Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Комментарий в автобусе туристов 2

Комментарий в автобусе туристов 2

1. As you may already know, our local currency is called the ringgit or abbreviated as RM or Ringgit Malaysia. RM1 = 100 sens, like 1 ruble = 100 Kopecks.
    Как вы уже знаете, наши валюта називается гингит или RM или гингит малайзии. Один гингит - сто цен, похож один рубль - сто копеек.

2. RM1 is approximately 7 rubles. And US$1 is approximately RM3.20.
    Один рингит приблизительно семь рублей. И один доллар приблизительно три рингита двадцать ценов.

3. The smallest coin is 1 sen which is no longer in use.
    Самый маленький монета один цен, тепер не пользуются.

4. Next is the 5 sen coin, in which you may be able to buy a sweet.
    На следующее монета пять цен, который можете покупать одна конфета.

5. Then we have the 10 sen coin, which you may use to make a local telephone call at the phone booth.
    Потом у нас монета десяти ценов, который можете звонить один телефон на телефонная будка.

6. Following that is the 20 sen coin.
    На следующее монета двадцать ценов.

7. And the largest coin is the 50 sen coin, or half a Ringgit.
    И найболее монета пятьдесять ценов, половина гингитов.

8. We used to have the RM1 coin, but it is no longer legal tender. Nevertheless, if you are lucky you may still see get them as a souvenir.
    Раньше у нас монета один рингит, но тепер ещё нет законных платёжных средств.

9. For the currency notes, the smallest denomination is RM1. You may be able to buy one cup of coffee or tea with it in the local coffee shops.
    На банкноты, Самый маленький банкнот один рингит. Вы можете покупать один кофе или один чай с него в местном кафе.

10. Next is the RM5 note in which you may be able to buy a burger at Macdonald's.
    На следующее банкнот пять рингитов, который можете покупать гамбургер в Макдоналдсе.

11. The next currency is RM10. With it you may be able to go to the movies or a game of bowling, or a mug of beer.
    На следующее банкнот десять рингитов. Вы можете покупать билет в кино или играть один раз в болинг или одна кружка пива.

12. Then we have the RM50 which you may use for an hour of foot massage (reflexology) near the hotel where you are staying.
    Потом у нас пятьдесят рингитов, который можете идём один час ноги массаж около гостиницы где в живёте.

13. The largest currency note is RM100. This will buy you a pretty good body massage.
    Крупный бантнот сто рингитов. Вы можете покупать неплохо массаж тела.
    Find out all about Malaysia here!

Завсегдатай

Re: Комментарий в автобусе туристов 2

Quote Originally Posted by tohca
    1. As you may already know, our local currency is called the ringgit or abbreviated as RM or Ringgit Malaysia. RM1 = 100 sens, like 1 ruble = 100 Kopecks.
    Как вы уже знаете, наша валюта называется рингит или сокращённо RM или малазийский рингит. Один рингит - это сто цен, так же, как один рубль это сто копеек.

2. RM1 is approximately 7 rubles. And US$1 is approximately RM3.20.
    Один рингит равен приблизительно семи рублям. А один доллар - приблизительно три рингита двадцать ценов.

3. The smallest coin is 1 sen which is no longer in use.
    Самая маленькая монета - один цен - теперь не используются.

4. Next is the 5 sen coin, in which you may be able to buy a sweet.
    На следующем месте монета в пять цен, на которую вы можете купить конфету.

5. Then we have the 10 sen coin, which you may use to make a local telephone call at the phone booth.
    Далее - монета в десять ценов, с которой вы можете сделать один звонок из телефонной будки.

6. Following that is the 20 sen coin.
    Далее следует монета в двадцать ценов.

И наиболее крупная монета - монета в пятьдесят_ ценов или пол рингита.

8. We used to have the RM1 coin, but it is no longer legal tender. Nevertheless, if you are lucky you may still see get them as a souvenir.
    Раньше у нас была в обращении монета в один рингит, но теперь она официально не в ходу.

9. For the currency notes, the smallest denomination is RM1. You may be able to buy one cup of coffee or tea with it in the local coffee shops.
    Что касается банкнот, то самая маленькая банкнота это один рингит. Вы можете купить на неё чашку чая или кофе в местном кафе.

10. Next is the RM5 note in which you may be able to buy a burger at Macdonald's.
    На следующем месте банкнота в пять рингитов, на которую вы можете купить гамбургер в Макдоналдсе.

11. The next currency is RM10. With it you may be able to go to the movies or a game of bowling, or a mug of beer.
    Далее банкнота в десять рингитов. Вы можете купить на неё билет в кино, сыграть один раз в боулинг или купить кружку пива.

12. Then we have the RM50 which you may use for an hour of foot massage (reflexology) near the hotel where you are staying.
    За пятьдесят рингитов около вашего отеля вам могут делать массаж ног в течение часа.

13. The largest currency note is RM100. This will buy you a pretty good body massage.
    Самая ценная банкнота - сто рингитов. На эти деньги вам сделают прекрасный массаж всего тела
    Хороший в Малайзии способ измерения богатсва.
    Сколько у тебя денег?
    Ну, где-то на три часа массажа тела и ещё на массаж одной ноги в течение получаса... и ещё останется на кофе с конфеткой.
    Я так думаю.

Завсегдатай
    "Сенов", не "цен". Один сен, два сена, пять сенов, десять сенов и т.д.

Quote Originally Posted by Leof
    Сколько у тебя денег?
    Ну, где-то на три часа массажа тела и ещё на массаж одной ноги в течение получаса... и ещё останется на кофе с конфеткой.
    Thanks for the wonderful correction and translation.

Let me try to translate what you wrote. Please correct my mistakes.

It's good to be in Malaysia considering the cost of living there.

Сколько у тебя денег?
    How much money do you have?

Well, somewhere for a 3 hour body massage and another half an hour of foot massage. And still have enough for coffee and some sweets.
    (Don't really understand this last sentence).

Quote Originally Posted by translations.nm.ru
    The Malaysian sen was actually derived from dollar and cents. So perhaps it should be цент, цента и центов?

Завсегдатай
    Quote Originally Posted by translations.nm.ru
    The Malaysian sen was actually derived from dollar and cents. So perhaps it should be цент, цента и центов?
    Nope. American cent is "цент" in Russian, but Malaysian sen is "сен". Well, I think using "цент" wouldn't be too much of a mistake either... But traditionally, when we translate names of foreign monetary units, we try to keep them as close to the source language as possible. For example, 1/100 of a peso in some Latin American currencies is called centavo. In Russian, it is always "сентаво", not a cent.

Завсегдатай
    И наиболее крупная монета - монета в пятьдесят сенов или полрингита.
    In Russian, all nationalities and their corresponding languages start with a lower-case letter.

Спасибо.

Завсегдатай

Сколько у тебя денег?
    Thanks for the wonderful correction and translation.

Let me try to translate what you wrote. Please correct my mistakes.

It's good to be in Malaysia considering the cost of living there.

Сколько у тебя денег?
    How much money do you have?

Well, somewhere for a 3 hour body massage and another half an hour of foot massage. And still have enough for coffee and some sweets.
    (Don't really understand this last sentence).
    You are welcome!
    You translated almost right.
    The way of measuring of one's wealth in Malasia is nice!

THe last sentence means that the Malasian (or the tourists in Malasia can count how much money they have by knowing how much time of the massage they can have. 326 RM and 5 sen - I counted the corect summ.
    Я так думаю.

THe last sentence means that the Malasian (or the tourists in Malasia can count how much money they have by knowing how much time of the massage they can have. 326 RM and 5 sen - I counted the corect summ.
    Do you think it's ok to use the examples I quoted of what one can buy with the various amounts of money? It just as a reference as to the worth of the various monetary units. As I do not know what the prices are like in Moscow, would appreciate if you can tell me what it would cost for those items I mentioned. It's not how much one has but what those units can purchase.

Comparisons are very useful to give one a feeling a strange place as compared to home.

Завсегдатай
    No. Your examples were fine! They were in one informative (usefull like coffee or hamburger), humorous (when you compare the massages) and what the most important - bined with the local traditions (the samples with masssage work fine again).

I think if I were in your bus I'd like your comments.

Comparisons. Well, the cup of the coffee in the usual cofferestarant here costs about 80-100 rubles. Ten rubles costs the liquid shit in the plastic cup in the chippy cafes. The vojage in the street toilet usually costs 10 rubles.
    Я так думаю.

No. Your examples were fine! They were in one informative (usefull like coffee or hamburger), humorous (when you compare the massages) and what the most important - bined with the local traditions (the samples with masssage work fine again).

I think if I were in your bus I'd like your comments.

Comparisons. Well, the cup of the coffee in the usual cofferestarant here costs about 80-100 rubles. Ten rubles costs the liquid @@@@ in the plastic cup in the chippy cafes. The vojage in the street toilet usually costs 10 rubles.
    Thanks for your comments. Wow, it sure is very costly in Moscow, especially the use of public toilets. Here it's usually 20 sens or slightly over a ruble, and many large supermarkets /departmental stores provide very clean toilets FOC.

How do I best translate the following sentence to Russian:

1. Most public toilets cost 20 sens to per use.
    My guess:
    большинство публичный туалет стоит двадцать сенов использовать.

2. Nevertheless, if you are lucky you may still get them as a souvenir.
    My guess:
    Тем не менее, если вы удачный, вы можете достан их на сувениры.

Завсегдатай
    1. Most public toilets cost 20 sens to per use.
    My guess:
    Большинство публичных туалетов стоят двадцать сенов за вход.
    Or:
    В большинстве публичных туалетов с вас возьмут 20 сенов за вход.

My guess:

Give us more context please
    In Russian, all nationalities and their corresponding languages start with a lower-case letter.

Quote Originally Posted by Оля
    My guess:

Give us more context please
    This was from the earlier posting, which was not complete:
    Раньше у нас была в обращении монета в один рингит, но теперь она официально не в ходу.

Завсегдатай
    Но если вам повезёт, вы сможете добыть такую монетку в качестве сувенира.

Quote Originally Posted by Оля
    Но если вам повезёт, вы сможете добыть такую монетку в качестве сувенира.
    Thanks Оля.

какие гласние под ударением?

I hope someone can help me to put the correct stress marks on the following:

Как вы уже знаете, наша валюта называется рингит или сокращённо RM или малазийский рингит. Один рингит - это сто сенов, так же, как один рубль это сто копеек

Один рингит равен приблизительно семи рублям. А один доллар - приблизительно три рингита двадцать сенов.

Самая маленькая монета - один сен - теперь не используются.

На следующем месте монета в пять сенов, на которую вы можете купить конфету.

Далее - монета в десять сенов, с которой вы можете сделать один звонок из телефонной будки.

Далее следует монета в двадцать сенов. В большинстве публичных туалетов с вас возьмут 20 сенов за вход.

Раньше у нас была в обращении монета в один рингит, но теперь она официально не в ходу. Но если вам повезёт, вы сможете добыть такую монетку в качестве сувенира.

Что касается банкнот, то самая маленькая банкнота это один рингит. Вы можете купить на неё чашку чая или кофе в местном кафе.

На следующем месте банкнота в пять рингитов, на которую вы можете купить гамбургер в Макдоналдсе.

Далее банкнота в десять рингитов. Вы можете купить на неё билет в кино, сыграть один раз в боулинг или купить кружку пива.

За пятьдесят рингитов около вашего отеля вам могут делать массаж ног в течение часа.

Самая ценная банкнота - сто рингитов. На эти деньги вам сделают прекрасный массаж всего тела

Завсегдатай

Re: какие гласние под ударением?

Как вы уже знаете, наша валюта называется рингит, или сокращённо RM, или малазийский рингит. Один рингит - это сто сенов, так же, как один рубль - это сто копеек

Один рингит равен приблизительно семи рублям. А один доллар - приблизительно три рингита двадцать сенов.

Самая маленькая монета - один сен - теперь не используется.

На следующем месте - монета в пять сенов, на которую вы можете купить конфету.

Далее - монета в десять сенов, с которой вы можете сделать один звонок из телефонной будки.

Далее следует монета в двадцать сенов. В большинстве публичных туалетов с вас возьмут 20 сенов за вход.

Раньше у нас была в обращении монета в один рингит, но теперь она официально не в ходу. Но если вам повезёт, вы сможете добыть такую монетку в качестве сувенира.

Что касается банкнот, то самая маленькая банкнота - это один рингит. Вы можете купить на неё чашку чая или кофе в местном кафе.

На следующем месте - банкнота в пять рингитов, на которую вы можете купить гамбургер в Макдоналдсе.

Далее - банкнота в десять рингитов. Вы можете купить на неё билет в кино, сыграть один раз в боулинг или купить кружку пива.

Оля, спасибо за тебя помощь.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast