Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Russia's allies and pals

Завсегдатай
    What's all this got to do with Russian culture/politics anyhow?

Завсегдатай

Re: france

Quote Originally Posted by z80
    Most of Iraqs weponds are American and French I think. Some one correct me if I'm wrong.
    looks like no one corrected you, iraq's weapons are not american. well for example russia went and armed the entire eastern world when it invented the AK-47. but thats beside the point, the only tanks in iraq's possesion are T-72's from soviet era, and t-55 form right after world war two. and of course the alledged "GPS jammars" that russia sold iraq to confuse our GPS guided bombs, which all 6 jammars were reportedly destroyed by our GPS bombs, kinda ironic. im not sure if iraq uses anything american as a weapon, except pow human shields =p and france... pfhh the only reason france and iraq are partners is so they can dissguiss surrender tacticts. by the way, why do they fill trenches with oil and burn them, or try to confuse our bobms, they know our bombs are just going to hit government buildings, and so by confusign them to make them land on daycare centers and markets does not seem like they care about their civilians too much. just let thier palaces get bobed, call the prezident of france, and surrender.
    Вот это да, я так люблю себя. И сегодня я люблю себя, ещё больше чем вчера, а завтра я буду любить себя to ещё больше чем сегодня. Тем что происходит,я вполне доволен!

z80
    Почтенный гражданин
    Didn't Iraq already have a small test reactor that it brought from the soviets, but then they brought two from the French?

I know one was destroyed by the Jews, but what happened to the other one? Also, the Osirak reactor that was bombed would have been mostly salvageable. What was Iraq doing with such a reactor anyway? From memory the Osiraks are only about 60-75mw reactors anyway, so they dam sure weren't used for power generation. Hell I could make more power by peddling on my bike.

Also, the Osiraks would have been dam easy to get weponds grade plutonium out of.

May be He already does have a nuke and is just waiting for the yanks to get a bit closer and then set it off?

Oh well, I guess will find out when Imperialist America finishes it's invasion.
    I hate Signatures

Завсегдатай
    lol this is funny, it's like turning into a bad sitcom. Z80 when u say jews u mean isreal? or no? who did it?
    Вот это да, я так люблю себя. И сегодня я люблю себя, ещё больше чем вчера, а завтра я буду любить себя to ещё больше чем сегодня. Тем что происходит,я вполне доволен!

mike

What??? The US didn't sell weapons to Iraq? Where do you think they got all that cyanide, anthrax and mustard gas (et al) to use on the Iranians from? Keep in mind, Dogboy, that we aren't invading to get rid of Iraq's aging tanks. We're in there (allegedly anyway) to get rid of all these chemical weapons Iraq has that we sold them.

V
    Почтенный гражданин

Quote Originally Posted by mike
    What??? The US didn't sell weapons to Iraq? Where do you think they got all that cyanide, anthrax and mustard gas (et al) to use on the Iranians from? Keep in mind, Dogboy, that we aren't invading to get rid of Iraq's aging tanks. We're in there (allegedly anyway) to get rid of all these chemical weapons Iraq has that we sold them.
    We didn't sell them. Another government, that happened to be an American one, did. Don't blame it on Mr Bush.
    Сюда нужно смотреть. И слушать, что я говорю.

mike
    Yes, Reagan's government. Which included Donald Rumsfeld, Richard Perle, Dick Cheney, Condoleeza Rice and George Bush's father (vice president, of course).

BTW Colin Powell and Dick Cheney were also in charge during the first Gulf War. This was around the time when Bush Sr. was under fire for selling his shares in Halliburton (the company Dick Cheney was CEO of until 2000; see a pattern developing here?) shortly before the value of the stock plummeted. Some other big players and shareholders in the oil industry: Donald Rumsfeld, Richard Perle, Condoleeza Rice.

Hmm, why do all these names sound familiar?

V
    Почтенный гражданин
    If you sell someone a gun, and he shoots someone with it, does that mean we can't punish him? Does it even mean the person who sold him the gun can't punish the killer? No, it only means we can punish both. And sure, selling WMD to Iraq was a big mistake, but it doesn't justify the use of WMD. We still have the right to wipe any sucker off the face of the Earth.

Edit: Maybe I misunderstood something here. Are we discussing whether the US govt is stupid, or are we trying to /un/justify war? If it is the former, I've got nothing to say to its defense
    Сюда нужно смотреть. И слушать, что я говорю.

mike
    I don't know what we are discussing. I thought this topic was dead until Oddo fired it back up again. I'm just replying to whatever seems like something I'd like to reply to. By the way, nobody said the use of WMD was justified (unless it is against the Iranians, which we definitely intended it to be used). But there is no evidence these weapons have been used since then (or that they still exist), so what exactly are we punishing? Whenever they say "Saddam gasses his own people" they are talking about things that happened 15 years ago. Saddam not only didn't control Northern Iraq after the first Gulf War, if he had even attempted to go into the Kurdish areas the international arena would've been all over him. If we're punishing him for killing and torturing Shia and Sunni people, then why aren't we going after all the other dictators in the world? Why are we only focusing on the one whose country happens to own the second-most plentiful oil fields in the world?

Новичок
    This is called " THE DOUBLE-STANDARD TREATMENT " :

1> YOU OVERLOOK THE ACTIONS OF ONE DICTATOR ( AND EVEN SUPPORT HIM AND HELP HIM ) BECAUSE HE OBEYS YOU.

2> YOU PUNISH THE OTHER DICTATOR (AND EVEN INVENT FALSE REASONS TO PUNISH HIM) BECAUSE HE DOESN'T OBEY YOU .

IT ALL COMES TO: " SELF-INTEREST " REASONS.

Please, don't use all capital letters.
    ~ Мастерадминов Мастерадмин Мастерадминович ~

A
    Подающий надежды оратор
    Boys or girls,
    This is an absolutely prospectless discussion. Why? 'cause some parts just don't want to see true colors. As an instance, I'll say that while sympathising my native Russia I absolutely clearly and honestly admit all its weak points, moreover am willing to uncover its dirty forces. That is the only way to clean it. All other ways are unhuman and lead to sooner or longer rottenness.
    Which is not the case with way too many Americans (thou, not all). America is a Great country, the people are great. Without detecting sources of illness you tread on the road of demise.
    As a single evidence: In Canada resides - close to me - a former Iraqi scientist who worked on their nuclear program. And he says, I hate Saddam but the nuclear program after Gulf War1 was destroyed without any possibility of resurrection and the States brought up the question to their own needs. Only.
    We can talk and talk. The subject is endless. The question, "Why a huge, authoritative prosecutor initially brought up to the court hall, before the eyes of billions of people, a false accusation?" And is not it a sign that the respectable prosecutor will bring any other crap in order to push his goal. I don't talk anything else. I simply said what I've said.
    I really want Saddam be punished for his attrocities. I don't want when big uncles lie to me. I'm not their stupid kid.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123