Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: о ком Путин говорит?

Завсегдатай
    =). Now she works for some metal company... for pennies an hour.

Im sure that somehow, some of the metal they sell goes to make weapons, but for the most part, they just sell to old men who need to patch holes in their fishing boats.
    Вот это да, я так люблю себя. И сегодня я люблю себя, ещё больше чем вчера, а завтра я буду любить себя to ещё больше чем сегодня. Тем что происходит,я вполне доволен!

Почтенный гражданин
    Quote Originally Posted by N
    In my opinion this situation calls a 'democracy'. Market+'democracy' i.e. Western type of democracy. Money is winner not people. You have money - you have power, you have mass media and you always win. You do not win an election - you buy an election. And it doesn't matter which party will win since you have money and able to buy everyone. Since 1996 I haven't voted at all. That's useless.
    First of all, democracy and "democracy" are two big differences as Odesits say. Second of all, election is a one of tools which people can control their country. Russian people don't trust in law because it doesn't work properly, but it happens because they vote for nothing. I have never heard clear programme of Russian political party. Russians want not trust in calculations, they want to trust in miracle. May be it's a stuff of big industrial countries where people too far from administration and each next day reminds previous. PR money is working when you have nothing to lose otherwise you think about your personal interest.

CNN story

I have a bad habit to breakfast and to see TV. In the Monday I saw CNN channel (something about Ohio financial crises). There was an interview and reporter asked the question "Why you don't blame the government and president?" The response was "Because we don't change horses in the middle of the river". I was really shocked. I'll explain for them who haven't seen the movie "Wag the dog". The president of US was going to be re-elected and some guys made an action on TV. First squad make a virtual war with Albania but second squad make a common commercials with the slogan "don't change horses in the middle of the river".
    Я танцую пьяный на столе нума нума е нума нума нума е
    Снова счастье улыбнулось мне нума нума е нума нума нума е

N
    Почтенный гражданин
    Quote Originally Posted by BETEP
    First of all, democracy and "democracy" are two big differences as Odesits say.
    Agreed. But I think democracy exists nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by BETEP
    Second of all, election is a one of tools which people can control their country.
    That's right but they 'can control' something only in theory.

In real life ordinary people have no real choice. While members of elite of society in this game play against each other for exquisite morsels of a pie (and we are free to choose betwen them), the elite as a whole, as owner of all big money, mass media etc plays against those ordinary people. Elites will not share their profits and power with anyone.

This game in 'democracy' is a playing with cheats who have all trumps.

Just my opinion.

Почтенный гражданин
    Quote Originally Posted by N
    Agreed. But I think democracy exists nowhere.
    I disagree. The democracy is only a tool, and it's not a solution.
    I know we have problem not because democracy doesn't work but because people make a wrong choice. I see the same problem in Russia but there are also other problems. Russia has only one stable source of income - raw resource export. IMHO, Russian oil and gas are a disaster for Russian politics and economics and the money doesn't improve high technology production because this kind of business is not gainful in Russia because economics is directed to resource export.
    Я танцую пьяный на столе нума нума е нума нума нума е
    Снова счастье улыбнулось мне нума нума е нума нума нума е

JB
    Старший оракул
    Let's get it straight. THE USA IS RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL THE WORLD PROBLEMS!!!! No person or government in any part of the world is responsible for their own mistakes or poor choices. Terrorism, war, famine, AIDS, cancer, poverty, unrest and unhappiness are all America's fault. The world would be a wonderful place if we could just blow the whole continent off the face of the earth.
    So all of you who are blaming the US for Russia's problems need to start working right now and get every trace of America out of your country. Start with all the loans and bailout $ we send to Russia. Flush it down the toilet along with all the American products sold in Russia, all the American TV shows and movies, all the music and books. Next get all that English off your advertisements and media. Stop all those English classes in the schools and ban the teaching of Russian to Americans. Don't forget to revoke all the business visas you gave to Americans and shut down every company that is based in America, heavy fines for anyone who does business with America. Reeducation camp would be a good idea for all those brides advertising for an American husband and the mixed marriages that exist should be immediately annuled, deport the American spouses.
    Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.

Властелин
    I'm working on it :P

Seriously though JB, who do you think Putin is talking about?

Почтенный гражданин
    JB

need to start working right now
    преувеличиваешь. Во всем кроме языка и фильмов рулит германия - по количеству кредитов, товарообороту, ихним фирмам тут и т д
    А вот если россия перестанет покупать американскую курятину
    Оригинал: Call me ASAP.
    Перевод: Зови меня Асапом. (С)

JJ
    Властелин
    Quote Originally Posted by JB
    So all of you who are blaming the US for Russia's problems need to start working right now and get every trace of America out of your country. Start with all the loans and bailout $ we send to Russia.
    I thought if I give a loan to someone it is a very profitable business for me, but you said it is a great help. BTW, could you tell us in details what the bailout, to whom, what for etc the US sent.
    Gib immer 100% bei der Arbeit: 12% am Montag, 23% am Dienstag, 40% am Mittwoch, 20% am Donnerstag, 5% am Freitag ...

Почтенный гражданин
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogboy182
    Actaully under george bush we have lost more jobs than any president in 75 years. And we are down like 1.5 million jobs since clinton left. So, obviously we are not doing well on the job front either (my mom lost her job, actually).
    Yours too?

I'm thinking about becoming an undertaker. A bit depressing, but at least it's a growth profession.

JB
    Старший оракул
    JJ, look into www.usaid.ru for a view of some of the present programs US government has in Russia. Also check out the history section and the web for info on billions of $ America gave (grants, not loans) to Russia in the 1990's.
    Russia takes the cash and lets the USA stick her red white and blue nose in every kind of Russian business. And the reason USA gives $ is obviously so America can influence Russian politics and economy (under the guise of "America's tradition of humanitarian aid." So I find it amusing that Putin screams for America to mind our own business. I also find it irritating that when Russia has a problem it's America's fault. I hear this on Moscow TV, in the metro, at the office, and in newspapers and the web. Both from the politicians and general public.
    Now do big powers with political agendas finance and benefit from terrorism? Probably. Did America benefit from the latest terrorist attacks on Russia? I don't think so, but maybe somebody can prove me wrong. Did Putin benefit from the latest terrorist attacks on Russia? Check out this weeks headlines on Putin's proposed new laws to centralize his power.

JB
    Старший оракул
    And as for Bush's legs, you still have Col. Sander's which serves pure poison!

JJ
    Властелин
    Quote Originally Posted by JB
    JJ, look into www.usaid.ru....
    I'll reply to you later about this, I have to read this site carefully.
    Now do big powers with political agendas finance and benefit from terrorism? Probably. Did America benefit from the latest terrorist attacks on Russia? I don't think so, but maybe somebody can prove me wrong.
    Just read the USA conception "The grand chessboard" by Zbigniew Brzezinski, there are all answers on your qwestions. Everything is going according to Brzezinski conseption.
    Did Putin benefit from the latest terrorist attacks on Russia? Check out this weeks headlines on Putin's proposed new laws to centralize his power.
    He didn't because Putin has occasions for it for many times during last several years. And he did nothing then.
    Gib immer 100% bei der Arbeit: 12% am Montag, 23% am Dienstag, 40% am Mittwoch, 20% am Donnerstag, 5% am Freitag ...

JJ
    Властелин
    I've read usaid.com so... First, there is no big USA aid. Look into http://www.usaid.ru..../en/main/activit ... ty_descr=1 Average amount of aid is about $199 million a years. What does it mean? It means there is no help! I'll try to show you what i mean. I live in a SMALL town (180 000 population) we have about 10 big works here. The average salary in my town is about $250. The amount of workers in industry is about 45 000 people. So only industry workers salary is about $11 250 000 a month, it means about $135 million a year. The tax is 13% so the goverment gets about $17.6 million only from industry of my town. Let's count services, the services is about 59% of all economic here, i've taken it from cia world fact book. So just 5-6 small towns give the same money like the USAID, and I even didn't mention about the taxes paid by works and factories... Btw, there are more than 1000 towns in russia. My town is 97th in Russia town's rating. So the all help is less than 1% of what Russia makes for itself.

Now lets find out what USAID spends money for...
    to be continued....

JB
    Старший оракул
    I tried to got on your link but it wouldn't work.
    Now to explain USAID;
    This government organization does not provide all the money to do their work. You are correct that $199mil is a drop in the bucket compared to what it will buy in such a large country as Russia. But 100% funding of projects (or even developing projects) is not the goal of USAID. Read the section on their goals and mission and you will see that they are promoting a political agenda under the guise of humanitarianism. The money they provide via grants is SEED money. Each grant has a set of rules and requirements that promote their agenda. Now look under the partners section and see some of the companies who are currently recipients of these grants. Some are humanitarian groups and may actually be able to fund their project on the tiny bit they get from USAID. But this is not likely for the majority who bring in their own money (all sorts of tax write offs and government benefits) and get all the other money they need from other grants, loans, and or investors. If you research each of these companies and their finances you will see billions of dollars going into Russia. (I have not done this investigation personally as it would take every hour of every day for a long time, but I have seen the results of others' research in the financial news that estimates US $s to Russia in the billions) These programs benefit their host companies but also benefit the people of Russia. The only catch is that to get the $ you risk the effects of the propoganda that comes with it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12