• 1 Post By Lampada

Thread: interested in, might be

interested in, might be

What I know:
    1. Menya interesuet opera.
    2. Ya interesuius' operoi.

What I think I know:
    1. Ya zainteresovan v opere.
    2. On byl zainteresovan kupit' novyi dom.

What I tried to translate and I failed:
    1. "Dear Aleksei, I think I found someone that might be interested in buying out / acquiring your company"
    - My translation: Yvazhaemyi Aleksi, dumaiu, chto ya nashel kogo-to, kotoryi, mozhet byt' zainteresovan v ???

This language is killing me
    Чем больше слов, тем меньше они стоят.

Antonio, don't be so hard on yourself, you're on the right track there, actually you did very well.

Just a few notes:

Я заинтересован в опере - this sounds like you're interested in one particular opera play, whereas:
    Меня интересует опера - sounds like you're just interested in opera as a form of art.

"Dear Aleksei, I think I found someone that might be interested in buying out / acquiring your company"
    "Уважаемый Алексей, думаю, что нашел кое-кого, кто может быть заинтересован в покупке вашей компании"

That's the way to go, a few things to note though.

If you say уважаемый someone it's much better to refer to that someone with not only their first name, but also the patronymic/last name or the combination of all of those three. Anyway, usually it's first name + patronymic

Кое-кого - I used that one instead of кого-то because кое-кого implies that you know exactly who that someone is, whereas кого-то means that you only have a vague idea of who the someone is. Nevertheless you can replace any of those two with человек there - "... нашел человека, который..."

Take care.
    Antonio1986 likes this.
    I do not claim that my opinion is absolutely true.
    If you've spotted any mistake in my English, please, correct it. I want to be aware of any mistakes to efficiently eliminate them before they become a habit.

Как-то всё неопределённо. "кое-кого", "может быть"...
    А что если:
    "Думаю, я нашёл потенциального покупателя вашей компании" .
    Или, если обязательно хочется ввернуть "заинтересованного":
    "Думаю, я нашёл человека, заинтересованного в покупке вашей компании"
    Antonio1986 likes this.
    "Невозможно передать смысл иностранной фразы, не разрушив при этом её первоначальную структуру."

Quote Originally Posted by iCake View Post
    Antonio, don't be so hard on yourself, you're on the right track there, actually you did very well.

Just a few notes:

Я заинтересован в опере - this sounds like you're interested in one particular opera play, whereas:
    Меня интересует опера - sounds like you're just interested in opera as a form of art.

"Dear Aleksei, I think I found someone that might be interested in buying out / acquiring your company"
    "Уважаемый Алексей, думаю, что нашел кое-кого, кто может быть заинтересован в покупке вашей компании"

That's the way to go, a few things to note though.

If you say уважаемый someone it's much better to refer to that someone with not only their first name, but also the patronymic/last name or the combination of all of those three. Anyway, usually it's first name + patronymic

Кое-кого - I used that one instead of кого-то because кое-кого implies that you know exactly who that someone is, whereas кого-то means that you only have a vague idea of who the someone is. Nevertheless you can replace any of those two with человек there - "... нашел человека, который..."

Take care.
    Regarding Yvazhaemyi perhaps Cyprus is the only country we do this.
    Regarding koe-kogo I think I started understand the difference with kto-to.

P.S. By the way I have noticed that this is the first time since the time we enter the forum in Autumn of 2012 that I have more posts that you in the Forum (718 > 716).
    I don't know if this is good or bad.

Почтенный гражданин
    Actually, you are very good at Russian, Antonio. I started to learn Russian again after a long time and I like reading your threads because they are interesting and whenever a native speaker answers a question there is, of course, a lot of common words from everyday speech. Not only you will know correct anwers, but also you will learn common(est) phrases. To me, the more threads the better!
    maxmixiv and Antonio1986 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by George1992 View Post
    Actually, you are very good at Russian, Antonio. I started to learn Russian again after a long time and I like reading your threads because they are interesting and whenever a native speaker answers a question there is, of course, a lot of common words from everyday speech. Not only you will know correct anwers, but also you will learn common(est) phrases. To me, the more threads the better!
    Spasibo za xoroshie slova
    George1992 likes this.

A quick note:

It's better to say:

Спасибо за добрые слова.

But your sentence is still alright, just not that common
    I do not claim that my opinion is absolutely true.
    If you've spotted any mistake in my English, please, correct it. I want to be aware of any mistakes to efficiently eliminate them before they become a habit.

Часто ещё говорят: Ответы@Mail.Ru: Когда говорят: " СПАСИБО НА ДОБРОМ СЛОВЕ"?

Не старайся здесь понять падеж, так как это просто такое сложившееся выражение, устойчивое/устоявшееся словосочетание, застывшая конструкция. Носит разговорный характер.
    Antonio1986 likes this.
    "...Важно, чтобы форум оставался местом, объединяющим людей, для которых интересны русский язык и культура. ..." - MasterАdmin (из переписки)