Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 61 to 78 of 78

Thread: My name

  1. #61
    Завсегдатай
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Serving Polonium-flavoured Sake at a London Japanese Restaurant
    Posts
    2,662
    Rep Power
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by Basil77
    Quote Originally Posted by TATY
    Hi, I'm back. I was looking for Narnia on the map and found a country called Belarus. Well I never!
    *Cheking the map* (Edited. L.)! There is not a country with such a name. May be it's "Belorussia" ?
    I thought Belarus and Belorussia were cities in the Soviet Union? But I thought they were blown up when the Germans won World War II? Didn't some guy named Lucky Shenko or something become their mayor?

    (и да, я знаю что такое Беларусь и Лукашенко)
    Заранее благодарю всех за исправление ошибок в моём русском.

  2. #62
    Завсегдатай Ramil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Other Universe
    Posts
    8,501
    Rep Power
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by Бармалей
    (и да, я знаю что такое Беларусь и Лукашенко)
    It won't help. Somebody will surely post that you are wrong
    Send me a PM if you need me.

  3. #63
    Завсегдатай Basil77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Moscow reg.
    Posts
    2,549
    Rep Power
    17
    Of course he is wrong! This year is not too lucky for Lukashenko.
    Please, correct my mistakes, except for the cases I misspell something on purpose!

  4. #64
    Завсегдатай
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Seventh
    Posts
    4,113
    Rep Power
    16
    So let me get this straight: Lucky Shenko is the maor of a city called Belly Rus in the Soviet Union. So who is this Hugh Crane man then?
    Ingenting kan stoppa mig
    In Post-Soviet Russia internet porn downloads YOU!

  5. #65
    Завсегдатай Basil77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Moscow reg.
    Posts
    2,549
    Rep Power
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by TATY
    So let me get this straight: Lucky Shenko is the maor of a city called Belly Rus in the Soviet Union. So who is this Hugh Crane man then?
    His alter ego of course! U.S. Chenko (his full name is Unlucky Sucks Chenko).
    Please, correct my mistakes, except for the cases I misspell something on purpose!

  6. #66
    Завсегдатай
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Serving Polonium-flavoured Sake at a London Japanese Restaurant
    Posts
    2,662
    Rep Power
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by Basil77
    Quote Originally Posted by TATY
    So let me get this straight: Lucky Shenko is the maor of a city called Belly Rus in the Soviet Union. So who is this Hugh Crane man then?
    His alter ego of course! U.S. Chenko (his full name is Unlucky Sucks Chenko).
    Fortunately for him, Princess Leia is still involved in Hugh Crane's politics under the assumed name of Tina Shankho.
    Заранее благодарю всех за исправление ошибок в моём русском.

  7. #67
    Завсегдатай Basil77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Moscow reg.
    Posts
    2,549
    Rep Power
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by Бармалей
    Fortunately for him, Princess Leia is still involved in Hugh Crane's politics under the assumed name of Tina Shankho.
    +1
    Now I know why they are fighting so much in Rada. It's just Star Wars!
    Please, correct my mistakes, except for the cases I misspell something on purpose!

  8. #68
    Завсегдатай
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Seventh
    Posts
    4,113
    Rep Power
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Basil77
    Quote Originally Posted by Бармалей
    Fortunately for him, Princess Leia is still involved in Hugh Crane's politics under the assumed name of Tina Shankho.
    +1
    Now I know why they are fighting so much in Rada. It's just Star Wars!
    So Hugh Crane, and Tina Shankho are in RADA?
    Ingenting kan stoppa mig
    In Post-Soviet Russia internet porn downloads YOU!

  9. #69
    Завсегдатай Basil77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Moscow reg.
    Posts
    2,549
    Rep Power
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by TATY
    So Hugh Crane, and Tina Shankho are in RADA?
    No, Rada is the place, there they do this:

    Please, correct my mistakes, except for the cases I misspell something on purpose!

  10. #70
    Завсегдатай
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Seventh
    Posts
    4,113
    Rep Power
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Basil77
    Quote Originally Posted by TATY
    So Hugh Crane, and Tina Shankho are in RADA?
    No, Rada is the place, there they do this:

    Is that Hugh Crane and Tina Shankho?
    Ingenting kan stoppa mig
    In Post-Soviet Russia internet porn downloads YOU!

  11. #71
    Завсегдатай
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Serving Polonium-flavoured Sake at a London Japanese Restaurant
    Posts
    2,662
    Rep Power
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by TATY
    Quote Originally Posted by Basil77
    Quote Originally Posted by TATY
    So Hugh Crane, and Tina Shankho are in RADA?
    No, Rada is the place, there they do this:

    Is that Hugh Crane and Tina Shankho?
    Hugh Crane looks far too similar to Huge Crane when one is looking at that picture and text too quickly...
    Заранее благодарю всех за исправление ошибок в моём русском.

  12. #72
    Увлечённый спикер GreenLarry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    North East England
    Posts
    55
    Rep Power
    9
    My name is Lawrence,(tho i prefer Larry)how on earth does one say that in russian?
    Я плохо говорю по-русски.

  13. #73
    Завсегдатай
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Russland
    Posts
    9,882
    Rep Power
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenLarry
    My name is Lawrence,(tho i prefer Larry)how on earth does one say that in russian?
    Ло(у)ренс, Ларри.
    There's a Russian name Лаврентий (Lavrentiy) which corresponds with it. It's outdated though.
    In Russian, all nationalities and their corresponding languages start with a lower-case letter.

  14. #74
    Увлечённый спикер GreenLarry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    North East England
    Posts
    55
    Rep Power
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Оля
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenLarry
    My name is Lawrence,(tho i prefer Larry)how on earth does one say that in russian?
    Ло(у)ренс, Ларри.
    There's a Russian name Лаврентий (Lavrentiy) which corresponds with it. It's outdated though.
    Ah thank you Oly. Now i remember being called Lavrenty by a russian friend on msn a long time ago,memory is coming back! It is funny too that the name larry in russian looks a little like nappy! Which is a kind of diaper!
    Я плохо говорю по-русски.

  15. #75
    Завсегдатай
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Russland
    Posts
    9,882
    Rep Power
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenLarry
    Ah thank you Olya.
    You're welcome
    In Russian, all nationalities and their corresponding languages start with a lower-case letter.

  16. #76
    Увлечённый спикер GreenLarry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    North East England
    Posts
    55
    Rep Power
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Оля
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenLarry
    Ah thank you Olya.
    You're welcome
    Ah, I forgot the я is a ya sound!
    Я плохо говорю по-русски.

  17. #77
    Завсегдатай
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Seventh
    Posts
    4,113
    Rep Power
    16
    Someone told me Russia has invaded Georgia because Georgia bombed South Carolina, but I looked on a map and I couldn't see Russia next to Georgia. Is Russia in Tennesse?

    Ingenting kan stoppa mig
    In Post-Soviet Russia internet porn downloads YOU!

  18. #78
    Завсегдатай BappaBa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Нерезиновая
    Posts
    2,115
    Rep Power
    13
    Nebrussia already took Kansas, Missouri, so, yeah, here we are (in Tennesse). =)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Russian Lessons                           

Russian Tests and Quizzes            

Russian Vocabulary