View Poll Results: Is there too much censorship on the MR forums?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, there is too much.

15 37.50%
  • The current level is fine.

21 52.50%
  • There is not enough censorship

4 10.00%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Too much censorship on the forums?

Quote Originally Posted by Lampada View Post
    I've been saving everything I deleted. It's all just childish attempts of personal insults and name calling. Так что не надо ля-ля: it has nothing to do with politics.
    Whatever. Let's see it then? I was criticizing Sweden for giving up their sovereignty and nations for aligning with the USA or being soft when it came to foreign policy regarding American actions. What childish comments do I say - calling someone brainwashed? It's only done in politics every day. You have a bias against me, period. I'll refrain from posting in the political section since perspectives you don't like are construed as 'childish insults.' K,bye.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomer View Post
    First of all why this thread isn't in politics then?
    Second, yes, no one is forcing, but I can tell the same to you: don't participate in such threads and you won't get insulted, really simple. But it's not a solution I think. Reducing number of controversial threads could help.
    Doomer, it doesn't matter what the topic is. Some people are here for the sole purpose of insulting others. If all someone wants to do is troll other members of the forum to dish out insults, it isn't going to matter whether we talk about gay rights, or the cold war, or abused children, or how to conjugate the verb раздражать - insults will flow, and moderation will be needed.

14Russian Whatever. Let's see it then? I was criticizing Sweden for giving up their sovereignty and nations for aligning with the USA or being soft when it came to foreign policy regarding American actions. What childish comments do I say - calling someone brainwashed? It's only done in politics every day. You have a bias against me, period. I'll refrain from posting in the political section since perspectives you don't like are construed as 'childish insults.' K,bye.
    I've seen some of your childish insults. Calling everyone who doesn't agree with you "morons" and so on. It is childish. Don't claim your political opinion was censored, because that is not the case.

The only ones complaining about Lampada are the ones who have attacked others. So don't play coy, and don't play innocent, and don't try to pin the blame on the moderator, who works her butt off deleting spammers every day among other many thankless things! If everyone could act like adults, stop insulting, attacking, stalking and trolling like a bunch of junior high school bullies, she would not have to censor anyone.

Now then. Back to the topic please. Otherwise, Lampada, feel free to remove the last several posts and put them in another thread where people can whine, and complain, and talk about their butthurt (and that is a thread I have no interest in participating in).
    Вот потому, что вы говорите то, что не думаете, и думаете то, что не думаете, вот в клетках и сидите. И вообще, весь этот горький катаклизм, который я здесь наблюдаю, и Владимир Николаевич тоже…

Second, yes, no one is forcing, but I can tell the same to you: don't participate in such threads and you won't get insulted, really simple. But it's not a solution I think. Reducing number of controversial threads could help.
    Да, ты прав: эта тема вполне политическая. Я иногда не сразу переношу темы из раздела в раздел, просто из уважения к начинателю топика.

Оправданий для демонстративно неуважительного отношения к софумчанину или к софорумчанке не может быть, потому что не может здесь быть никогда. Так установил создатель этого форума.
    "...Важно, чтобы форум оставался местом, объединяющим людей, для которых интересны русский язык и культура. ..." - MasterАdmin (из переписки)

I was trying to create a thread about abused Russian children in the US and I got banned for a week by our fellow moderator for that and my thread was deleted. But after thinking about it I would agree: let's delete such threads. But let's not create double standards and provoke favoritism: all such threads must be deleted. And people would not insult each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deborski View Post
    I think Lampada does a great job. If she did not moderate, these discussions would quickly turn into a litany of name calling and childish nonsense.
    Moderating personal insults is a great job. But at the same time moderating opposite opinions is a crime to the forum users and the forum creators. This type of moderation already caused exodus of great bunch of Russian forum users. Let's just see at the threads list: few years ago we discussed musics, books, movies, cultural habits and events in different countries. How many of such threads are active these days? As for politics, there were a lot of CONSTRUCTIVE politic discussions either until the politic moderation became heavy and one sided. The case with deleting thread which addressed the problems of adopted kids in US was not a single issue. At the same time the thread about child adoption in US was closed for other users posting while the moderator kept posting in this thread the photos of happy children to assure the entire world that there were no any slightest problems in US. Having such moderation it is not surprised that Russians became "too sensitive" to discuss "some complex" issues in Russia. It is hard to be "cold blooded" if in reality you can't discuss it at all but the only thing you can do is to follow the moderator's opinion in silence.

And for personal insults moderation, we remember how оля exited the forum.
    Юрка and Doomer like this.
    So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

Banned
    Да, ты прав: эта тема вполне политическая. Я иногда не сразу переношу темы из раздела в раздел, просто из уважения к начинателю топика.
    Well, thank you for confirming my point
    On one side my thread gets almost immediately deleted w/o any explanation (I still have no idea why it got deleted) and I get banned. No respect whatsoever.
    On the other side thread which is not even in correct forum gets cherished and the topicstarter is "respected"

That is seriously biased moderation I think. No offense but biased moderator is much bigger problem for the forum than childish riposte or even strong words. If you cannot be unbiased in your moderation I think you should resign you moderation privileges.

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeCup View Post
    Moderating personal insults is a great job. But at the same time moderating opposite opinions is a crime to the forum users and the forum creators. This type of moderation already caused exodus of great bunch of Russian forum users. Let's just see at the threads list: few years ago we discussed musics, books, movies, cultural habits and events in different countries. How many of such threads are active these days? As for politics, there were a lot of CONSTRUCTIVE politic discussions either until the politic moderation became heavy and one sided. The case with deleting thread which addressed the problems of adopted kids in US was not a single issue. At the same time the thread about child adoption in US was closed for other users posting while the moderator kept posting in this thread the photos of happy children to assure the entire world that there were no any slightest problems in US. Having such moderation it is not surprised that Russians became "too sensitive" to discuss "some complex" issues in Russia. It is hard to be "cold blooded" if in reality you can't discuss it at all but the only thing you can do is to follow the moderator's opinion in silence.

And for personal insults moderation, we remember how оля exited the forum.
    You have been building a case against me, haven't you?
    It is upsetting... somewhat.
    Формально - нормально, но в сущности не совсем справедливо, и некрасиво бить по больному месту (Оля).
    Я стараюсь делать, что лучше для форума и форумчан. Очевидно иногда что-то непреднамеренно перекашивается. Критику в свой адрес я никогда не удаляю, - и вообще всегда считала и считаю, что этот форум самомодерируемый.
    Алекс, кстати, без разговоров удалял все перебранки, не допускал негативные переходы на личность.
    "...Важно, чтобы форум оставался местом, объединяющим людей, для которых интересны русский язык и культура. ..." - MasterАdmin (из переписки)

Well, thank you for confirming my point
    On one side my thread gets almost immediately deleted w/o any explanation (I still have no idea why it got deleted) and I get banned. No respect whatsoever.
    On the other side thread which is not even in correct forum gets cherished and the topicstarter is "respected"

That is seriously biased moderation I think. No offense but biased moderator is much bigger problem for the forum than childish riposte or even strong words. If you cannot be unbiased in your moderation I think you should resign you moderation privileges.
    Кого предложишь в замену?

Banned
    it-ogo или Боб Уайтман

it-ogo или Боб Уайтман
    Я не возражаю иметь комодератора.

Banned
    ну вот и славно, осталось проголосовать кого люди действительно хотя видеть в модераторах
    я думаю у людей есть и другие кандидатуры

ну вот и славно, осталось проголосовать кого люди действительно хотя видеть в модераторах
    я думаю у людей есть и другие кандидатуры
    Голосования не будет. Все решения принимает МастерАдмин.

Banned
    почему бы не сделать голосование, MasterAdmin может его воплотить в жизнь
    я думаю демократия лучше диктатуры

...я думаю демократия лучше диктатуры
    Отличная мысль!
    Ладно, расскажи, как ты себе представляешь хорошего модератора и главное, зачем, в твоём понимании, он здесь нужен?

ЗЫ. Почему ты точки не ставишь и начинаешь предложения с маленькой буквы?
    ЗЫЫ. Можно мне кое-какие твои мысли взять в подпись?

Не можешь составить список таких, по твоему мнению, тем? Мы проголосуем и я их могу вытереть.

it-ogo или Боб Уайтман
    Я уже один раз отказался, мотивируя своей безответственностью, ленью и склонностью к конфликтам под настроение.
    "Россия для русских" - это неправильно. Остальные-то чем лучше?

Quote Originally Posted by it-ogo View Post
    Я уже один раз отказался, мотивируя своей безответственностью, ленью и склонностью к конфликтам под настроение.
    Предложение, кстати, было и остаётся в силе.

Предложение, кстати, было и остаётся в силе.
    Ага, а потом у меня над головой будет написано Moderator, и любой, на кого я гавкну, будет кричать, что его притесняют власти.
    Deborski likes this.
    "Россия для русских" - это неправильно. Остальные-то чем лучше?

Quote Originally Posted by it-ogo View Post
    Ага, а потом у меня над головой будет написано Moderator, и любой, на кого я гавкну, будет кричать, что его притесняют власти.
    Если гавканье не сопровождается удалением смысла из поста на котороый гавкается, то форум озарится всеобщим радостным гавканьем.
    So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

Banned
    Отличная мысль!
    Ладно, расскажи, как ты себе представляешь хорошего модератора и главное, зачем, в твоём понимании, он здесь нужен?
    Очень просто
    Для поддержания ПРАВИЛ форума. Любое удаление поста или темы должно быть объяснено и человек отправлен к пункту правил, иначе непонятно за что выдали люлей. Вам неоднократно говорили, что люди не понимают за что их наказали, а вы ничего не сделали чтобы это исправить. Может быть вы не понимаете зачем нужен модератор?
    ЗЫ. Почему ты точки не ставишь и начинаешь предложения с маленькой буквы?
    Сказывается долгое общение в чатах.
    ЗЫЫ. Можно мне кое-какие твои мысли взять в подпись?
    Только если не будет искажен смысл.

Banned
    Не можешь составить список таких, по твоему мнению, тем? Мы проголосуем и я их могу вытереть.
    Не могу, потому что я не представляю общественное мнение.
    Я вам расскажу как это делается.
    Сначала создается тема, в которой каждый желающий может написать ОДИН пост, в котором он напишет что ему не нравится (правила должны быть описаны в первом посте темы). Тема должна быть доступна и видна (sticky).
    Через неделю тема закрывается и создается другая ветка, с голосованием по предложенным мерам, скажем еще на неделю.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast