Thread: Help! A question about the 'chat' feature...

Новичок

Help! A question about the 'chat' feature...

I'm new, so bear with me as I make my way about here...I noticed a chat feature on bottom of my page, and apparently I'm 'available', as I got a request for chat. I wanted to disable the feature for now, as I don't do the chat thing very well. I never got the hang of it, and I type too slowly. I try to respond, but by the time I'm done typing, the conversation is long over. It's very frustrating...*sigh*
    But I don't want people to think I'm ignoring their requests or being rude and unfriendly, so I figured I should just disable it for now, till I learn more about the site...Oh look...there's another one...If you can see this "Messer", I'm not being unfriendly! I'm just terrible at navigating online chats!

Новичок
    Oh, I'm sorry for request from my side . I thought that you didn't know about our General room, just wanted to show it. You can turn off it by tap on cogwheel in contact list. But as for me that chat is very helpful for learning language and not so fast as you think.
    Seems I've just wrote my first message outside the chat

Новичок
    Hi Messer! I'm glad you wrote...I didn't want you to think me rude or unsociable. I'm the opposite, that's why I have trouble with quick formats like most 'chats' are. I say too much, when I'm finally done typing, everyone else has moved on, or I respond to things much too slowly and throw the whole 'flow' off. I figured I ought to get a feel for the site first, before trying anything in real-time, especially on a site where much may not be in English and the chances of being misunderstood are magnified. Posting here for a bit allows me to proof-read before submitting...