Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Политические дискуссии на разные темы (оф-топик от темы "The crisis in Syria")

Семь бед, один Reset

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by wanja View Post
    Да, демократия оказалась дерьмом. Очередным. Как фашизм и коммунизм.
    Похоже, что человечество не может "прыгнуть выше головы" и стать лучше.
    Какой бы порядок люди не строили, всё равно получаются убийства.
    Получается, что Дарвин (человек - это животное) и религия (человек греховен) правы.

Они даже не хотят угнетать других, у них просто иначе не получается.
    - Барин, за что вы меня ТАК угнетаете?
    - А как надо?
    - Убедил!

(Из КВН)

Что человек - животное, так это инфа 100%. Вот только не все же животные себе подобных убивают. Можеть быть, когда-нибудь и люди мутируют в лучшую сторону?
    "Невозможно передать смысл иностранной фразы, не разрушив при этом её первоначальную структуру."

maxmixiv: Можеть быть, когда-нибудь и люди мутируют в лучшую сторону?
    Надеюсь...
    Вот потому, что вы говорите то, что не думаете, и думаете то, что не думаете, вот в клетках и сидите. И вообще, весь этот горький катаклизм, который я здесь наблюдаю, и Владимир Николаевич тоже…

Bill Clinton Offers Rare US Praise for Putin | Russia | RIA Novosti

Some praise for Putin from an unexpected corner: Former US President Bill Clinton says that although Putin was "brutally blunt," the Russian President is also "very smart" and always kept his word.

WASHINGTON, September 25 (RIA Novosti) – Former President Bill Clinton offered some rare words of praise Wednesday from a US politician about Vladimir Putin, describing the Russian president as “very smart,” “brutally blunt” and true to his word.

“Mr. Putin … he’s very smart,” Clinton said in an interview with CNN talk show host Piers Morgan. “And, remarkably, we had a good, blunt relationship.” Asked to describe just how blunt that relationship was, Clinton replied: “Brutally blunt,” indicating he preferred this level of frankness in private conversations.

Putin took over as acting Russian president on January 1, 2000 following the surprise New Year’s Eve resignation of the late Russian leader Boris Yelstin, and was formally elected for his first term two months later. Clinton, who left office in January 2001, worked with him as head of state for a year.

Asked if Putin ever reneged on a promise, Clinton was categorical: “He did not.”

“He kept his word on all the deals we made,” Clinton said.
    Same basic article is reported in US media as well:

CNN Interview: Clinton suggests Putin can be trusted – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

Clinton: Putin always kept his word - The Hill's Blog Briefing Room
    Вот потому, что вы говорите то, что не думаете, и думаете то, что не думаете, вот в клетках и сидите. И вообще, весь этот горький катаклизм, который я здесь наблюдаю, и Владимир Николаевич тоже…

Quote Originally Posted by Deborski View Post
    Bill Clinton Offers Rare US Praise for Putin | Russia | RIA Novosti

Some praise for Putin from an unexpected corner: Former US President Bill Clinton says that although Putin was "brutally blunt," the Russian President is also "very smart" and always kept his word.

Same basic article is reported in US media as well:

CNN Interview: Clinton suggests Putin can be trusted – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

Clinton: Putin always kept his word - The Hill's Blog Briefing Room
    I'm really not surprised. Mostly the Russians I've met in real life are brutally honest and they say exactly what they mean. I haven't met very many people here like that cause mostly people in our country just wanna mess with your head and confuse you. And I don't like being that confused. Well, it's cool sometimes but not all the time.
    Btw, the Al Nusra rebel groups are rejecting the western backed Syrian National coalition. They want Syria to be a new Al Qaeda State.
    Al Qaeda-Linked Al Nusra Front Leads 13 Rebel Groups In Rejecting Western-Backed Syrian National Coalition

Quote Originally Posted by UhOhXplode View Post
    I'm really not surprised. Mostly the Russians I've met in real life are brutally honest and they say exactly what they mean. I haven't met very many people here like that cause mostly people in our country just wanna mess with your head and confuse you. And I don't like being that confused. Well, it's cool sometimes but not all the time.
    Btw, the Al Nusra rebel groups are rejecting the western backed Syrian National coalition. They want Syria to be a new Al Qaeda State.
    Al Qaeda-Linked Al Nusra Front Leads 13 Rebel Groups In Rejecting Western-Backed Syrian National Coalition
    Yep, in my experience Russians are very direct and often blunt, which is often interpreted as rudeness by western society. I'm a very forthright person myself, which is probably why I "get" them more than some of my American friends do. On the other hand, Americans may smile a lot to your face but its hard to know what they really think of you.

I heard about the split with the rebels and I'm glad. If the US truly wanted to help the people of Syria, it would send medical aid, food, etc, to the 2 million plus refugees who are starting to eat dogs because they are starving to death. In all of the discussions I've heard about whether/whether not to drop "humanitarian" bombs on Syria, I have not heard anyone saying that the money would be better spent just helping the refugees. And America calls itself a "christian nation." Apparently the christians forgot to read what Jesus actually said:

Matthew 25:37-40 Then the righteous will answer him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? And when did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you? And when did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?’ And the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.’

Quote Originally Posted by Deborski View Post
    Yep, in my experience Russians are very direct and often blunt, which is often interpreted as rudeness by western society. I'm a very forthright person myself, which is probably why I "get" them more than some of my American friends do. On the other hand, Americans may smile a lot to your face but its hard to know what they really think of you.

I heard about the split with the rebels and I'm glad. If the US truly wanted to help the people of Syria, it would send medical aid, food, etc, to the 2 million plus refugees who are starting to eat dogs because they are starving to death. In all of the discussions I've heard about whether/whether not to drop "humanitarian" bombs on Syria, I have not heard anyone saying that the money would be better spent just helping the refugees. And America calls itself a "christian nation." Apparently the christians forgot to read what Jesus actually said:

Matthew 25:37-40 Then the righteous will answer him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? And when did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you? And when did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?’ And the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.’
    Yeah, I thought it was kinda rude when I was little. Now i just think it's a better way to talk. And smiling isn't about friends. It's just that people smile if they get happy sometimes. I mean, just cause I don't smile at someone doesn't mean I don't like them. It just means there's nothing I'm getting that happy about.
    Tosevski's one of my best friends and he's brutally honest about stuff too but he's from Slovenia. So it's not just Russians.

I read about something that happened in the Iraq war that was really weird too. They dropped boxes of pop tarts from planes for the refugees to eat. Pop tarts? That's gotta be the last thing anyone should eat if they're really hungry! I mean, why not packets of rice or mac and cheese or something? Or even just fruit? I don't think pop tarts have much food value and it wouldn't be my first choice if I was really hungry.
    But yeah, I haven't heard anything about food or medicine either. Just arms and money for the rebels. And I don't think Jesus ever said to send more weapons if people are suffering. It was fish he multiplied, not guns.

Несколько постов об американской улыбке перенесены в тему http://masterrussian.net/f13/%D0%B4%...47/index3.html

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234