Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reputation Power

Завсегдатай
    Я сейчас апрувнул один пост Рамиля. Пусть посмотрит, изменилось ли что-нибудь у него в Control Panel. И мне кто-нибудь апрувните для пробы!

Quote Originally Posted by translationsnmru View Post
    Я сейчас апрувнул один пост Рамиля. Пусть посмотрит, изменилось ли что-нибудь у него в Control Panel. И мне кто-нибудь апрувните для пробы!
    OK

Завсегдатай
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterAdmin View Post
    OK
    Да, вижу

Да, всё в порядке.
    Send me a PM if you need me.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to **** again.
    What's up with that MasterAdmin? We can't give props to someone more than once without giving props to others in between or what? That's not fair. How many other props do I need to give out before I can "thank" this person again?
    I only speak two languages, English and bad English.
    Check out the MasterRussian Music Playlist
    Click here for list of Russian films with English subtitles and links to watch them.

Quote Originally Posted by rockzmom View Post
    What's up with that MasterAdmin? We can't give props to someone more than once without giving props to others in between or what? That's not fair. How many other props do I need to give out before I can "thank" this person again?
    You should be able to go for thank-you streak now

After some thinking I came to a verdict. According to my experience the "Reputation Power" mechanism can have some practical use only at much more populated forums than MasterRussian (with a good statistics). What can be useful at masterrussian is a mechanism of approving posts rather than users. It is like two intuitive pictures like "thumb up" and "thumb down" with "I like this post" and "I dislike this post" balloon hints plus intelligible "This post is approved X times and disapproved Y times" line which can be understood even by a newbie or occasional reader.

Reputation power of the user can go as a sum of all his posts RP as a bonus .

The problem is that good comments often goes along with some muddled and plainly wrong replies. Sometimes I have nothing to add to replies but I want to agree to one post and disagree to another and not to make flood of comments.
    "Россия для русских" - это неправильно. Остальные-то чем лучше?

Quote Originally Posted by it-ogo View Post
    What can be useful at masterrussian is a mechanism of approving posts rather than users. It is like two intuitive pictures like "thumb up" and "thumb down" with "I like this post" and "I dislike this post" balloon hints plus intelligible "This post is approved X times and disapproved Y times" line which can be understood even by a newbie or occasional reader.
    Thumb up.

Почтенный гражданин Demonic_Duck's Avatar
    This feature doesn't seem to be working for me, I've rep'd up a couple of posts by different people and I see no change to their reputation power.
    Демоническая Утка
    Носитель английского языка, учу русский язык.
    Пожалуйста, исправьте мои сообщения!

You did add reputation to my message about the map not being the territory, I can see that in my settings, but the reputation value as such still is still in the "little to no" range. And the reputation power is not an indication of reputation but of the reputation one gives, based on how much presence a person shows on the forum by posting - if I understood it correctly; I haven't looked too deeply into it as we've agreed on our German language forum not to use that feature at all, and I actually only know forums with rating and reputation functionality which never gets used at all in any useful fashion.
    Спасибо за исправления!

Вам нравится этот форум, и вы изучаете немецкий язык? Вот похожий форум о немецком языке.

These green rectangles are added per every 100 rep points (at least this is what I've seen on other forums). If it's only 2-3 points nothing will change. Rep power tells you how much rep points will be added to someone you added rep to, it's not your reputation.
    Send me a PM if you need me.

Почтенный гражданин Demonic_Duck's Avatar
    Ah! I understand now. Wouldn't it make more sense to show the actual reputation of a poster in the mini-profile, and the rep power only displayed in the full profile?

EDIT: oh wait, is reputation displayed by the little green bars in the mini-profile after the poster rank? If so, how does one check one's actual reputation value? I can't see anywhere in either my profile or my settings...
    Демоническая Утка
    Носитель английского языка, учу русский язык.
    Пожалуйста, исправьте мои сообщения!

Hover the cursor over the green bars to read the message. For example, Ramil has one green bar and it reads "Ramil is on a distinguished road".

This forum has less reward for the number of posts because it's existed for several years but reputation system has just started recently. Some users have too many posts at once.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12