Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 50

Thread: Short forms

  1. #21
    Завсегдатай
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ukraine
    Posts
    5,076
    Rep Power
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by love.angel
    Do people just make these diminutives up? Or is there some structure that they all follow?
    They are usually made up with suffixes or endings, added either to the full name or to another diminutive:

    /-ка/ Танька, Петька (but it's childish and a bit rude)
    /-еньк, -оньк/ Оленька, Алешенька, Лизонька,
    /-ечк, -очк/ Васечка, Вовочка
    /-ха/ Леха (Алексей), Антоха (Антон), Ксюха (unceremoniously)

    Often used these endings (but I don't see a system here):
    /-ша, -жа/ Антоша, Ксюша, Олежа, Сережа, Маша, Паша (Павел)
    /-ня/ Сеня (Семен), Таня (Татьяна)

    When you see consonant+"я" it's always a diminutive form, IMHO.
    Коля, Саня, Оля, Таня, Вася, Петя, Федя, etc.

  2. #22
    Почётный участник
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    96
    Rep Power
    11
    Thank you gRomoZeka, that was very helpful.

    Quote Originally Posted by adoc
    Never, and I mean under no circumstances, say Лизуха to a woman.
    Why not?

  3. #23
    Завсегдатай
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Serving Polonium-flavoured Sake at a London Japanese Restaurant
    Posts
    2,662
    Rep Power
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by love.angel
    Thank you gRomoZeka, that was very helpful.

    Quote Originally Posted by adoc
    Never, and I mean under no circumstances, say Лизуха to a woman.
    Why not?
    Something to do with being a transvestite?
    Заранее благодарю всех за исправление ошибок в моём русском.

  4. #24
    Завсегдатай
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    1,786
    Rep Power
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by love.angel
    Thank you gRomoZeka, that was very helpful.

    Quote Originally Posted by adoc
    Never, and I mean under no circumstances, say Лизуха to a woman.
    Why not?
    because it's roughly

  5. #25
    Властелин wanja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Russia,Obninsk
    Posts
    1,467
    Rep Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri
    Quote Originally Posted by love.angel
    Thank you gRomoZeka, that was very helpful.

    Quote Originally Posted by adoc
    Never, and I mean under no circumstances, say Лизуха to a woman.
    Why not?
    because it's roughly
    It might be a name for a cow, not for a woman.
    Семь бед, один Reset

  6. #26
    Завсегдатай
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    1,786
    Rep Power
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by wanja
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri
    Quote Originally Posted by love.angel
    Thank you gRomoZeka, that was very helpful.

    Quote Originally Posted by adoc
    Never, and I mean under no circumstances, say Лизуха to a woman.
    Why not?
    because it's roughly
    It might be a name for a cow, not for a woman.

  7. #27
    Завсегдатай
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    3,216
    Rep Power
    14
    It might be a name for a cow, not for a woman.
    Ты не можешь сказать мне пример чего-то похожее в английском языке?

  8. #28
    Завсегдатай
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    1,786
    Rep Power
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by basurero
    It might be a name for a cow, not for a woman.
    Ты не можешь сказать мне пример чего-то похожего в английском языке?
    Всмысле? Имя для коровы на английском? :))

  9. #29
    Завсегдатай
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    3,216
    Rep Power
    14
    Хы хы, нет..... есть какое-то слово, которое похоже в значении на имя "Лизуха" в английском языке? Как звать женщину для того, чтобы она реагировала тем же самым образом?

    Спасибо за исправления! Я пытаюсь писать больше на русском языке!!!

  10. #30
    Завсегдатай
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    1,786
    Rep Power
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by basurero
    Хы хы, нет..... есть какое-то слово, которое похоже в значении на имя "Лизуха" в английском языке? Как звать женщину для того, чтобы она реагировала тем же самым образом?

    Спасибо за исправления! Я пытаюсь писать больше на русском языке!!!
    Это хорошо!


    Ну это вряд-ли.. в английском же нету уменьшительно-ласкательных и прочих форм от одного имени?

    Например - Николай => Коля, Колька, Колян, Коляныч, Коленька и т.д. ?

  11. #31
    Завсегдатай
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    3,216
    Rep Power
    14
    Ну, я не знаю, соответствует ли это русскому языку, но иногда возможно сокращать имена.

    Nicholas - Nick, Nicky
    Katherine - Kathy, Kate, Kat

    Само собой, что не столько же вариантов, как в русском языке...

  12. #32
    Завсегдатай
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    1,786
    Rep Power
    12
    Я не думаю, что так же в русском есть много форм имен - которые будут звучать грубо, как ЛИЗУХА. Мне пока ничего в голову больше не приходит.

    Катюха, Настюха, например - это нормально.. по-деревенски так..

  13. #33
    Властелин
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    french camp
    Posts
    1,234
    Rep Power
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by Barmaley
    Something to do with being a transvestite?
    Something like that. Imagine yourself in a room wth a bunch of guys and a person with a thick Russian accent telling everybody that cock is a rooster, being gay means being merry and tossed salad is a vegans' culinary achievement (no children present?). You get the picture. The word Лизуха reads as "female licker". I've never heard it before but surely I cant stop laughing.
    I've got a TV, and I'm not afraid to use it

  14. #34
    Завсегдатай
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Serving Polonium-flavoured Sake at a London Japanese Restaurant
    Posts
    2,662
    Rep Power
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by adoc
    Quote Originally Posted by Barmaley
    Something to do with being a transvestite?
    Something like that. Imagine yourself in a room wth a bunch of guys and a person with a thick Russian accent telling everybody that cock is a rooster, being gay means being merry and tossed salad is a vegans' culinary achievement (no children present?). You get the picture. The word Лизуха reads as "female licker". I've never heard it before but surely I cant stop laughing.
    Hehe. I'll be sure to add that to my "words to start a fight to the death" list...
    Заранее благодарю всех за исправление ошибок в моём русском.

  15. #35
    Увлечённый спикер
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Nederland
    Posts
    69
    Rep Power
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri
    Quote Originally Posted by love.angel
    And none so far for Oleg. Is that all?
    Olezha, Olezhen'ka, Olezhka - it's not enough?
    А Олежик или что-то в этом роде не бывает? Думаю, что это когда-то слышала...

  16. #36
    Завсегдатай
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    1,786
    Rep Power
    12
    [quote=синичка]
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri
    Quote Originally Posted by "love.angel":wh6v1q3p
    And none so far for Oleg. Is that all?
    Olezha, Olezhen'ka, Olezhka - it's not enough?
    А Олежик или что-то в этом роде не бывает? Думаю, что это когда-то слышала...[/quote:wh6v1q3p]

    да, Олежек тоже бывает.. - слышится как [Олежык]

  17. #37
    Завсегдатай
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Москва, Зеленоград.
    Posts
    2,040
    Rep Power
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri
    Вета - вообще такого не знаю
    А я знаю

  18. #38
    Завсегдатай
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Москва, Зеленоград.
    Posts
    2,040
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: Short forms

    Quote Originally Posted by love.angel
    What is a short-form for Lisa and Oleg/Alex?
    Alex is Alexander or Aleksey?


    Alexander (French: Alexandre) male name
    Александр
    Саня
    Санька
    Санечка
    Алексашка
    Сашка
    Саша
    Сашенька
    Сашечка
    Сашурик
    Шурик
    Шура
    Шурка


    Aleksey
    Алексей
    Лексей
    Лёша
    Лёшка
    Лёшенька
    Лёшечка



    Quote Originally Posted by love.angel
    I have been called Лисок (excuse my spelling), which I heard means something along the lines of "forest". ??
    A little forest - лесок.
    Лизок или Лисок can associated with a little foх.
    Лис, m - a fox
    Лиса, f - a fox

  19. #39
    Завсегдатай
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Russland
    Posts
    9,882
    Rep Power
    20

    Re: Short forms

    Quote Originally Posted by Wowik
    Alexander (French: Alexandre) male name
    Александр
    Саня
    Санька
    Санечка
    Алексашка
    Сашка
    Саша
    Сашенька
    Сашечка
    Сашурик
    Шурик
    Шура
    Шурка

    Санёк
    Сашок
    Алик



    Aleksey
    Алексей
    Лексей
    Лёша
    Лёшка
    Лёшенька
    Лёшечка

    Лёха
    Алёшенька
    Алёшечка

    По-моему, "Лексей", хотя такой вариант и есть, все-таки не говорят.
    In Russian, all nationalities and their corresponding languages start with a lower-case letter.

  20. #40
    Завсегдатай
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Москва, Зеленоград.
    Posts
    2,040
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: Short forms

    Quote Originally Posted by Оля
    Quote Originally Posted by Wowik
    Alexander (French: Alexandre) male name
    Александр
    Саня
    Санька
    Санечка
    Алексашка
    Сашка
    Саша
    Сашенька
    Сашечка
    Сашурик
    Шурик
    Шура
    Шурка

    Санёк
    Сашок
    Алик



    Санёчек
    Сашочек
    Сашулька



    Aleksey
    Алексей
    Лексей
    Лёша
    Лёшка
    Лёшенька
    Лёшечка

    Лёха
    Алёшенька
    Алёшечка



    Алексий


    По-моему, "Лексей", хотя такой вариант и есть, все-таки не говорят.
    "Лексей" - говорят, но звучит несколько просторечно или устаревше. По-деревенски.
    Даже "Ляксей" говорят.

    Ну и "Лёлик"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Respectful plural forms
    By Misha Tal in forum Grammar and Vocabulary
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: June 29th, 2010, 10:00 AM
  2. Accent on Imperative forms
    By radomir in forum Grammar and Vocabulary
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: April 9th, 2008, 08:10 AM
  3. Complex Verbal Forms
    By saibot in forum Grammar and Vocabulary
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: July 1st, 2005, 05:05 AM
  4. Diminutive Name Forms
    By Sascha in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: March 14th, 2005, 05:45 PM
  5. Irregular forms
    By Kathakali in forum Grammar and Vocabulary
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: February 22nd, 2005, 09:28 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Russian Lessons                           

Russian Tests and Quizzes            

Russian Vocabulary