Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: drinking

Завсегдатай
    Vomitization... Why put anything in your tea? How can you enjoy the taste of your darjeeling (insert your favourite kind of brew here) if it's been interfered with in the most ghastly of fasions?
    Show yourself - destroy our fears - release your mask

DDT
    I have given up the Gambling, the Wine and the Cows!.. I'm in St Petersburg Russia
    Well I dare say, I have heard older refined ladies and gentlemen, who were English, remark, "that it is "uncivillized" for one to drink their tea without milk and only barbarians would do so"..........That's why I drink my tea with a whole cow full of milk and two spades full of sugar, mate. Sos' no one will suspect my convict ancestors.
    Let me be a free man, free to travel, free to stop, free to work, free to trade where I choose, free to choose my own teachers, free to follow the religion of my fathers, free to talk, think and act for myself. - Chief Joseph, Nez Perce

Завсегдатай
    Quote Originally Posted by DDT
    Well I dare say, I have heard older refined ladies and gentlemen, who were English, remark, "that it is "uncivillized" for one to drink their tea without milk and only barbarians would do so"..........That's why I drink my tea with a whole cow full of milk and two spades full of sugar, mate. Sos' no one will suspect my convict ancestors.
    A chap can learn to talk posh, but a chap can never fully disguise his barbarian tea drinking habit. All right, old boy? Or should I say mite?

Завсегдатай
    Granted, our VM's behaviour on this boards is often just trolling, pure and simple, but still there are some points on which I totally agree with him, and this sugar in tea issue is one of them. Sugar kills the tea, period!

Почтенный гражданин
    Sugar kills anything. It also kills the taste of bad tea. So does milk. And lemon. If for whatever reason someone wants to drink bad tea, then the taste has to be obfuscated with sugar, milk, lemon, you name it. (Isn't it easier not to add bad tea to that mix in the first place? I always wonder.)

The taste of good tea needn't be obfuscated. But if one is accustomed to drinking bad tea (which includes all those disgusting sugar/milk/lemon chores), that will manifest itself even with good tea. In fact, that person will not even be able to tell good tea from bad tea.
    Jonesboro, Arkansas. Mean, stupid, violent fat people, no jobs, nothing to do, hotter than a dog with 2 d--cks.

Властелин
    You people sure do take your tea-drinking seriously.

JB
    Старший оракул
    These arguments all sound quite Brittish to me. In America we are serious about coffee!
    Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.

Почтенный гражданин
    Quote Originally Posted by JB
    These arguments all sound quite Brittish to me. In America we are serious about coffee!
    How can you be serious about something you've never tasted?
    Jonesboro, Arkansas. Mean, stupid, violent fat people, no jobs, nothing to do, hotter than a dog with 2 d--cks.

JB
    Старший оракул
    I've never tasted? Please explain. Perhaps coffee is grown where you live?

Завсегдатай
    How can you be serious about something that sucks ?(tea)
    Вот это да, я так люблю себя. И сегодня я люблю себя, ещё больше чем вчера, а завтра я буду любить себя to ещё больше чем сегодня. Тем что происходит,я вполне доволен!

DDT
    I have given up the Gambling, the Wine and the Cows!.. I'm in St Petersburg Russia
    I've never tasted? Please explain. Perhaps coffee is grown where you live?
    I think BadManners is referring to the weak coffee that Americans drink.
    Let me be a free man, free to travel, free to stop, free to work, free to trade where I choose, free to choose my own teachers, free to follow the religion of my fathers, free to talk, think and act for myself. - Chief Joseph, Nez Perce

Завсегдатай
    Coffee? You don't drink coffee, you drink liquid mud.

P.S. JB, I'm inviting you to go for a cuppa. If you ever happen to be passing through St Pete, I'd really like to meet up with you and give you a little introduction into our superior tea drinking practice, for it appears you have been grossly misinformed about Russia and its people.

JB
    Старший оракул
    Good Heavens! VM,exactly where were you drinking coffee in the US? Hopefully not one of those HWY 66 greasy spoons!

As for the tea party, once again I will ignore your invitations.

Завсегдатай
    Good Heavens! VM,exactly where were you drinking coffee in the US?
    In the most reputable of American households.

As for the tea party, once again I will ignore your invitations.
    Did you really think I was inviting you in earnest? I was meerly paying tribute to formality. God, how little you actually know about Russia... Remember this - an invitation from a Russian expressed in that kind of form is not an invitation, but a warning that you should stay away from him. Ignorant cowgirl, you.

Почтенный гражданин
    Coffee? You don't drink coffee, you drink liquid mud.
    prejudice and sweeping statements by the anti-prejudice pleader. Double standard?
    blame Canada

JB
    Старший оракул
    Exactly where is the location of and who occupies this "reputable American household?"

Почтенный гражданин
    JB, would you describe the basic ingredients, processes and equipment that are used in the US to make what you call "coffee"?

Почётный участник
    How come it can't be that Americans make coffee one way and that's the way some people like it, and other countries, cultures, etc. make their coffee a different way and that's the way they like it?
    Я тебя люблю , большой монстр!

Почтенный гражданин
    Because, Tiara, the harmony of compromise does not for entertainment make.
    А если отнять еще одну?

Почтенный гражданин
    Here is an example: I can take an apple and then "make it" by doing nothing and then eat it. If the apple was good, I am going to enjoy it. Now, I can take an apple and "make it" by chopping it into oblivion and then mixing it with shit -- no, I am not going to eat that. I am not going to eat that even if it was originally good. I am not going to eat that even if you add a pound of sugar and put that in a half-gallon container "to go".

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast