Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Political Correctness

Quote Originally Posted by Ramil
    PC sucks!
    It brings up a society of hypocrites. Does it really matter if I say 'gay' or 'queer'? I think the same of him. And have an attitude of my own.
    So, whose problems are this? Mine or of the man (or woman) who takes offence? I have a right to dislike any man or social group. I have a right to speak openly of my feelings. Isn't that about freedom of speech (and of thought for that matter)?
    If somebody dislikes my sayings - that's just too bad. If some anglo-saxon southern republican of a high rank says "afro-american" he thinks "n!gger". That won't going change even by forcing him to use politically correct terms. In time, new terms will be needed since the current ones are going to have that same pejorative meanings.
    Every man has an absolute and undisputed right to say what he wants where he wants and when he wants. Otherwise, democracy ends right here and now.
    Nobody is forcing you to like someone you don't like. If we look aside of your ignorant prejudices, because that is what they are, there are many reasons why you should be PC in public places. Take work for example, if you go around spreading your hatred for, say, left-handed people calling them "mother f--king lefties!", do you think they would want to work around you anymore? No. So they quit and you are happy, good for you! However, the company you work for relies on these people who are in no way responsible for what they are (be they left-handed, jews, blacks, gringos, women, etc.) for work. Your crazy attitudes hurt the company. Therefore YOU are the one who should be fired. Now if you would just control your hatred and be PC, you could all work for the same company and business would flourish. That is the whole business imperative of PC.

Anyway, I don't see why you want to openly insult people, even if you don't like him (esp. for no other reason than his skin color, for example). Freedom of speech wasn't invented for people to be rude to each other, does the insulted person really have to beat you up for you to understand that?
    Hei, rett norsken min og du er død.
    I am a notourriouse misspeller. Be easy on me.
    Пожалуйста! Исправляйте мои глупые ошибки (но оставьте умные)!
    Yo hablo español mejor que tú.
    Trusnse kal'rt eturule sikay!!! ))

Politically correct phrases:
    http://www.pcphrases.com/
    Well, I don't know what to say. I want to say thanks to the Academy, to Mama, to Papa and to my dog. I love you all.

PC in action.
    (This joke was posted by Lampada a while back):
    В американской булочной:
    - Мне батон и полчерного! Извиняюсь, половинку афробуханки!
    Well, I don't know what to say. I want to say thanks to the Academy, to Mama, to Papa and to my dog. I love you all.

Увлечённый спикер

Re: Political Correctness

[quote=GabCNesbitt][quote=Dagest][quote=GabCNesbitt][quote=Dagest][quote=GabCNesbitt]I would normally put this in the political forum, but since it permeates through to every aspect of moden day life in the West, I thought it belongs here.

I heard the news today, oh boy, (enough of The Beatles), but it
    One day, when I write brilliant Russian I will put some Russian text here. However, I can't promise that it will be in anyway witty.

Please correct my Russian. I implore you fellow human.

DDT
    I have given up the Gambling, the Wine and the Cows!.. I'm in St Petersburg Russia
    Lets get one thing straight here!

PC is really just another word for Lefty Liberal Concepts. Those that support being PC are generally (note to all: I said generally) Ultra Left Wing in their politics. Those that don't support it are generally further to the Right. It is pretty obvious that Daget has figured this out by his attack on Gabcnesbitt.

So what this is all really boils down to is politics, as usual, and the Loony Left jump at any and every opportunity to smear and belittle anyone who even whispers their discontent with political correctness or any other hippy, new age, feel good drivel imposed on the rest of us, as Satan worshipping baby killers.

Well, there is only one way to fight this insanity and that is to fight fire with fire.
    So, Dagest....go schmuk yourself! And please don't emmigrate to Australia, it is fvked up enough thgere already.

And Gabcnesbitt, if you are really an anti-semite as Adoc thinks then I can't support you because I proudly support Israel.

Ramil: I loved your post!!
    Let me be a free man, free to travel, free to stop, free to work, free to trade where I choose, free to choose my own teachers, free to follow the religion of my fathers, free to talk, think and act for myself. - Chief Joseph, Nez Perce

Увлечённый спикер
    Quote Originally Posted by DDT
    Lets get one thing straight here!

PC is really just another word for Lefty Liberal Concepts. Those that support being PC are generally (note to all: I said generally) Ultra Left Wing in their politics. Those that don't support it are generally further to the Right. It is pretty obvious that Daget has figured this out by his attack on Gabcnesbitt.

So what this is all really boils down to is politics, as usual, and the Loony Left jump at any and every opportunity to smear and belittle anyone who even whispers their discontent with political correctness or any other hippy, new age, feel good drivel imposed on the rest of us, as Satan worshipping baby killers.

Well, there is only one way to fight this insanity and that is to fight fire with fire.
    So, Dagest....go schmuk yourself! And please don't emmigrate to Australia, it is fvked up enough thgere already.

And Gabcnesbitt, if you are really an anti-semite as Adoc thinks then I can't support you because I proudly support Israel.

Ramil: I loved your post!!
    I don't recall defending PC. I objected to the assertion that immigrants are flooding the country. In my opinion the ultra-left would defend free speech above all else (I'm not talking about Stalinists here). History has taught us that it's the Right who have the bigger problem with free speech. PC in this country had been intiated by the New Labour clique, who are far removed from the ultra-left. PC is nothing but a New Labour gloss, which likes to pretend that social divisions don't exist.

I wouldn't move to Australia as I hear it has a real racism problem.
    One day, when I write brilliant Russian I will put some Russian text here. However, I can't promise that it will be in anyway witty.

Please correct my Russian. I implore you fellow human.

Quote Originally Posted by kalinka_vinnie
    PC sucks!
    It brings up a society of hypocrites. Does it really matter if I say 'gay' or 'queer'? I think the same of him. And have an attitude of my own.
    So, whose problems are this? Mine or of the man (or woman) who takes offence? I have a right to dislike any man or social group. I have a right to speak openly of my feelings. Isn't that about freedom of speech (and of thought for that matter)?
    If somebody dislikes my sayings - that's just too bad. If some anglo-saxon southern republican of a high rank says "afro-american" he thinks "n!gger". That won't going change even by forcing him to use politically correct terms. In time, new terms will be needed since the current ones are going to have that same pejorative meanings.
    Every man has an absolute and undisputed right to say what he wants where he wants and when he wants. Otherwise, democracy ends right here and now.
    Nobody is forcing you to like someone you don't like. If we look aside of your ignorant prejudices, because that is what they are, there are many reasons why you should be PC in public places. Take work for example, if you go around spreading your hatred for, say, left-handed people calling them "mother f--king lefties!", do you think they would want to work around you anymore? No. So they quit and you are happy, good for you! However, the company you work for relies on these people who are in no way responsible for what they are (be they left-handed, jews, blacks, gringos, women, etc.) for work. Your crazy attitudes hurt the company. Therefore YOU are the one who should be fired. Now if you would just control your hatred and be PC, you could all work for the same company and business would flourish. That is the whole business imperative of PC.

Anyway, I don't see why you want to openly insult people, even if you don't like him (esp. for no other reason than his skin color, for example). Freedom of speech wasn't invented for people to be rude to each other, does the insulted person really have to beat you up for you to understand that?
    Kalinka, I was afraid some people would think of me as of a man full of ignorant prejudices. I deliberately exaggerated things a little in order to emboss the futility of any PC policy. PC won't going to change people's attitudes and thoughts. PC will push the hatred and prejudices deeper and shield it with the mask of hypocrisy. That's going to boil more and more until it explodes and a man will take his gun and shoot several innocent girls in a school. I'm not a prejudiced man, Kalinka, I just defend those who are. Personally, I prefer people who hate me to say it right into my face.
    Send me a PM if you need me.

Почтенный гражданин
    PC is about not marginalizing people -- consists in "minding one's manners."

But I wouldn't try to deal with PIC except case by case -- preemption is a bit futile. Legal codification and generalization, and concrete-ization, in an area so touchy and fluxy is a bit of a lost cause.

That said...and to change gears...

DDT...didn't you know? The entire establishment of the state of Israel was a crime against humanity.
    исправьте мои ошибки :P

... , I prefer people who hate me to say it right into my face.
    "...Важно, чтобы форум оставался местом, объединяющим людей, для которых интересны русский язык и культура. ..." - MasterАdmin (из переписки)

DDT...didn't you know? The entire establishment of the state of Israel was a crime against humanity.
    I hope you are not joking because it is true.

Почтенный гражданин
    Oh yeah.

Here, DDT:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=SShRR7sInsc

Suicide bombings are despicable...but helicopters/airplanes/tanks and rifles have the same effect.

There are Palestianians and Zionists who will burn side by side in hell.

Почтенный гражданин
    Not joking, Charlestonian. Edited out the smileys just to make sure my point is made!

Quote Originally Posted by charlestonian
    You are entitled to your opinion, but there are enough people who do not care what you think. :P
    "...Важно, чтобы форум оставался местом, объединяющим людей, для которых интересны русский язык и культура. ..." - MasterАdmin (из переписки)

Quote Originally Posted by Lampada
    You are entitled to your opinion, but there are enough people who do not care what you think. :P
    Fine with me. You have your opinion, and I have mine.

Властелин
    [quote=GabCNesbitt]

I
    I've got a TV, and I'm not afraid to use it

Kalinka, I was afraid some people would think of me as of a man full of ignorant prejudices. I deliberately exaggerated things a little in order to emboss the futility of any PC policy. PC won't going to change people's attitudes and thoughts. PC will push the hatred and prejudices deeper and shield it with the mask of hypocrisy. That's going to boil more and more until it explodes and a man will take his gun and shoot several innocent girls in a school. I'm not a prejudiced man, Kalinka, I just defend those who are. Personally, I prefer people who hate me to say it right into my face.
    That's where you are wrong, PC IS helping people's attitudes and thoughts. But first let me say that a person filled with hatred has some serious personal problems and needs help. Hatred is a very strong emotion and is very dangerous. I think people who say 'I hate such and such' really don't understand what they are saying. If you seriously hate gay people or chinese or whatever, then you should seek help. If not, you'll probably end up as a skinhead and attack random people on the street. Oh, the freedom of speech and thought!

Why is PC helping? Because it forces you to think twice of what you say, it teaches you respect for your fellow humans. Heck, wasn't this all your beloved communism all about, being good to "the humanity"? If you think that spreading hatred and insults is a civilized way of living and going to make your problems go away, you, sir, are delusional.

Anyway, PC is not a law, do as you like. Call black people for 'n!ggers' if you like, we'll see how far your prejudices will get you. I, personally, am glad that I can go to work and not be ridiculed for being blond (f.ex.). I am so much more productive that way!

Lastly, regardless of immigration, we are living in a world that is becoming more global by the minute. If you are an American and hate pink commie bastards and keeping professing your beliefs that all Russians are commies (like someone on this board), you are just going to spread resentment, anger and lose respect. All educated people know that people are different, have different beliefs and have different prejudices. There is no reason why you should be more right than others.

Can't we just all get along?

Увлечённый спикер
    [quote=adoc][quote=GabCNesbitt]

I
    Russia is a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma.

Winston Churchill

Ok, GabCNesbitt, let's talk about your problems.

Who do you hate and why? Let's not be PC here. Just immigrants in general, or a particular group?

Quote Originally Posted by Lampada
    Fine with me. You have your opinion, and I have mine.
    Yeah, Israel rules . Israel is so brave, as long as America supports it... Send all the Jews over there! What are they doing in other countries? They should go to their homeland. I bet they don't want to go there, huh? Oh, they can defend Israel, as long they are not there. So, their "patriotism" is all talk... Phony, phony, phony. (Moderated. L.)

Почтенный гражданин
    Phony, phony, phony. (Moderated. L.) !

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast