Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: сколько стоит ?

Почтенный гражданин
    Quote Originally Posted by drew881
    I dont know about carrying the visa and passport at all times, i went with xerox copies instead which is less risky keeping my passport and visa in my room.
    This is a risk. You can, theoretically, be arrested for not having your actual papers on you.

Почтенный гражданин
    yeah but i would rather have that happen and present the documents later than be mugged by chance and lose my passport and visa.

Завсегдатай
    Oh My God. JB, when the hell did i EVER say that i wanted to sneak into russia and go as long as possibe without getting a visa ? i KNOW that i need one, so stop telling me that i do. and, i know that a car is not that important, judging by the comicle nature of my last post, i think it would have been pretty obvious to spot that i was just joking. anyways... so how do the cops know your a tourist? i dont plan on walking around with a huge camera. i will probly just walk around and blend in with the crowd as much as possible. i don't want alot of attention on myself. infact, i bet i;m so good, once i leave the customs or whatever, and i am on my own on the street, i bet a cop wont stop me once. anyways, thanks for the great info, and if you have anymore foto's keep posting them. they are very neat.
    Вот это да, я так люблю себя. И сегодня я люблю себя, ещё больше чем вчера, а завтра я буду любить себя to ещё больше чем сегодня. Тем что происходит,я вполне доволен!

JB
    Старший оракул
    Dogboy, your last post was supposed to be funny?

I have no doubt the Russians won't figure out you're American.
    Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.

Re: сколько стоит ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dogboy182
    i think i'm planning a trip to moscow. starting now, i have started doing research. i read alot of other posts on this forum, and i know to rent a flat its like 1000 rubles, thats not bad. its like 40 dollers.
    Renting a flat - 1000 R for a month?! Can't believe it. Real prices are much higher - starting from $100 monthly.

but, i know plain tickets are always fluxuating. but can somone estimate a general price for round trip? i also looked at russians 6 diffrent type of visas. they all suck. what if i want to stay there for more than a month? do i have to leave the country and get it re-newed and then coem back? or can i buy a new one in the country?
    Of cause, not: you can go to embassy and prolongate your visa...

what about driving. my frien alex said. you can just buy a car and drive it without anything because even if the cops pull u over u can just bribe them and keep going. how much does it cost to rent a car? and how much would i need to bribe a cop or, how could i get some sort of license? i can't be without wheels. any thing else i need to know ?
    If you don't plan to spend 80% of you visit in the moscow traffic jams, forget about car. Use public transport, especially metro. It's not only cheaper, but quicker.
    Кр. -- сестр. тал.

Почётный участник
    Oh My God. JB, when the hell did i EVER say that i wanted to sneak into russia and go as long as possibe without getting a visa ? i KNOW that i need one, so stop telling me that i do. and, i know that a car is not that important, judging by the comicle nature of my last post, i think it would have been pretty obvious to spot that i was just joking. anyways... so how do the cops know your a tourist? i dont plan on walking around with a huge camera. i will probly just walk around and blend in with the crowd as much as possible. i don't want alot of attention on myself. infact, i bet i;m so good, once i leave the customs or whatever, and i am on my own on the street, i bet a cop wont stop me once. anyways, thanks for the great info, and if you have anymore foto's keep posting them. they are very neat.
    arent you forgetting someone there Dogboy...
    Agnus Dei, quitol lis pecata mundi. Miserere nobis.

Завсегдатай
    i dunno brandon? u still goin? anddd, only 100 dollers a month? in america they cost at least 800 a month for a decent one. 100 is great !... how do russians afford those ? i heard that if u make 200 rubles a month then you are cool. how do they afford that ?
    Вот это да, я так люблю себя. И сегодня я люблю себя, ещё больше чем вчера, а завтра я буду любить себя to ещё больше чем сегодня. Тем что происходит,я вполне доволен!

Почтенный гражданин
    i dunno brandon? u still goin? anddd, only 100 dollers a month? in america they cost at least 800 a month for a decent one. 100 is great !... how do russians afford those ? i heard that if u make 200 rubles a month then you are cool. how do they afford that ?
    200 rubles is less than 7 bucks dude. Ive heard the avg Russian makes 100 dollars a month.

z80
    Почтенный гражданин
    Although the average income of Russia’s huge 150m population is only around $120 per month, official figures are deceptively low and many Russians have other undeclared sources of income.

quote from http://www.tradepartners.gov.uk/food/ru ... view.shtml
    I hate Signatures

Почтенный гражданин
    true....i remember seeing some recent stats, something like 30 percent of the total economy isnt legitimate.

Властелин
    And you have to remember also that stats covering the whole of Russia aren't really relevant when you're only talking about Moscow. It's like comparing London with the far north of Scotland, only more so.

Новичок
    Apparently Moscow is one of the most expensive cities in the world to live, comparable to New York or London. Here is an extremely useful link to find out more about travel to Russia.

Way To Russia

You might also want to pick up the latest "Lonely Planet" travel guides for the areas you plan to visit.

Почётный участник
    uhhh....why wouldnt i be going?

how do russians afford those ? i heard that if u make 200 rubles a month then you are cool. how do they afford that ?
    I bet you heard it loooong time ago :P
    For these day, the (very relative) cooliness starts from 10000 R monthly.

About "how do they afford that" - well most russian don't need to rent a flat, because have own. Also note: we are discussing *Moscow* prices, which a way different from the most of the country.
    Кр. -- сестр. тал.

Почётный участник

Re: сколько стоит ?

i think i'm planning a trip to moscow. starting now, i have started doing research. i read alot of other posts on this forum, and i know to rent a flat its like 1000 rubles, thats not bad. its like 40 dollers. but, i know plain tickets are always fluxuating. but can somone estimate a general price for round trip? i also looked at russians 6 diffrent type of visas. they all suck. what if i want to stay there for more than a month? do i have to leave the country and get it re-newed and then coem back? or can i buy a new one in the country? what about driving. my frien alex said. you can just buy a car and drive it without anything because even if the cops pull u over u can just bribe them and keep going. how much does it cost to rent a car? and how much would i need to bribe a cop or, how could i get some sort of license? i can't be without wheels. any thing else i need to know ? i think i forgot a bunch... just general expenses of things like hotel, or apartments, and plane tickets, subway and bus fairs. ok thanks. from a future muskovite
    you could probably rent a bed in a dirty roach swarming dormitory 30 min bus ride from the nearest metro station for 1000 roubles, apartment rents in Moscow start at $350 per month for a one room shaby aptmnt, the more real prices now are $400-$500, they've gone up since last year quite a bit, plus it's very dificult to contact a landlord/lady directly most of the apartment rent deals are done thru real estate agents which means that if an ad says $350 per month you'll end up having to cough up at least $1050 up front as a downpayment, the usual practice is you pay for two months in advance plus a month's rent to the real estate agent.
    cops will rip you off of everything, they belive all foreigners to be inexhaustible sources of cash, if you really get some wheels in Russia try to do it the legal way and should you get stopped by traffic police, insist that all things be done the legal way, you may spend a coule of days going thru red tape and end up paying a modest fine or or you may get cheated out of $1000 or more, but also you could play dummy and get the cop to conclude that messing around with you is not worth the trouble, anyways the best bet would be to get a car with diplomatic plates and a flashlight, then you could just ignore the cops

Завсегдатай
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio
    how do russians afford those ? i heard that if u make 200 rubles a month then you are cool. how do they afford that ?
    I bet you heard it loooong time ago :P
    For these day, the (very relative) cooliness starts from 10000 R monthly.
    Well november was quite awhile ago, but she didn't say dollers or rubles, she just said 200. so since she lived in russia i assumed it was rubles. anyways so for a 2 months stay, how much money should you expect to bring ?

Почётный участник
    Matt... are you staying two months?

Подающий надежды оратор
    she just said 200. so since she lived in russia i assumed it was rubles.
    No, it's definitely bucks because bucks are the Russian second currency.

Анекдот:
    Русский приезжает из Америки и говорит приятелю:
    - Слушай, у них, в этой Америке, доллары совсем как наши баксы!

Завсегдатай
    i want to stay in moscow for about a month, and then go up to petersburg, and maybe vyborg for 2 weeks, so probly a month and a half. man i better start saving !

mike
    This trip sounds like it is going to cost a few thousand dollars.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast