    Khm... I disagree with that. It's normal if you already have a flat.
    So you do agree with me. Because I mean it's good for Muscovites, that is for those who have a flat. If you read my post carefully, you'd understand that I meant that.
    In Russian, all nationalities and their corresponding languages start with a lower-case letter.

  17. #37
    Подающий надежды оратор
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    34
    Rep Power
    6

    Re: Почему Вы хотите жить в России?

    No. It's no "good", maybe it's possible to live, but not "good", i think so. I would say it closely to minimum for live. If you alone. But if you have a partner, it's maybe OK. However, as i know, salary for programmers begins from about 40000r in moscow.

    I want you to understand me correctly. It is the good country, here live many good people, most of men i know is good. And you can normaly make one's living. And maybe it more simple than in USA, but actualy to do that you must break the law. And all that things going wrong with medicine, police, goverment, taxes and others area of life. And i think that's never change here. A long time ago goverment says to peoples that all going to be good over 5-10 years. And still no changes. And always it will be. "Someday all gonna be good". And you have no confidence in the future. The next day goverment make do something and you ought to sell yours flat to cover yours arrearages.

    Like they do it now increasing taxes by twice http://www.rian.ru/society/20091024/190344231.html .
    trust no one

  18. #38
    Новичок
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Mississauga, Canada
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    6

    Re: Почему Вы хотите жить в России?

    Quote Originally Posted by FedorV
    yes... and you know why? i think it happen because live in america is much easily than in russia, in our case we have no time for the Antidepressants and psychologist, in addition we can't pay for that, it's for rich people... we even don't think about it...
    and every time when life come to normal way, a government do something... to make our life more extremal...
    You missed my point. If people live happy lives, they shouldn't need prescription drugs. Forget about comparing countries. Just look at America or Canada on its own. We're supposed to be the greatest countries in the world...but by what measure? How easy life is? It seems the easier life becomes, the more worthless, shallow and ignorant our society becomes, and the worse our mental health becomes. An easier life doesn't necessarily mean a happier or better life.

  19. #39
    Hanna
    Guest

    Re: Почему Вы хотите жить в России?

    Gosh I forgot that I had posted in this room and didn't see the response until now.
    Very interesting. Thanks Olya and the others who explained about the costs etc.

    I have been considering the possibility of spending a bit of time in Russia -- I am also in the software industry, a project manager. Depending on what the possibilities are. Maybe a year from now. Either as an international project manager... or perhaps just doing something fulfilling and fun. But right now I can't.

    To the original post: From the point of view of a European person there is nothing very strange at all about wanting to spend some time in Russia. I look forward to the day when there is a Schengen-type agreement between Russia and the EU so people don't have to fuss with visas. It will happen sooner or later.

  20. #40
    Завсегдатай
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Russland
    Posts
    9,882
    Rep Power
    17

    Re: Почему Вы хотите жить в России?

    Quote Originally Posted by Johanna
    It will happen sooner or later.
    Better sooner than we die.
    In Russian, all nationalities and their corresponding languages start with a lower-case letter.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Хотите выучить русский - вам сюда)
    By Irina1490 in forum Penpals and Language Exchange
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: July 15th, 2010, 08:06 AM
  2. Не хотите — не надо.
    By radomir in forum Translate This!
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: July 23rd, 2009, 01:05 PM
  3. Жить/пожить
    By Zubr in forum Grammar and Vocabulary
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: April 13th, 2009, 06:16 PM
  4. Replies: 7
    Last Post: May 18th, 2004, 03:43 PM
  5. жить
    By brucewayne in forum Getting Started with Russian
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: December 28th, 2003, 08:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Russian Lessons                           

Russian Tests and Quizzes            

Russian Vocabulary