Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Slavs Origins

Почтенный гражданин
    I think we all came from one place...and then spread around the world, nameing things this and that...
    Листьев не обожгло, Веток не обломало
    День промыт как стекло, только этого мало

Подающий надежды оратор
    Quote Originally Posted by kalinka_vinnie
    He was baltic!? All my sources, books, etc. say he was a viking/ varangian. Can you provide more information?
    For Russian people there was no big difference between balts and vikings i guess, they all came from one side, so what s the difference? especially if all foreigners were called "немцы". I can tell you that there 2 approaches to history, Norman theory, is kind of anti-russian, slavic/baltic is a patriotic one....

Начиная еще с ломоносовских времен проблема была политизирована. Боролись два течения: норманисты и антинорманисты. Первые утверждали, что Киевскую Русь основали норманы (династия Рюриковичей), вторые — ни в коем случае (Рюрик — славянин или прибалт).
    Rurik wasnt the founder of Russia, there s such an opinion that he was working in Russia, he had a "contract", but then he could take the power.
    Рюрик действительно был позван на Русь, но не княжить и владеть, а на службу. С ним якобы был заключён договор, согласно которому он с дружиной должен был служить местному обществу. Но, воспользовавшись временными неустройствами в этом самом обществе, Рюрик сумел захватить власть
    Выпей - может, выйдет толк,
    Обретешь свое добро,
    Был волчонок - станет волк,
    Ветер, кровь и серебро.
    Группа Мельница

N
    Почтенный гражданин
    А мне по-барабану кто был Рюрик.

У нас Катюха была немкой, Виссарионыч - грузином, а мы от того не онемечились и не огрузинились. Наоборот - они обрусели, и стали больше русскими чем иные чистокровные.

Завсегдатай
    По-моему, сейчас вообще разницы никакой в этом нет.
    «И всё, что сейчас происходит внутре — тоже является частью вселенной».

Подающий надежды оратор
    мдя...такое наплевательское отношение к истории родной страны, (считай к стране в целом) сильно удручает...мельчает наш народ.....

Вот в одном форуме бросилось в глаза такое сообщение. Мексиканцы спросили у русской об истории русского языка. Та начала рассказывать об общеславянском языке, о племенах, о Крещении Руси. Мексиканцы решили, что женщина их обманывает, т.к. твердо были убеждены, что Рюрик немец, и что русский язык точно почти как немецкий......
    Выпей - может, выйдет толк,
    Обретешь свое добро,
    Был волчонок - станет волк,
    Ветер, кровь и серебро.
    Группа Мельница

Re: Slavs Origins

Quote Originally Posted by chukcha
    I heard that there are two theories about the origins of slavic people: a normanist theory that is based on the Nestors chronicles and establishes the roots of Slavic people in Scandinavia and proto-Slavic theory which assumes that Slavic people are composed out of two peoples Venedes (proto-slavs) and slavs proper. The second theory is autochthonic in nature. I am more interested in the accounts on the second theory. I am curious if any of you guys have any interesting information relating to this topic.
    Normanist theory explains not "origins of slavic people", but origins of *Russian state* (there's a lot of slavic peoples beyond Russia, remember?)
    Anyway, this theory is a myth.

"Venedes" were only "proto-slavs"? And who were "vyatichi", "krivitchi", "drevlyane", etc., etc.?
    Кр. -- сестр. тал.

FL
    Почтенный гражданин
    Любопытный ресурс по истории. Классики ХIХ века.
    books on-line

http://www.magister.msk.ru/library/history/

Материалы русской истории
    Основные материалы для изучения русской истории
    Н.М. Карамзин. История государства Российского
    В.О. Ключевский. Курс русской истории
    Н.И. Костомаров. Русская история в жизнеописаниях ее главнейших деятелей
    С.М. Соловьев. История России с древнейших времен
    В.Н. Татищев. История Российская
    м. Макарий. История Русской церкви
    С.Ф. Платонов. Полный курс лекций по русской истории
    ... и другие материалы

Новичок

Nordic Theory

So we have ended the beautiful topic without any significant output.
    Oh, How I was looking forward to knowing something interesting about Russia!
    By the way, do all scholarly discussions end up like this!?
    charu

Увлечённый спикер

Re: Nordic Theory

Quote Originally Posted by charu
    So we have ended the beautiful topic without any significant output.
    Oh, How I was looking forward to knowing something interesting about Russia!
    By the way, do all scholarly discussions end up like this!?
    Could a scholarly discussion have ended any other way?!

Подающий надежды оратор
    who said the topic was over?

Подающий надежды оратор
    A question: whats "хетт" in english?

Завсегдатай
    Quote Originally Posted by chukcha
    A question: whats "хетт" in english?
    a Hittite.
    «И всё, что сейчас происходит внутре — тоже является частью вселенной».

Подающий надежды оратор
    thanks

Подающий надежды оратор
    I found a very original theory that aperently Russians might be offsprings of etruscans. It seems that 80% of Slovenians and Bosnians (only those two example nations are given due to extensive genetic research) share same DNA patterns with etruscans. What do you guys think? Have anyone heard pros or cons for this theory?

FL
    Почтенный гражданин
    Форум "Центральноазиатского исторического сервера"
    http://www.kyrgyz.ru/forum/index.php?act=idx

Topic - "Этрусски - праславяне!"
    http://www.kyrgyz.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=300&st=0

Подающий надежды оратор
    Wow, talking about far fetched fantasies. I have nothing against patriotism but some people are loosing their mind. I had good laugh though. The thing is Etruscans MAYBE "related" to Slavs just like all the nations in the world have a single common ancestor but equating Slavs to Etruscans... priceless
    One more interesting piece of info I came across is the Book of Veles. Although there is much controversy from what I've read it sound pretty legit.

Почётный участник
    I also don't understand what the Etruscans and the Balkan peoples have to do with the origin of the Slavs, since the homeland of the Slavs' ancestors isn't anywhere near Slovenia or Bosnia and the Slavic countries of the Balkan peninsula were actually the last to be settled by the Slavs.

More clearly revealed by such a hypothesis are the lack of critical standards applied to "trendy" technologies such as genetics and the compulsion of "individual" researchers in capitalist societies to promote their own books, lectures etc. by passing off flagrant distortions as facts.

The simple truth is that the ancestors of the Slavs occupied the steppe lands of Ukraine and Russia no later than 2900 BC and probably much earlier--most likely having advanced northward at about 8000-7500 BC, during and soon after the end of the terminal Pleistocene ice age.

DDT
    I have given up the Gambling, the Wine and the Cows!.. I'm in St Petersburg Russia
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff

The simple truth is that .
    The truth?? You mean someones best guess don't you because no one knows what the actual truth is.
    Let me be a free man, free to travel, free to stop, free to work, free to trade where I choose, free to choose my own teachers, free to follow the religion of my fathers, free to talk, think and act for myself. - Chief Joseph, Nez Perce

Почётный участник
    Do Slavs have any origin from Scythians?
    Греческо - Έλληνας

FL
    Почтенный гражданин
    Quote Originally Posted by Греческо
    Do Slavs have any origin from Scythians?
    «Да - скифы мы, да - азиаты мы, с раскосыми и жадными глазами».
    (А. Блок)

Правда, Блок был еще тот историк. Скифы относились к европеоидам и вряд ли могли иметь "раскосые глаза".

http://slovari.yandex.ru/art.xml?art=bs ... %26isu%3D2

"
    Скифы(греч. Skythai), общее название основного населения Северного Причерноморья, состоявшего из родственных племён североиранской языковой группы индоевропейской семьи. С. были родственны савроматам (сарматам), массагетам и сакам. Одни исследователи считают их потомками носителей срубной культуры эпохи бронзы, продвигавшихся начиная с 14 в. до н. э. с территории Поволжья на З. Другие полагают, что основное ядро С. вышло из Средней Азии или Сибири и смешалось с населением Северного Причерноморья. Начало истории С. отмечено их войной с киммерийцами, которые были вытеснены С. из Северного Причерноморья к 7 в. до н. э., и походами С. в Малую Азию. С 70-х гг. 7 в. до н. э. С. завоевали Мидию, Сирию, Палестину и господствовали в Передней Азии, но в начале 6 в. до н. э. были вытеснены оттуда мидийцами. Следы пребывания С. отмечены и на Северном Кавказе. Основная территория расселения С. - степи между нижним течением Дуная и Дона, включая степной Крым и районы, прилегающие к Северному Причерноморью. Северная граница неясна. С. разделялись на несколько крупных племён.
    "
    и т.д.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast