Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Political Correctness

Quote Originally Posted by kalinka_vinnie
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramil
    Kalinka, I was afraid some people would think of me as of a man full of ignorant prejudices. I deliberately exaggerated things a little in order to emboss the futility of any PC policy. PC won't going to change people's attitudes and thoughts. PC will push the hatred and prejudices deeper and shield it with the mask of hypocrisy. That's going to boil more and more until it explodes and a man will take his gun and shoot several innocent girls in a school. I'm not a prejudiced man, Kalinka, I just defend those who are. Personally, I prefer people who hate me to say it right into my face.
    That's where you are wrong, PC IS helping people's attitudes and thoughts. But first let me say that a person filled with hatred has some serious personal problems and needs help. Hatred is a very strong emotion and is very dangerous. I think people who say 'I hate such and such' really don't understand what they are saying. If you seriously hate gay people or chinese or whatever, then you should seek help. If not, you'll probably end up as a skinhead and attack random people on the street. Oh, the freedom of speech and thought!

Why is PC helping? Because it forces you to think twice of what you say, it teaches you respect for your fellow humans. Heck, wasn't this all your beloved communism all about, being good to "the humanity"? If you think that spreading hatred and insults is a civilized way of living and going to make your problems go away, you, sir, are delusional.

Anyway, PC is not a law, do as you like. Call black people for 'n!ggers' if you like, we'll see how far your prejudices will get you. I, personally, am glad that I can go to work and not be ridiculed for being blond (f.ex.). I am so much more productive that way!

Lastly, regardless of immigration, we are living in a world that is becoming more global by the minute. If you are an American and hate pink commie bastards and keeping professing your beliefs that all Russians are commies (like someone on this board), you are just going to spread resentment, anger and lose respect. All educated people know that people are different, have different beliefs and have different prejudices. There is no reason why you should be more right than others.

Can't we just all get along?
    Kalinka, you're missing my point entirely. All I want to say that PC must not be introduced by law. It's about morality and respect. Don't bring any laws in this sphere of human life. Trying to formalize such things will get you to nowhere. Bringing laws into it will either lead to an absurd or a tragedy. I don't mind black or yellow skinned people (I don't know whether it is correct to use such words though ), I don't hate gays (I just don't understand them ) I don't insult people and I don't advocate racism, sexism, nazism or any other -ism (including communism - most definetely I am not a communist. An anarchist, maybe. Power is a crime.
    I don't believe in laws though. Laws won't make people better than they are. I achnowledge only 10 laws - the decalogue. If you follow them - you're fairly safe with any other law that humans will ever invent.

EDIT: Just strike the offender into his mouth and don't bring lawyers and courts into this.
    Send me a PM if you need me.

Увлечённый спикер
    Ok, GabCNesbitt, let's talk about your problems.

Who do you hate and why? Let's not be PC here. Just immigrants in general, or a particular group?
    I hate lefty politicians who open the borders up to people like this:

[quote]
    A man who desecrated a cenotaph in Blackpool on the day marking the 90th anniversary of the start of World War I, has escaped a jail sentence.
    Iraqi Harkan Amin, 32, a failed asylum seeker from Oldham, Greater Manchester, admitted outraging public decency by behaving in an indecent manner.

The Royal British Legion and Russian Convoy Association had laid wreaths which were ruined after the sex act

Amin was unable to pay the
    Russia is a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma.

Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by DagothWarez
    Quote Originally Posted by charlestonian
    Phony, phony, phony. Jews can't be trusted, anyway... they'll stab you in the back in no time!
    Why banned? You just can't stand the truth, can you? Just look at history: why do you think Jews were never liked (mildly put)?
    Well, I don't know what to say. I want to say thanks to the Academy, to Mama, to Papa and to my dog. I love you all.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramil
    Kalinka, you're missing my point entirely. All I want to say that PC must not be introduced by law. It's about morality and respect. Don't bring any laws in this sphere of human life. Trying to formalize such things will get you to nowhere. Bringing laws into it will either lead to an absurd or a tragedy. I don't mind black or yellow skinned people (I don't know whether it is correct to use such words though ), I don't hate gays (I just don't understand them ) I don't insult people and I don't advocate racism, sexism, nazism or any other -ism (including communism - most definetely I am not a communist).
    I don't believe in laws though. Laws won't make people better than they are. I achnowledge only 10 laws - the decalogue. If you follow them - you're fairly safe with any other law that humans will ever invent.
    Who is talking about it being introduced by law? I agree, it shouldn't! I do believe it should be part of any business' code of conduct for their employees, but that is just my opinion. Be careful who you defend, Ramil, for a second I thought you were a skinhead regularily going to махачи!
    Hei, rett norsken min og du er død.
    I am a notourriouse misspeller. Be easy on me.
    Пожалуйста! Исправляйте мои глупые ошибки (но оставьте умные)!
    Yo hablo español mejor que tú.
    Trusnse kal'rt eturule sikay!!! ))

Завсегдатай
    Тут читал статью по-русски про Южную Африку. В ней негров назвали афроамериканцами.

А как в Америке принято называть афроафриканцев?

Quote Originally Posted by Lampada
    DDT...didn't you know? The entire establishment of the state of Israel was a crime against humanity.
    I hope you are not joking because it is true.
    You are entitled to your opinion, but there are enough people who do not care what you think. :P
    Fine with me. You have your opinion, and I have mine.
    Yeah, Israel rules . Israel is so brave, as long as America supports it... Send all the Jews over there! What are they doing in other countries? They should go to their homeland. I bet they don't want to go there, huh? Oh, they can defend Israel, as long they are not there. So, their "patriotism" is all talk... Phony, phony, phony. (Moderated. L.)
    I thought you'd suggest to destroy Israel and bring all Israelis here.
    "...Важно, чтобы форум оставался местом, объединяющим людей, для которых интересны русский язык и культура. ..." - MasterАdmin (из переписки)

[quote=GabCNesbitt]

Who do you hate and why? Let's not be PC here. Just immigrants in general, or a particular group?

Source: BBC - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/lanc ... 580874.stm

Refused asylum seven times?! Yet he does this sort of thing? Funny how we

Quote Originally Posted by Wowik
    Тут читал статью по-русски про Южную Африку. В ней негров назвали афроамериканцами.

А как в Америке принято называть афроафриканцев?
    Знаешь, я тоже так однажды подумал: "как их называть"?

Но это же естественно, либо "South African", "Kenyan", и т.п., либо "черный".

DDT...didn't you know? The entire establishment of the state of Israel was a crime against humanity.
    I hope you are not joking because it is true.
    You are entitled to your opinion, but there are enough people who do not care what you think. :P
    Fine with me. You have your opinion, and I have mine.
    Yeah, Israel rules . Israel is so brave, as long as America supports it... Send all the Jews over there! What are they doing in other countries? They should go to their homeland. I bet they don't want to go there, huh? Oh, they can defend Israel, as long they are not there. So, their "patriotism" is all talk... Phony, phony, phony. (Moderated. L.)
    I thought you'd suggest to destroy Israel and bring all Israelis here.
    Nope. Destroy Israel ... (Moderated. L.)
    Well, I don't know what to say. I want to say thanks to the Academy, to Mama, to Papa and to my dog. I love you all.

Почтенный гражданин
    Знаешь, я тоже так однажды подумал: "как их называть"?

Но это же естественно, либо "South African", "Kenyan", и т.п., либо "черный".
    How should I call (Moderated. L.) asians? in America? I mean politically correct of course.

Почтенный гражданин

Nope. Destroy Israel ... (Moderated. L.)
    Мне еврейские девушки нравятся некоторые.

Почтенный гражданин
    Топег удался. Модер не перегрейся.

модер уже ответила на твой вопрос!

Lampada:
    Why are my posts the only ones that are being so-called "moderated"? And, what about freedom of speech, anyway? Does it exist in here?

Завсегдатай
    А почему никто не говорит про политическую коррекность в России? Это оригинальная причина темы, не так ли?

Information for those who still don't understand Political Correctness

http://www.encyclopediadramatica.com/in ... orrectness

"Incorrect: "This homework assignment is so gay!"
    Correct: "This homework assignment is so lame/boring/Homosexual-American/etc.!""

Да это пустяки, но за заботу - спасибо.
    "...Важно, чтобы форум оставался местом, объединяющим людей, для которых интересны русский язык и культура. ..." - MasterАdmin (из переписки)

Увлечённый спикер
    [quote=kalinka_vinnie][quote=GabCNesbitt][quote="kalinka_vinnie":3f3sa5cu]Ok, GabCNesbitt, let's talk about your problems.

Who do you hate and why? Let's not be PC here. Just immigrants in general, or a particular group?[/quote]

Source: BBC - [url="http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/lancashire/3580874.stm"]http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/lanc ... 580874.stm[/url]

Refused asylum seven times?! Yet he does this sort of thing? Funny how we
    Russia is a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma.

Winston Churchill

Завсегдатай
    "This homework assignment is so lame/boring/Homosexual-American/etc.!""
    As an uninteresting person who can't walk, I find this offensive!

Властелин

You are not going to start a support group session, are you?
    I've got a TV, and I'm not afraid to use it

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast