Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21

Thread: "new" people/ Newbie area

  1. #1
    Почтенный гражданин capecoddah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Cape Cod, MA пляж
    Posts
    648
    Rep Power
    9

    "new" people/ Newbie area

    Just a place where people can ask stupid questions and not bother the elite. I asked some syupid queations in the general area, a decent crew here was tolerant of me. Some FAQ and general ideas might be nice.
    I'm easily amused late at night...

  2. #2
    Завсегдатай
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Serving Polonium-flavoured Sake at a London Japanese Restaurant
    Posts
    2,662
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: "new" people/ Newbie area

    Quote Originally Posted by capecoddah
    Just a place where people can ask stupid questions and not bother the elite. I asked some syupid queations in the general area, a decent crew here was tolerant of me. Some FAQ and general ideas might be nice.
    I think the problem, though, is not the lack of these threads. The problem is the NoObErS are either too lazy or too ignorant to seek the answers out on their own. Keep in mind, this is coming from the guy who recently offered to write a FAQ on Russian names, which I'm debating whether to actually do it or not. I just don't know if it's worth the time and effort, sadly...Besides, only TATY is anal anymore and even then, fairly sparingly; it used to be worse...

    And, oh, the tolerance is just an act before the real hazing begins. We want to set the hook and then YANK!
    Заранее благодарю всех за исправление ошибок в моём русском.

  3. #3
    Завсегдатай
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    3,216
    Rep Power
    13
    Во всяком случае, новичкам лень было бы оставлять посты в правильном подфоруме.

  4. #4
    Завсегдатай
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Seventh
    Posts
    4,113
    Rep Power
    15

    Re: "new" people/ Newbie area

    Quote Originally Posted by Barmaley
    Quote Originally Posted by capecoddah
    Besides, only TATY is anal anymore and even then, fairly sparingly;
    Quite often actually.

    Noobs deserve it though. In the wikipedia age they should do a bit of prior research. It just gets annoying when you get a stream of people coming in, asking what does "Ya liubliu tebya" mean, then never coming back again.
    Ingenting kan stoppa mig
    In Post-Soviet Russia internet porn downloads YOU!

  5. #5
    Завсегдатай
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    1,786
    Rep Power
    10
    Вы думаете, что ньюбы знают о том, что они ньюбы?

  6. #6
    Завсегдатай
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Serving Polonium-flavoured Sake at a London Japanese Restaurant
    Posts
    2,662
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: "new" people/ Newbie area

    Quote Originally Posted by TATY
    Quote Originally Posted by Barmaley
    Quote Originally Posted by capecoddah
    Besides, only TATY is anal anymore and even then, fairly sparingly;
    Quite often actually.

    Noobs deserve it though. In the wikipedia age they should do a bit of prior research. It just gets annoying when you get a stream of people coming in, asking what does "Ya liubliu tebya" mean, then never coming back again.
    I'm just yanking your chain TATY!
    I feel your pain...

    "Uhm, like what is the capital of Russia, dood? Also, I have homework due in a few hours, and I'm too lazy to do it; will someone do it for me? Oh, and I think Russian babes are HOTTT. I saw on in this movie one time, and she was like WOOOWWWW. Can you help me correspond with some random person in "Kiev?" "
    Заранее благодарю всех за исправление ошибок в моём русском.

  7. #7
    Почтенный гражданин
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    St. Louis, USA
    Posts
    353
    Rep Power
    10
    Why do a wikipedia when you've got a bunch of russian nerds sitting on a forum all day :P

    tdk

  8. #8
    Почтенный гражданин
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    St. Louis, USA
    Posts
    353
    Rep Power
    10
    One more thing, isn't the "Just getting started" area basically a 'noob' area, as you say?

    tdk

  9. #9
    Завсегдатай
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Serving Polonium-flavoured Sake at a London Japanese Restaurant
    Posts
    2,662
    Rep Power
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by tdk2fe
    One more thing, isn't the "Just getting started" area basically a 'noob' area, as you say?

    tdk
    Only with the language, though. What if they don't want to start learning, but just want to talk with the lovely Ksenia/Sergei in Kazan so they can get some Russian lovin'? Or if they want to ask how to translate their name, Ivan, into Russian?
    Заранее благодарю всех за исправление ошибок в моём русском.

  10. #10
    Завсегдатай
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Seventh
    Posts
    4,113
    Rep Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Barmaley
    Quote Originally Posted by tdk2fe
    One more thing, isn't the "Just getting started" area basically a 'noob' area, as you say?

    tdk
    Only with the language, though. What if they don't want to start learning, but just want to talk with the lovely Ksenia/Sergei in Kazan so they can get some Russian lovin'? Or if they want to ask how to translate their name, Ivan, into Russian?
    Or

    My name is John Smith, is it a Russian name?
    Ingenting kan stoppa mig
    In Post-Soviet Russia internet porn downloads YOU!

  11. #11
    Завсегдатай
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Serving Polonium-flavoured Sake at a London Japanese Restaurant
    Posts
    2,662
    Rep Power
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by TATY
    My name is John Smith, is it a Russian name?
    We should do a thread for this very question and just definitively establish once and for all, that John Smith is, in fact, a Ukrainian name.
    Заранее благодарю всех за исправление ошибок в моём русском.

  12. #12
    Завсегдатай
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    3,216
    Rep Power
    13
    Джон Смит действительно американское имя? Я никогда бы не подумал....

  13. #13
    Властелин
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    1,115
    Rep Power
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by basurero
    Джон Смит действительно американское имя? Я никогда бы не подумал....
    American names are things like "Destiny" and "Sierra" and "Jamal". John Smith is a British name. All educated Americans choose classical names for their kids, as noone really wants to be named "Audio Science Clayton" or "Pilot Inspektor Lee."
    Corrupting young minds since May 6, 2004.

  14. #14
    Завсегдатай
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    3,216
    Rep Power
    13
    Да конечно. Я знаю.... Между прочим, скажите мне, есть ли люди в России, которые называют своих детей странными именами, а не обычными? В Америке много родителей пытаются придумывать необыкновенное имя для того, чтобы ребенок отличится от других или что-то такого... Может быть так же в России, но в меньшем масштабе?... скорее всего не так, но я не знаю....

    Хмм, я должен был оставить это сообщение на подфорум русских имен...

  15. #15
    Завсегдатай
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    1,786
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by basurero
    Да конечно. Я знаю.... Между прочим, скажите мне, есть ли люди в России, которые называют своих детей странными именами, а не обычными? В Америке много родителей пытаются придумывать необыкновенное имя для того, чтобы ребенок отличался от других или что-то такое... Может быть так же в России, но в меньшем масштабе?... скорее всего не так, но я не знаю....

    Хмм, я должен был оставить это сообщение на подфорум русских имен...
    Да везде такие люди есть :)) Но в России я думаю меньше этого, чем в США

  16. #16
    Завсегдатай
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    3,216
    Rep Power
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri
    Quote Originally Posted by basurero
    Да конечно. Я знаю.... Между прочим, скажите мне, есть ли люди в России, которые называют своих детей странными именами, а не обычными? В Америке много родителей пытаются придумывать необыкновенное имя для того, чтобы ребенок отличался от других или что-то такое... Может быть так же в России, но в меньшем масштабе?... скорее всего не так, но я не знаю....

    Хмм, я должен был оставить это сообщение на подфорум русских имен...
    Да везде такие люди есть ) Но в России я думаю меньше этого, чем в США
    Лол, и как называют своих детей? Например, громкая американская актриса назвала ребенка "Аpple".... так и происходит когда-нибудь в России?

  17. #17
    Почётный участник
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Люберцы
    Posts
    133
    Rep Power
    9
    Травиата Компартовна Умойрыло-Пиздер http://www.imena.org/kur_fi.html

  18. #18
    Завсегдатай
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    My Time & Space
    Posts
    6,559
    Rep Power
    16
    Как-то в прошлом году смотрел передачу "Час суда". И там всплыло одно интересное и возмутительное дело насчёт имён... Расшифровка "имени" там тоже есть:
    http://www.garant.ru/forum/read.php?f=1 ... =27087&v=t

    Кстати, отец сменил своё имя-отчество на такую же хрень. И даже паспорт показывал!
    «И всё, что сейчас происходит внутре — тоже является частью вселенной».

  19. #19
    Завсегдатай
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    1,786
    Rep Power
    10
    А да, я тоже это слышал

    БОЧ рВФ 260602

  20. #20
    Завсегдатай
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    My Time & Space
    Posts
    6,559
    Rep Power
    16
    Не, ну это надо же таким шизанутым быть! Я бы на месте БОЧа-младшего, когда вырос, подал бы в суд на такого папаню.

    Биологический объект человек рода Ворониных и Фроловых, рождённый двадцать шестого июня две тысячи второго года.

    Аццкий сотона! Это уже не человек, а машина какая-то с порядковым номером (или инвентарным? )

    Мне обидно за этого пацанёнка ещё и потому, что мы с ним в один день родилсь!
    «И всё, что сейчас происходит внутре — тоже является частью вселенной».

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. "Old people" in russian
    By chinaski-ita in forum Grammar and Vocabulary
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: July 24th, 2010, 09:52 PM
  2. Replies: 14
    Last Post: March 24th, 2010, 04:03 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: March 16th, 2010, 12:13 PM
  4. BBC "Russian Language and People" Videos?
    By ivanjs in forum Videos
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: February 20th, 2010, 05:02 PM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: February 17th, 2009, 08:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Russian Lessons                           

Russian Tests and Quizzes            

Russian Vocabulary