Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Russian humor

Почтенный гражданин
    Trigger Happt tv! I love that show, the giant pigeons are great! They used to have it on Comedy central I think, I can never find it on anymore I miss the ginormous cell phone, and the interveiw and runs. good times

Старший оракул
    On the subject of British TV, some truly incredible news .. they're making a film of the magic roundabout!!!
    Море удачи и дачу у моря

Почтенный гражданин
    And just look at some of the cast:

Jim Broadbent - Brian
    Joanna Lumley - Ermintrude
    Richard O'Brien - Zebedee (!)

Hope it comes to Moscow.
    А если отнять еще одну?

Завсегдатай
    So, Tambakis, the board is still waiting for your explanation - how could you tell that "not an ounce of humour" got throught, huh?
    Ох и не люблю же я мелких хвастунишек-брехунишек, которые вот ляпнут абы что кабы как, а как пригвоздят, так они шмырк и во кусты...
    Show yourself - destroy our fears - release your mask

Увлечённый спикер
    I like this discussion and I want to express my opinion. I had got the oportunity to watch a comedy from russian I must say that I like it. However You should be awared and prepare yourself that you are not going to watch a Superproduction like in USA are done but in my opinion much interesting.
    they are goint to tell you a story well done.
    One the other hand, I love british humour Benny HIll, and Mr Ben are two examples of my favorites comedy. I am sure there are people hate them. I dont mind .
    However, for instance, comedy from USa doesn't make me pay any attention.
    I could dance with you till the cows come home...On second thought, I'd rather dance with the cows when you came home

Почётный участник
    It's difficult for me to evaluate the Russian sense of humour being a Russian citizen myself, but I must say that IMO the British have a most superb sense of humour and their sitcoms and shows really rock. Unfortunately, I can't really say the same about American sitcoms and shows, but that's probably because I tend to get more exposure to British English and culture than American English and culture watching the telly here...
    I as an american agree with you. I've alwayse been a fan of British humor.

In russian humor, I like their common sense diolect. it can be really funny at times.
    "Wrong is wrong, even if everybody is doing it. Right is right, even if nobody is doing it."
    St. Augustine
    http://www.paladinrepublic.com

Подающий надежды оратор
    Maybe I'm jumping in here waaay too late but You people did not even mention one of the greatest shows to grace the small screen, I talking about seinfeld. C'mon don't tell me you don't like it, it's hilarious. also, Saturday night live is good and Mad TV. Do you guys get any Aussie TV? Some of it is pretty good. And I'm not talking about neighbours.

BJ
    Почётный участник
    Does anyone actually like Neighbours apart from teenage girls and old ladies! I don't know of any Oz programs on British TV apart from Neighbours. What funny ones are there? BTW I think Seinfeld is very good too .

Почтенный гражданин
    BTW I think Seinfeld is very good too .
    I think so too, but I would scarcely call it a regular american sitcom, and that is exactly what makes it great. It
    blame Canada

Подающий надежды оратор
    Yeah I think a lot of people must watch neighbours it's been running for more that 2 decades now so it must have good ratings. I somtimes watch it myself although I don't have enough time to follow it religiously. In Australia we have some pretty good sketch shows We get the"Sketch show" which I like but we have simmilar Aussie versions like skit house, a really good aussie sitcom was "Lano and Woodly" with a lot of slapstick comedy.

Увлечённый спикер
    Quote Originally Posted by BJ
    Does anyone actually like Neighbours apart from teenage girls and old ladies! I don't know of any Oz programs on British TV apart from Neighbours. What funny ones are there? BTW I think Seinfeld is very good too .
    I know a girl at uni who is from Zimbabwei (wrong spelling?). She seems to really like watching Neighbours but, she says, only to laugh at it.. Damn teeny-boppers

Anyways, British comedy is the best! Stuff like Faulty Towers and Monty Python is awsome!

Can't forget the guy in my profile pic, though. He's pretty mad, too!

"Mein Fuher... I can walk!"

"I'yam Inspetor Clesau; dere iz ze krime!?"
    You're not funny... no, wait!
    гы гы гы
    There, I laughed

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123