Thread: повесточку вам, не могли бы подойти?

повесточку вам, не могли бы подойти?

Здравствуйте!
    Что значит "повесточку вам, не могли бы подойти?"?

Большое спасибо!!

Миша достал коробок и стал засовывать спички в замок.
    – Всё, снимаю я белые перчатки. Значит, они грабить могут и убивать, а мы должны по закону? «Будьте любезны, повесточку вам, не могли бы подойти?» Да пошли они… Сейчас, гад, ты у меня сам двери откроешь. Всё, пошли, Андрюха, часика через три подойдём, всё в ажуре будет, вот увидишь.
    Спустя три часа Петров с Кивиновым вернулись в подъезд.
    Кому - нары, кому - Канары.

повестка is an official document that obligates someone to come to a court, a police station, or any other government institution. It's like summons order
    I do not claim that my opinion is absolutely true.
    If you've spotted any mistake in my English, please, correct it. I want to be aware of any mistakes to efficiently eliminate them before they become a habit.

повестка - notification for a person to come to the police investigator for an interrogation. After reception of that notification the person is obliged by law to visit police department.
    "Россия для русских" - это неправильно. Остальные-то чем лучше?

Quote Originally Posted by it-ogo View Post
    повестка - notification for a person to come to the police investigator for an interrogation. After reception of that notification the person is obliged by law to visit police department.
    That does not necessarily deal with the police, it can deal with a court or with army drafting, or any other government institution.

As I said above, повестка looks to be just summons
    I do not claim that my opinion is absolutely true.
    If you've spotted any mistake in my English, please, correct it. I want to be aware of any mistakes to efficiently eliminate them before they become a habit.

Banned
    Just note that in the context Миша is very upset because he required to be "too kind" with criminals and he kinda mocks his possible actions «Будьте любезны, повесточку вам, не могли бы подойти?» - "Here is the subpoena, could you please come if you would be so kind ". In reality nobody would ask you "to be so kind" and "could you please come" because subpoena requires you to come and ignoring it is punishable by law.