Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By iCake
  • 1 Post By iCake
  • 1 Post By Lampada

Thread: whole life, inform

whole life, inform

Please some help with the following expressions:
    1. He was sentenced in life imprisonment.
    2. This is insurance contract will be in effect for (all) your whole life or This is a whole life insurance policy (i.e. it will be terminated only in case of your death).
    3. I would like to inform you that your son died on time of duty: My question here is whether I should use: (a) Ya xotel by proinformirovat' or Ya xotel by informirovat'
    4. When I end a letter I want to say: Please don't hesitate to ask for any questions you might have. . I don't want a translation, I just want to use the correct russian way. I think that Russians usually use the expression: обратиться с вопросом
    Чем больше слов, тем меньше они стоят.

1. He was sentenced in life imprisonment. - Его осудили пожизненно - Ему дали пожизненное наказание
    2. This is insurance contract will be in effect for (all) your whole life - Этот страховой контракт (полис) действует пожизненно (в течении всей жизни)
    3. I would like to inform you that your son died on time of duty - the thing is you neither LIKE nor WANT to tell news like that in Russian, otherwise you will sound cruel. I think the better wat would be ---- С сожалением сообщаю, что вас сын умер во время исполнения служебных обязанностей.
    4. Если у вас возникнут какие-нибудь вопросы, (незамедлительно) обращайтесь or something like that
    Antonio1986 likes this.
    I do not claim that my opinion is absolutely true.
    If you've spotted any mistake in my English, please, correct it. I want to be aware of any mistakes to efficiently eliminate them before they become a habit.

Quote Originally Posted by iCake View Post
    1. He was sentenced in life imprisonment. - Его осудили пожизненно - Ему дали пожизненное наказание
    2. This is insurance contract will be in effect for (all) your whole life - Этот страховой контракт (полис) действует пожизненно (в течении всей жизни)
    3. I would like to inform you that your son died on time of duty - the thing is you neither LIKE nor WANT to tell news like that in Russian, otherwise you will sound cruel. I think the better wat would be ---- С сожалением сообщаю, что вас сын умер во время исполнения служебных обязанностей.
    4. Если у вас возникнут какие-нибудь вопросы, (незамедлительно) обращайтесь or something like that
    Спасибо за незамедлительный ответ господин iCake

Quote Originally Posted by iCake View Post
    В течениЕ или в течениИ?

Quote Originally Posted by Antonio1986 View Post
    В течениЕ или в течениИ?
    Sorry, it should have been в течение.

http://pishipravilno.livejournal.com/9383.html
    Antonio1986 likes this.
    I do not claim that my opinion is absolutely true.
    If you've spotted any mistake in my English, please, correct it. I want to be aware of any mistakes to efficiently eliminate them before they become a habit.

Ещё говорят пожизненное заключение. Он приговорён к пожизненному заключению. Ему дали п. з.
    Более формально: пожизненное лишение свободы.
    Antonio1986 likes this.
    "...Важно, чтобы форум оставался местом, объединяющим людей, для которых интересны русский язык и культура. ..." - MasterАdmin (из переписки)