Thread: Geting taxi from dromodedovo airport

Почтенный гражданин

Geting taxi from dromodedovo airport

Has anyone ever flown into dromodedovo airport? Every time ive been to moscow Ive gone by train. I know this isnt the main airport most international flights come in on, but im about to buy a flight on swiss air that flies in here since its the best price that i can find at the moment. What do taxi rates usually run to the closest metro stop, or better yet, is there a bus that does this? Any help would be great.

On another note, whats the best one way ticket anyone has ever found to moscow for june? Ill be spending a year in Russia so Im not sure if i can buy a round trip flight that far in advance.

JJ
    Властелин
    I guess taxi to the nearest metro station can cost about $100 but I am not sure I always used train when I flew to Domodedovo.
    Gib immer 100% bei der Arbeit: 12% am Montag, 23% am Dienstag, 40% am Mittwoch, 20% am Donnerstag, 5% am Freitag ...

Почтенный гражданин
    so there is an electrichki running from the airport? Im basically looking for the cheapest option

JJ
    Властелин
    Sure. They run about every half of hour or so.
    Gib immer 100% bei der Arbeit: 12% am Montag, 23% am Dienstag, 40% am Mittwoch, 20% am Donnerstag, 5% am Freitag ...

Почтенный гражданин
    great, thanks

Старший оракул
    Yeah, definitely go for that train. I came into Domodyedovo last time, and I had a driver, but it took us nearly 2 hours to get into the centre of town! *?!**!! propka
    Море удачи и дачу у моря

Почтенный гражданин
    Yeah i plan on taking the train, getting to a metro, then going to a hotel, then i gotta run some errands picking up a train ticket. Does anyone know what the procedures are on registering when I first get in the country?

Im going to Ulan Ude eventually to work, is registration done there, or in Moscow first? I wont be in moscow for longer than 3 days if that helps

JJ
    Властелин
    If you're going to stay in a hotel you shouldn't worry about a registering procedure.

Почтенный гражданин
    This wont be on a tourist visa though. It will be a business 1 year visa.

JJ
    Властелин
    25 июля 2002 года N 115-ФЗ
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    РОССИЙСКАЯ ФЕДЕРАЦИЯ
    ФЕДЕРАЛЬНЫЙ ЗАКОН

О ПРАВОВОМ ПОЛОЖЕНИИ ИНОСТРАННЫХ ГРАЖДАН
    В РОССИЙСКОЙ ФЕДЕРАЦИИ

Принят
    Государственной Думой
    21 июня 2002 года

Одобрен
    Советом Федерации
    10 июля 2002 года

Глава III. РЕГИСТРАЦИЯ ИНОСТРАННЫХ ГРАЖДАН
    В РОССИЙСКОЙ ФЕДЕРАЦИИ

Статья 20. Регистрация иностранных граждан

1. Иностранный гражданин, въехавший в Российскую Федерацию, обязан зарегистрироваться в течение трех рабочих дней со дня прибытия в Российскую Федерацию в порядке, предусмотренном настоящим Федеральным законом и другими федеральными законами.
    2. Регистрация детей, не достигших возраста восемнадцати лет и въехавших в Российскую Федерацию вместе с родителями или с одним из них, производится одновременно с регистрацией родителей (родителя).

Статья 21. Порядок регистрации иностранных граждан

1. Территориальный орган федерального органа исполнительной власти, ведающего вопросами внутренних дел, производит регистрацию иностранных граждан, въехавших в Российскую Федерацию, за исключением иностранных граждан, указанных в статьях 22 и 25 настоящего Федерального закона, на основании документов, предусмотренных статьей 23 настоящего Федерального закона.
    2. Регистрация иностранного гражданина, въехавшего в Российскую Федерацию, производится по письменному заявлению этого гражданина, поданному лично или через приглашающую организацию в территориальный орган федерального органа исполнительной власти, ведающего вопросами внутренних дел.
    3. Регистрация иностранного гражданина, въехавшего в Российскую Федерацию, производится по месту его пребывания в Российской Федерации.
    В случае перемены места пребывания в Российской Федерации иностранный гражданин обязан зарегистрироваться в течение трех рабочих дней со дня прибытия на новое место пребывания.
    4. Временно проживающие и постоянно проживающие в Российской Федерации иностранные граждане обязаны ежегодно проходить перерегистрацию в территориальном органе федерального органа исполнительной власти, ведающего вопросами внутренних дел, по месту своего жительства.
    6. Регистрация иностранного гражданина, утратившего в период временного пребывания в Российской Федерации документы, на основании которых он въехал в Российскую Федерацию, не производится. В этом случае иностранный гражданин обязан выехать из Российской Федерации не позднее чем через десять суток со дня получения им временного документа, выданного по его письменному заявлению об утрате документов.

Старший оракул
    Hi again drew,
    I don't have much further to contribute, but I'll say this. I came to Russia on a Saturday, arriving in Moscow. I took a train on the Monday to Izhevsk, and did my first registration on the Tuesday (or maybe it was as late as Wednesday) there in Izhevsk.
    Ulan Ude is a heck of a long way .. are you taking the plane?
    If so, maybe you can play the same trick as me?
    Like JJ says, it's working days that count.

By the way, please do tell us what you're going to be doing in Ulan Ude, if that's not too nosy?

About business visas and hotels, I don't know, but I vaguely remember reading in Lonely Planet that sometimes hotels get sniffy about registering them? I don't know, seems strange.
    Море удачи и дачу у моря

JJ
    Властелин
    Waxwing, so you are going to Izhevsk to say hello to Mikhail Timofeevich Kalashnikov?

Почтенный гражданин
    Im afraid ill be taking the train to Ulan Ude. 95 hrs in the obshi class. Should be fun. I havent booked it yet but should do it in the next week. I dont think its a possibility then to avoid the registration. I think ill get a hotel for one night in moscow just to give me some time between the plane and the train.

JJ i read the article you posted, but i dont think it mentions if the first place i register with needs to register me for the whole time im staying. Basically, if i just get registration from the hotel for a couple days, that should be sufficient for me having papers for my train ride, until i get to ulan ude when i can be resgistered by my work. Correct?

Waxwing, ill be working with a non profit organization based in the us that works in buryatia. They have youth activity centers and run exchange programs. Ill be working in their office in ulan ude and traveling around to their village centers to see how they are doing, write reports, etc..

JJ
    Властелин
    Quote Originally Posted by drew881
    JJ i read the article you posted, but i dont think it mentions if the first place i register with needs to register me for the whole time im staying.
    If you are staying less than 3 working days you are not breaking the law. So, if you are going to stay in a hotel:

Статья 24. Регистрация иностранных граждан в гостинице

Администрация гостиницы или иной организации, оказывающей гостиничные услуги, обязана в день прибытия иностранного гражданина направлять в территориальный орган федерального органа исполнительной власти, ведающего вопросами внутренних дел, информацию о дате приезда и сроке пребывания иностранного гражданина в данной организации, а в день его убытия - о дате выезда для передачи указанной информации в центральный банк данных, созданный в соответствии со статьей 26 настоящего Федерального закона.
    The Matrix has you....
    If you are not going to stay in a hotel and if the cops will stop you in Moscow to check your papers you can say them on the 1st day "I've just arrived in Moscow", on the 2nd day - "I'm going to a registering procedure" and on the 3rd day "I'm leaving Moscow today". That's all, then it could be troubles (don't worry nobody will send you to Siberia or shoot you up, although I'm not sure about the last one ).
    Basically, if i just get registration from the hotel for a couple days, that should be sufficient for me having papers for my train ride, until i get to ulan ude when i can be resgistered by my work. Correct?
    I could not find any notice about "special" papers for a train ride in the Federal Law. Do you want I'll send you the whole text of it to your e-mail? Maybe I've missed something, don't worry, a text of the Law is not very large.

Старший оракул
    Quote Originally Posted by JJ
    Waxwing, so you are going to Izhevsk to say hello to Mikhail Timofeevich Kalashnikov?
    I'm afraid I've already been and gone, and I missed him
    But you can be sure he was constantly in my thoughts
    Море удачи и дачу у моря