Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Russian Grammar in Illustrations

  1. #1
    Увлечённый спикер
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    European citizen
    Posts
    65
    Rep Power
    11

    Russian Grammar in Illustrations

    I wonder if anyone has heard of this book that was published by Russky Yazyk Publisher in 1994 Moscow. the authors are KI Pekhlivanova and MN Lebedeva.
    A friend of mine who studied Russian lends me the book for a while. It explains grammar whit drawing.
    I am very gratefull to hear other opinions about this book because I am considering to buy it if it is not a waste of money.
    Thanks in advance.
    I could dance with you till the cows come home...On second thought, I'd rather dance with the cows when you came home

  2. #2
    Почтенный гражданин
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    England
    Posts
    271
    Rep Power
    11

    Re: Russian Grammar in Illustrations

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas
    I wonder if anyone has heard of this book that was published by Russky Yazyk Publisher in 1994 Moscow. the authors are KI Pekhlivanova and MN Lebedeva.
    Russian Grammar in Illustrations by K. I. Pekhlivanova, M. N. Lebedeva link provided by markaz in subsequent verbs of motion post in this forum - http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/de ... 1?v=glance

  3. #3
    Увлечённый спикер
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    European citizen
    Posts
    65
    Rep Power
    11
    thanks mauk,

    I could dance with you till the cows come home...On second thought, I'd rather dance with the cows when you came home

  4. #4
    Подающий надежды оратор
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    11
    Rep Power
    11
    Russian Grammar in Illustrations is one of my favorite study books. On a basic level, clear diagrams illustrate grammatical constructions which take a long time for English-speakers to grasp.

    On an intermediate level, the book tackles advanced constructions such as participles. Verbs of motion are handled well.

    On an advanced level, you can study the small print explanations which are written in academic Russian. (There is no English in the book, so it is a total immersion experience).

    I love this book, and paid $8 for it in Moscow.
    .................
    студент: "Я часто вижу себя во сне как профессором. Что мне нужно сделать?"
    профессор: "По-меньше спать!"

  5. #5
    Увлечённый спикер
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    European citizen
    Posts
    65
    Rep Power
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by DrRick
    Russian Grammar in Illustrations is one of my favorite study books. On a basic level, clear diagrams illustrate grammatical constructions which take a long time for English-speakers to grasp.

    On an intermediate level, the book tackles advanced constructions such as participles. Verbs of motion are handled well.

    On an advanced level, you can study the small print explanations which are written in academic Russian. (There is no English in the book, so it is a total immersion experience).

    I love this book, and paid $8 for it in Moscow.
    Thanks very much.
    I am afraid that the price nowday is about 30 $ in Moscow. In spite of the price I will order one.
    I could dance with you till the cows come home...On second thought, I'd rather dance with the cows when you came home

  6. #6
    Новичок
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Barcelona
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    10
    [I am afraid that the price nowday is about 30 $ in Moscow (at Pushkin State Institute's bookstore). In spite of the price I will order one.[/quote]

    Actually, I paid last year 160 rubles (About 5 euros) in Moscow for that book. I bought the russian version, don't know if it's cheaper than the english ones.

    It's a fine book, and I learnt a lot (prepositions and verbs of motion) even though my slight level of russian.
    "Жди, когда других не ждут,
    Позабыв вчера.
    Жди, когда из дальних мест
    Писем не придет,
    Жди, когда уж надоест
    Всем, кто вместе ждет.

    Жди меня, и я вернусь,
    Не желай добра
    Всем, кто знает наизусть,
    Что забыть пора".
    Константин Симонов

  7. #7
    Подающий надежды оратор
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    36
    Rep Power
    9
    oooh... i got a copy of this today!!!! (payed about $40 for it used.... *it still has the original price on the back cover of 1P 85K... hahah...)

    worth every penny though.... i would recommend this to ANYONE who feels they are a "visual" learner... cleared up alot of my grammar questions after 2 hours of reading...

  8. #8
    Завсегдатай
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Serving Polonium-flavoured Sake at a London Japanese Restaurant
    Posts
    2,662
    Rep Power
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by tendu
    oooh... i got a copy of this today!!!! (payed about $40 for it used.... *it still has the original price on the back cover of 1P 85K... hahah...)
    Ouch.
    Заранее благодарю всех за исправление ошибок в моём русском.

  9. #9
    Властелин
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Invalid City!
    Posts
    1,352
    Rep Power
    12
    Ooh... thanks for the reminder.

    I was given a copy of this book last time I was in Russia, and I forgot all about it. I haven't even looked at it yet.

Similar Threads

  1. Russian grammar explained through English grammar book?
    By ndemeis in forum Grammar and Vocabulary
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: October 15th, 2009, 06:02 PM
  2. Replies: 39
    Last Post: August 22nd, 2009, 02:15 AM
  3. Looking for a Russian grammar teacher
    By jasmijn in forum Tutors Directory
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: February 23rd, 2009, 11:37 AM
  4. Russian grammar?
    By zomby_pengy in forum Grammar and Vocabulary
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: May 12th, 2006, 10:05 AM
  5. "Russian Grammar in Illustrations" by Pekhlivanova
    By lolajl in forum Book Reviews
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: January 8th, 2005, 09:55 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Russian Lessons                           

Russian Tests and Quizzes            

Russian Vocabulary