Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Some piece of IT humour

Hanna
    Quote Originally Posted by bsod View Post
    Still in doubt to choice between Linux and Windows?
    I am sooooooo embarassed to be a Windows user.

I have walked straight into their "trap": All my skills and the software I am using are Windows based and I keep using it simply because I have not prioritised migrating.

Who here is using 64 bit? I assume the same considerations regarding 32 / 64 is applicable for Linux?
    I will migrate that during 2011 and get another machine to put Linux on and learn that.

Linux users; What's your favourite distro and why?

I'm using Xubuntu for AMD64 (among others). No problems here )))
    Same with Windows 7 x64 - I've trouble running some old windows games with that. Instead I run them with wine under linux ))) For DOS based games there is dosbox. Didn't notice any problems with any other software.
    Oh, well, also Microsoft.jet.OLEDB 4.0 - no support for x64. This is disgusting, by the way. Many apps are using it.
    Send me a PM if you need me.

Подающий надежды оратор
    I have Ubuntu-64 on my desktop (Used it for a long time) and have no problem with it except of flash player bugs (I'm not sure that it's because of 64 platform but I heard that exactly because of it).
    Also I had Ubuntu on laptop, but recently I've installed Linux Mint (Debian based), just for try - Mint is also great!

to Hanna:
    How with the legality in Sweden? Does people uses a licensed windows or prefers pirated? How about other proprietary software?
    Need a native English speakers for conversations. I can help you with Russian. skype: bsod90

Hanna
    I have Ubuntu-64 on my desktop (Used it for a long time) and have no problem with it except of flash player bugs (I'm not sure that it's because of 64 platform but I heard that exactly because of it).
    Also I had Ubuntu on laptop, but recently I've installed Linux Mint (Debian based), just for try - Mint is also great!
    Ubuntu is the Linux distro that I am most interested in. I think that's what I'll choose when I get around to using Linux. It seems like there is a lot of support online, and good documentation. In the past I used to enjoy solving technical problems, but now I just want the easiest solution.
    My big hobby project right now is learning Russian!

to Hanna:
    How with the legality in Sweden? Does people uses a licensed windows or prefers pirated? How about other proprietary software?
    I think that everyone who knows how to pirate it, does.
    But they'd have to pirate from "scratch". But you could NOT buy pirated copies on the market, or sell them anywhere.. So those who pirate are those who are capable of downloading it themselves, burn onto a CD and apply the licensing patch. That rules out a lot of people. But in general, most people in Sweden are not big supporters of things like copyright and multinational corporations like Microsoft. They would not have any moral reservations about pirating. It's where the first "pirate party" was founded, and the home of the "Pirate bay" (actually, I think technically it's in Ukraine nowadays, but that's where the founders are from.

Swedish businesses would never use pirated software though - only individuals.
    Take one guess how much I paid for my Window$......

I'm using Ubuntu x32.
    It works without problems... sometimes If i don't touch system files, of course.
    Please, correct all of my mistakes. My English is terrible.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12