Thread: Is anybody interested in a swedish pen pal?

Почтенный гражданин

Is anybody interested in a swedish pen pal?

Hi!
    I
    blame Canada

Завсегдатай
    You could talk to V. He's Swedish.

Почтенный гражданин
    Who is V?
    blame Canada

Завсегдатай
    Blonde Scandinavian guy, about yea tall, kinda skinny.

Actually, he's a 16-year old Swede who taught himself Russian grammar in its entirety in only 9 months. He's pretty damn good at Russian. He was driven out by our previous moderator(who "retired"), and I think he lurks around here sometimes, although I assume his Russian has risen to such a heavenly level as to not be in need of us lower beings. He's also completely fluent in English. Reminds me a lot of Jasper, actually, I only recommended him over Jas because he's Swedish too(I'm sure you are fluent in English too but perhaps he could explain things in Swedish if needed). You can contact his MSN at rs247@hotmail.com

Почтенный гражданин
    Well, I bow to thee, my lord. Mercy bow-coo. I've never met V, but given the amount of praise you give him (and the impact he apparently made) I'm not sure if I can be compared to him. Of course you have made me jealous, so tell me, why/in what way was he so good? Was he better than Pravitissimo the Magnificent? What do you mean by 'Russian grammar in its entirety'? Russian grammar isn't that big a deal. It's the vocabulary and idiom that's most important. I mean, even I know all Russian grammar...
    Army Anti-Strapjes
    Nay, mats jar tripes
    Jasper is my Tartan
    I am a trans-Jert spy
    Jerpty Samaritans
    Pijams are tyrants
    Jana Sperm Tit Arsy

Завсегдатай
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasper May
    Well, I bow to thee, my lord. Mercy bow-coo. I've never met V, but given the amount of praise you give him (and the impact he apparently made) I'm not sure if I can be compared to him. Of course you have made me jealous, so tell me, why/in what way was he so good? Was he better than Pravitissimo the Magnificent? What do you mean by 'Russian grammar in its entirety'? Russian grammar isn't that big a deal. It's the vocabulary and idiom that's most important. I mean, even I know all Russian grammar...
    Such a piquant post, and I haven't chanced upon it until today! Oh hun-hun, I do indeed detect a bit of jealousy in your post! Are you vying for my attentions over V? Oh, decisions, decisions!

He didn't really make much impact that I can recall. I can only remember that I was really impressed by his extensive knowledge of grammar - you may know all Russian grammar, but you make mistakes often that show you don't remember all of it. This "fascist Swede", as some might remember him, rarely, if ever, made grammatical mistakes. At the time I believe he was better, but I haven't spoken with him in over 7 months so I don't really know where his Russian stands. Anyhow, Jas-Jas, I'm sure he could acquaint you with himself better than I could, so please do feel free to e-mail him or have a little online chat with him...I'd love to see how things between you two progress...

By the way, how goes the Arabic? Tayyib? If you want, we can resume our correspondence...quite a privilige, really, I mean V doesn't get to correspond with me... Oooh no, am I showing favoritism?

Почтенный гражданин
    Oh hun-hun, I do indeed detect a bit of jealousy in your post!
    Do you really? Nothing gets past you, does it?

Yeah, I know and admit, I do make grammatical mistakes, but hey, I've also got 6 other languages to think about. My bad Russian isn't half as bad as my bad French. But I recall a couple of weeks in which the chudesnoe chetyre also corrected nearly every sentence you wrote.

By the way, how goes the Arabic? Tayyib? If you want, we can resume our correspondence...quite a privilige, really
    I'd be honoured. My Arabic, as you may have expected, hasn't really progressed much - I just can't get those words to stick - so I'll just keep to Russian for now. I've also got a secret weapon now... *grinning mysteriously*
    Army Anti-Strapjes
    Nay, mats jar tripes
    Jasper is my Tartan
    I am a trans-Jert spy
    Jerpty Samaritans
    Pijams are tyrants
    Jana Sperm Tit Arsy

Завсегдатай
    But I recall a couple of weeks in which the chudesnoe chetyre also corrected nearly every sentence you wrote.
    Of course, I have never claimed to know Russian grammar in its entirety

By the way, how goes the Arabic? Tayyib? If you want, we can resume our correspondence...quite a privilige, really
    I'd be honoured.
    My Arabic, as you may have expected, hasn't really progressed much - I just can't get those words to stick
    JASPER! You're the Dutch Wonder who can memorize 50 words a day! What happened there, buddy? Don't worry, I had a problem memorizing Arabic words too, much more so than with Russian. The word roots are just so...foreign.

I've also got a secret weapon now... *grinning mysteriously*
    Eehhh?

Почтенный гражданин
    Well, I am ashamed that I can't get myself to remember those arabic words... Russian's a часть пирога compared to Arabic. But the advantage of course is that when you know a sizable amount of stems, you can form many times as much words just by adding pre-, in- and suffixes.
    Army Anti-Strapjes
    Nay, mats jar tripes
    Jasper is my Tartan
    I am a trans-Jert spy
    Jerpty Samaritans
    Pijams are tyrants
    Jana Sperm Tit Arsy