Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Кое-кому хочется во всём обвинять американскую агентуру

Paul G.
    Украинские бандералоги:

Смешная Ирина Хакамада! По всему чувствуется, что наследственная самурайка.

Paul G.

- Dad, Muscovites (moskals) drove us out of the Eastern Ukraine!
    - Now we write in the internet that we rip them like pigs!
    - Dad, but they are in Lviv already! (Lviv is a "capital" of Ukrainian )
    - I serve the Soviet Union!

Lviv is a "capital" of Ukrainian NAZIS
    (anti censorship)
    Last edited by Paul G.; March 5th, 2014 at 05:31 PM. Reason: Insulting labeling of people
    gRomoZeka, Ramil, Hanna and 2 others like this.

Russian English
    Встретились два кума*, один у другого спрашивает:
    - Ты на Майдан ездил?
    -Да нет, как же я покину шахту, вода скамью затопит, потом не откачаешь. А ты ездил?
    -Тоже нет, ты же знаешь, я металлург, печь затухнет, тогда хоть новую строй. А Николай, наверное, был?
    -Да какое там, разве он своих буренок покинет, ведь он фермер.
    -А Иван Петрович?
    -Да он же учитель, кто же детишек учить будет?
    -А Василий Васильевич?
    -Да он же врач – больных не бросишь.
    -Куме**, а какая же СКОТИНА УЖЕ ТРИ МЕСЯЦА стоит на площади и говорит от имени народа?
    Two friends speaking, one asks another:

- Have you been to Maidan?
    - No way, if I leave the mine it will go submerged, I'll never get it dry after that. What about you?
    - Me neither, I'm metallurgist, if my oven goes cold it'll be as good as ruined. Maybe Nicolay was there?

- Tell me about it, like he would abandon his cattle, you know that he's a farmer.
    - And Ivan Petrovich?
    - He's a teacher, who'll teach kids if not him?
    - Vasiliy Vasil'evich?
    - He's a doctor - he can't abandon his patients.
    - My friend, then who are those FAGGOTS standing on the town square FOR THREE MONTHS ALREADY and speaking in the name of the people?
    * The word "кум" means "friend". This word is rarely used in modern Russian language and usually shows the presence of Ukrainian context. Note that the related word "кумовство" doesn't mean "friendship" but rather means "corruption".
    ** The word "куме" is "кум" used in vocative case. This case is not learned or used systematically, but still exist in the form of exceptions.

Send me a PM if you need me.

Quote Originally Posted by DrBaldhead View Post
    -Куме**, а какая же СКОТИНА
    - My friend, then who are those FAGGOTS
    Okay, today's quick lesson in vulgar English slang: to my American ears, "c*cksuckers" is probably a much better translation for скотина in this particular context.

Understandably, it may seem that calling a man c*cksucker is "logically equivalent" to calling him f*ggot, but there's actually a difference, at least in US English usage.

Surprising as it may seem, c*cksucker can be applied to an AGGRESSIVE and "macho" man, while f*ggot pretty much always implies weakness and passivity. So, if you're talking about those among the Maidan protestors who turned aggressive and violent and started setting things on fire, then "f*ggots" doesn't really work.

But "The peaceful political demonstration was ruined when a bunch of neo-Nazi c*cksuckers started rioting and throwing homemade bombs" sounds totally normal.

P.S. Of course, since скотина is "бранное" but not "матерное", one might also want to choose a slightly less vulgar English expression for the sake of parallelism -- for instance, "assholes" or "goddamn jerks".

Note that the related word "кумовство" doesn't mean "friendship" but rather means "corruption".
    Hmmm, "cronyism" seems like the ideal translation here. (The word "crony" literally means "friend," but it comes from old блатной жаргон and for this reason is almost always used in a negative sense: "I'm sick and tired of that idiot -- and all of his idiotic cronies, too.")
    Говорит Бегемот: "Dear citizens of MR -- please correct my Russian mistakes!"

I'm also reminded of this classic joke about Ilya Muromets:

Едет Илья Муромец по полю. Видит камень, на нем надпись: "Направо пойдёшь – коня потеряешь, налево пойдешь – сам умрёшь. Прямо пойдёшь – станешь п*дором."

Илья слезает с коня, думает, "как это п*дором?", разозлился, пошёл прямо. Смотрит, на берегу речки сидит трёхглавый Змей-Горыныч, рыбу ловит...

Илья думает, "это он что ли меня п*дором сделает? Ну щас я ему покажу, где раки зимуют!"

Выхватил он меч и две головы Змею-Горынычу отрубил.

Третья голова поднимается, грустно и тихо говорит:
    - Ну не п*дор ли ты Илья после этого?!

Usually "п*дор" implies "a damn lousy stinking homosexual," but sometimes it's a vulgar synonym for "козёл" in the figurative sense of "mean, obnoxious, unpleasant person" -- in other words, it has the same double meaning as "c*cksucker":

Ilya of Murom is riding through a field. He sees a stone, and on it an inscription: "Go right, and you'll lose your horse. Go left, and you yourself will die. Go straight ahead, and you'll become a c*cksucker."

Ilya gets off his horse, he's thinking, "How could it turn me into a c*cksucker?" Finally he flew into a rage and went straight ahead. He takes a look, and there on the riverbank is Zmei-Gorynych, the three-headed dragon, just sitting and fishing.

Ilya thinks, "Can he really be the one who's gonna make a c*cksucker out of me? I'll show him who's boss!"

And he whips out his sword and chops off two of Zmei-Gorynych's heads.

The dragon raises his third head and says in a sad, quiet voice: "Well, if this doesn't qualify you as a c*cksucker, nothing does!"
    gRomoZeka likes this.
    Говорит Бегемот: "Dear citizens of MR -- please correct my Russian mistakes!"

Скотина literally means cattle. IDK, there is a word scum, although it's not a direct equivalent, I think it's the closest possible equivalent.
    Throbert McGee likes this.
    Send me a PM if you need me.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123