Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree89Likes

Thread: Local people comment what happened in Mariupol at 9th May (video) + related

Почётный участник
    Quote Originally Posted by eisenherz View Post
    Do you honestly think any person in this referendum could have openly been against the 'separation' and vote 'pro-Kiev' without fear for his safety?
    I do.
    It's only Right Sector that knifes people because of their opinion.
    UhOhXplode likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanna View Post
    Ok, the question is, how many percent participated, how honest was the vote counting etc...?
    This to me seems less clearcut than Crimea.
    It very much appears like those who are against self determination did not bother voting. The question is how many were that?
    A good video about that:

BappaBa, Hanna and UhOhXplode like this.
    Please, correct my mistakes, except for the cases I misspell something on purpose!

"his country" ? Aren't you Russian? Or are you Ukrainian?
    It’s a kind of Freudian slip. You may probably need to read “this” instead of “his”. By the way, who do you believe is in charge of everything in Russia? As far as the second part of your question, it’s enough to say that I’m “pro-Russian” but I’d rather observe events from the bird’s-eye position in order not to fall under the bad influence of unscrupulous propaganda machine of any side.)))

I too think he should continue to push for federalization. Politically it's definitely the thing to do.
    You should be fully aware that federalization is just one small step from “the abyss of separation”. Even the smallest argument among the provinces might ignite the urge toward independence for some of them, with all the state institutions ready for such fast-track splitting. I’m curious, are you really ready to recommend such a dangerous game plan for Ukraine? What about its territorial integrity?))

But on the other hand, I wouldn't lose any sleep if Russia annexed either. That would teach the USA once and for all, about the price of engineering coup d'etats in Europe. I mean, if they can do this in Ukraine, who in Europe is next?

What do most people in Russia think he should do?
    Most Russians think what media tell them to think. As for me, Putin should think first and foremost about Russians in Russia, namely, how to avoid any involvement of regular troops to the conflict, escape further sanctions from the west, and bargain as much as possible political concessions from Poroshenko in exchange for cheaper Russian gas.

But I don't think he should bring Crimea back to Ukraine. They don't deserve it.
    Hanna likes this.

Hanna
    Quote Originally Posted by diogen_ View Post
    You should be fully aware that federalization is just one small step from “the abyss of separation”. Even the smallest argument among the provinces might ignite the urge toward independence for some of them, with all the state institutions ready for such fast-track splitting. I’m curious, are you really ready to recommend such a dangerous game plan for Ukraine? What about its territorial integrity?))
    Great post, but I don't know why federalization should be such a threat to Kiev?
    Lots of countries are federations and nobody is suggesting they are about to split up.. The USA, Switzerland with its cantons that have great independence, Germany more or less where some areas are run very differently from others and the UK functions as a federal state with local governments in Edinburgh, Cardiff and Belfast and the central government in London.

It seems like a sensible way to keep a country together, despite the fact that different parts of the country have different interests.

Старший оракул
    but I don't know why federalization should be such a threat to Kiev?
    From what I heard Ukrainian politicians say, in essence - it's easier for Russia to eat the Ukraine up bit by bit.

Just because they are not well educated, that doesn't mean they should put up with everything the central government wants to do!
    Surely they have the same right as educated people to look after their best interests.
    А вот пример образованных украинцев стремящих к европейским ценностям.

27 ноября 2013г., еще кровь не пролилась. И требования у них скромные: повесить русских.
    Они же дети, да, Лампада?

Quote Originally Posted by BappaBa View Post
    ...Они же дети, да, Лампада?
    Не буду смотреть, потому что не хочу расстраиваться. Ты, очевидно, приветствуешь раздувание ненависти в этом конфликте, если готов даже детей записать во враги. Давай, давай, далеко пойдёшь.

З.Ы.: Когда у тебя появляются личные претензии ко мне, пожалуйста, пиши в личку.
    "...Важно, чтобы форум оставался местом, объединяющим людей, для которых интересны русский язык и культура. ..." - MasterАdmin (из переписки)

Hanna
    It seems like everyone at that school is expected to support the new government in Kiev.

But in school, as a teenager - almost nobody has the strength to go against school expectation, or against the opinion of peers. I recall going along with all sorts of manifestations - occasionally contradicting - because of peer pressure and social expectations. There's probably no group that's easier to manipulate and stir up for a cause.
    Lampada likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lampada View Post
    Не буду смотреть, потому что не хочу расстраиваться.
    That's just the best reply ever. Reminds me of a certain animal... You know the one that digs its head right into the sand if it feels frightened...

Because if we don't see something it doesn't exit, does it?
    I do not claim that my opinion is absolutely true.
    If you've spotted any mistake in my English, please, correct it. I want to be aware of any mistakes to efficiently eliminate them before they become a habit.

Почётный участник
    I recall going along with all sorts of manifestations - occasionally contradicting - because of peer pressure and social expectations.
    Were there appeals to kill someone (maybe representatives of some nation) on those manifestations????

Властелин
    Took them so little time to bring the "right people" in there =((

By the way, if the teacher tells them what to wear and threatens them with prison for being "non-conformant", it's her who's living in a fascist state, whether it's real or imaginary. For the definition of a fascist state is close to "absolutely oppressive totalitarian dictatorship with full control over people's will". And it has nothing to do with nazism, nazis or any past wars, fascist state prototypes still exist on this planet.

And that Magadan thing... Sounded totally horrible and disgusting in that context, but it reminded me of a soviet joke (sad one) --- "Q. What's the biggest country of the world? A. Ukraine. Its western borders are in the middle Europe, and its prisons are a strait away from Alaska." ... History repeats itself...

Замечательные родители всегда получаются из политических активистов - готовы использовать своих детей как инструмент для любых , даже мелких провокаций, лишь бы хоть малюсенький камешек в сторону противника кинуть.

Очередная дочь офицера. Напоминает #sochiproblems. Вот ещё из той же серии:

Please, correct my mistakes, except for the cases I misspell something on purpose!

Quote Originally Posted by iCake View Post
    That's just the best reply ever. Reminds me of a certain animal...
    Это старый известный прием либералов. Быстренько соскочить с неудобного момента, и перейти на личность оппонента.

Не буду смотреть, потому что не хочу расстраиваться. Ты, очевидно, приветствуешь раздувание ненависти в этом конфликте, если готов даже детей записать во враги. Давай, давай, далеко пойдёшь.
    Сразу создается впечатление, что меня ждет большая карьера фашиста, а те просто "анижедети". Браво!
    iCake and lodka like this.

Всё, как в сказке: чем дальше, тем страшней.
    "...Важно, чтобы форум оставался местом, объединяющим людей, для которых интересны русский язык и культура. ..." - MasterАdmin (из переписки)

Ukraine submits proof of Russian covert action

Separatists May Be Exaggerating Ukraine Referendum Turnout By 300%

I see Russian SPETSNAZ equipped 'separatists' and cities that had 30% of the normal voting stations open.

Go home Vlad, you're drunk.
    I'm easily amused late at night...

If that's true, it's not unusual, even in our country. Some kids in the US have been bullied by teachers and students to the point of suicide.
    If it's not true then using kids as political tools is probably the worst thing a "human" can do.

@ Basil77. I'm still trying to image President Putin as a Berkut fighter on the Maidan in Kiev...

Quote Originally Posted by capecoddah View Post

I see Russian SPETSNAZ equipped 'separatists' and cities that had 30% of the normal voting stations open.

1. The director of the CIA admitted that the CIA was working closely with the interim government in Kiev to "restore order in Ukraine". That was the same day the Ukrainian military was sent to attack ethnic Russians.
    2. So if the ethnic Russians really did get any advice from Russia, good on them.
    3. Ethnic Russians dressing and acting like ethnic Russians... I'm so surprised... not.
    4. The RPG-27 looks a lot like the RPG-30. And I'm never surprised when weapons appear where they maybe shouldn't be. The US left a ton of weapons in Iraq, Afghanistan, Kuwait, and other countries.
    5. Forget the who's who. Their "evidence" wouldn't survive a budget-priced lawyer in court.

Forbes is a decent magazine but they do allow total nutjobs to publish commentaries sometimes... Nobody's perfect.
    Btw, I bookmarked both articles and stored them in my comics folder.
    Go home EurActive and Forbes, you're both drunk.
    Лучше смерть, чем бесчестие! Тем временем: Вечно молодой, Вечно пьяный. - Смысловые Галлюцинации, Чартова дюжина 2015!
    Пожалуйста, исправьте мои ошибки. Спасибо.

Hanna

At this point I don't think anyone cares.

Would you want to be part of a country where citizens are burned alive because of what language they speak, where there are statues of known Nazis and where the military shoots into a crowd, on Peace Day?!
    Where citizens are being attacked from the air by UN flagged helicopters. Where there is a coup d'etat sponsored by the USA every 5-10 years, the country is going bankrupt, and anything worth having is sold to foreign interests while the average income is a few 100 USD per month.

I'd take my chances with almost anything else, if I was them.
    iCake likes this.

(Deleted. L.) For your information "Vlad" is diminutive for "Vladislav". Diminutives for "Vladimir" are "Vova" and "Volodya". And for those who think that diminutive "Slava" is for "Vladislav" it's wrong. "Slava" goes for "Vyacheslav".
    (Deleted. L.)
    Last edited by Lampada; May 17th, 2014 at 01:13 AM. Reason: Грубый наезд вытерт. Такое здесь абсолютно неприемлемо.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast