Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 26 of 26

Thread: Russian equivalent for "really"?

  1. #21
    Властелин charlestonian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Local bar
    Posts
    1,477
    Rep Power
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by resilient
    Wow, thanks guys! That really helps. I have another question about a commonly used phrase. I was wondering how do you would translate the phrase "I thought so!"? Is it used as frequently in Russian as it is in English?
    "how do you would"??? Where are you from?
    Well, I don't know what to say. I want to say thanks to the Academy, to Mama, to Papa and to my dog. I love you all.

  2. #22
    Властелин
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Invalid City!
    Posts
    1,352
    Rep Power
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by charlestonian
    Quote Originally Posted by resilient
    Wow, thanks guys! That really helps. I have another question about a commonly used phrase. I was wondering how do you would translate the phrase "I thought so!"? Is it used as frequently in Russian as it is in English?
    "how do you would"??? Where are you from?
    What sort of halfwit gets his kicks hanging around on a language-exchange website waiting for the opportunity to harass anyone who makes a typo?

    (Edited. L.)

    Quite an achievement, considering.

  3. #23
    Властелин charlestonian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Local bar
    Posts
    1,477
    Rep Power
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by scotcher
    Quote Originally Posted by charlestonian
    Quote Originally Posted by resilient
    Wow, thanks guys! That really helps. I have another question about a commonly used phrase. I was wondering how do you would translate the phrase "I thought so!"? Is it used as frequently in Russian as it is in English?
    "how do you would"??? Where are you from?
    What sort of halfwit gets his kicks hanging around on a language-exchange website waiting for the opportunity to harass anyone who makes a typo?

    (Edited. L.)

    Quite an achievement, considering.
    You!
    Well, I don't know what to say. I want to say thanks to the Academy, to Mama, to Papa and to my dog. I love you all.

  4. #24
    Властелин
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Invalid City!
    Posts
    1,352
    Rep Power
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by charlestonian

    You!

    It was rhetorical question, but thanks for another chance to appreciate your rapier wit in action.

  5. #25
    Почтенный гражданин BabaYaga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    610
    Rep Power
    11
    .... so I'll just stick to "Я так и думала", shall I?
    Ой, голова у меня кружится |-P ...... and my brain hurts too....

  6. #26
    Почтенный гражданин
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    The Satellite of Love
    Posts
    719
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by BabaYaga
    .... so I'll just stick to "Я так и думала", shall I?
    Так думаю я.

    "Сейчас без языка нельзя... из тебя шапку сделают..."
    Cogito Ergo Doleo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 11
    Last Post: April 17th, 2010, 12:18 PM
  2. How to say "Bless our home" and "Happy Holidays" in Russian?
    By Ruby Daniels in forum How do you Say... in Russian?
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: December 19th, 2009, 04:29 PM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: August 24th, 2009, 05:10 PM
  4. What's the Russian equivalent for "Joan"?
    By jouna in forum Russian Names
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: November 13th, 2008, 03:04 PM
  5. "Property of" and "Notebook of Russian/Russia
    By SashaT in forum Translate This!
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: April 7th, 2005, 02:46 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Russian Lessons                           

Russian Tests and Quizzes            

Russian Vocabulary