Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26

Thread: I need to understand how this works...could someone help me?

  1. #1
    Новичок
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    10

    I need to understand how this works...could someone help me?

    Hi!!
    I`m new here and I`m trying really hard to learn Russian, I have no teacher here so I want to be sure that I understand things correctly... could someone of you nice people please do these two exercises for me? I think I get it in a way, but I`m not sure if I`m correct. I would really appreciate your help, thank you!!
    Sweets,
    Jen





  2. #2
    Старший оракул
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    China
    Posts
    860
    Rep Power
    11
    It may just be me, but photobucket is claiming that the image contains errors...?
    Hence I don't know the exact contents, but ... is the reason you're posting jpgs that you don't know how to type in Russian here? Because we really ought to see you try to do the exercises rather than just give the answers.
    Море удачи и дачу у моря

  3. #3
    Moderator Lampada's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    СССР -> США
    Posts
    17,637
    Rep Power
    32

    Re: I need to understand how this works...could someone help

    Quote Originally Posted by Still Numb
    Hi!!
    I`m new here and I`m trying really hard to learn Russian, I have no teacher here so I want to be sure that I understand things correctly... could someone of you nice people please do these two exercises for me? I think I get it in a way, but I`m not sure if I`m correct. I would really appreciate your help, thank you!!
    Sweets,
    Jen
    Jen, welcome!
    Waxwing is right. We'll be glad to help you, but why don't you try to do these exercises first by yourself.
    Do not worry, nobody is here to judge you. Everybody went through knowing nothing in the beginning. (You are welcome to correct my English. )
    "...Важно, чтобы форум оставался местом, объединяющим людей, для которых интересны русский язык и культура. ..." - MasterАdmin (из переписки)



  4. #4
    Guest
    I can`t type in Russian ...my keyboard doesn`t even have the right characters...

  5. #5
    Новичок
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    10
    I can`t type in Russian ...my keyboard doesn`t even have the right characters...

  6. #6
    Moderator Lampada's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    СССР -> США
    Posts
    17,637
    Rep Power
    32
    No problem. You can do it with latinizza.
    E.g.
    #3. a) to, nibud'
    b) nibud' or to (I think it could be either), ___
    v)____, ____
    g)
    and so on
    "...Важно, чтобы форум оставался местом, объединяющим людей, для которых интересны русский язык и культура. ..." - MasterАdmin (из переписки)



  7. #7
    Завсегдатай
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Seventh
    Posts
    4,113
    Rep Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Still Numb
    I can`t type in Russian ...my keyboard doesn`t even have the right characters...
    Then you need to Russify your computer.

    There are numerous threads on it.
    Ingenting kan stoppa mig
    In Post-Soviet Russia internet porn downloads YOU!

  8. #8
    Старший оракул
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    From Ukraine
    Posts
    818
    Rep Power
    11
    Lampada, your English is perfect.
    Vrei să pleci dar nu ma, nu ma iei
    Nu ma, nu ma iei, nu ma, nu ma, nu ma iei
    Chipul tau si dragostea din tei
    Mi-amintesc de ochii tai

  9. #9
    Moderator Lampada's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    СССР -> США
    Posts
    17,637
    Rep Power
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by Евгения Белякова
    Lampada, your English is perfect.
    You are very kind. Thank you. But... I'd love to be corrected or edited if somebody were willing to do it.
    "...Важно, чтобы форум оставался местом, объединяющим людей, для которых интересны русский язык и культура. ..." - MasterАdmin (из переписки)



  10. #10
    Guest
    hey thanks for that...I didn`t know the Russian speakers would understand such writing... (my bad )

    ok, so now I can write it down, could you please check my mistakes?

    a) to, nibud
    b) nibud, nibud
    v) to, to
    g) nibud, to

  11. #11
    Moderator Lampada's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    СССР -> США
    Posts
    17,637
    Rep Power
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    hey thanks for that...I didn`t know the Russian speakers would understand such writing... (my bad )

    ok, so now I can write it down, could you please check my mistakes?

    a) to, nibud
    b) nibud, nibud
    v) to, to
    g) nibud, to
    а)Сколько раз я ни перечитывал роман..., я всегда нахожу что-то новое. Расскажите какой-нибудь эпизод из жизни...
    б) Я решил посоветоваться с кем-то относительно литературного диспута. Кто-то предложил тему "Герой... .
    в) В каком-то журнале была напечатана статья... Может быть, кто-нибудь из вас читал...?
    г) Мой брат всегда чем-нибудь увлекается, у него часто на столе лежат какие-то растения или камушки.

    Что-то, кто-то, какой-то - unknown what or who
    Что-нибудь, кто-нибудь, какой-нибудь - it does not matter what or who.
    "...Важно, чтобы форум оставался местом, объединяющим людей, для которых интересны русский язык и культура. ..." - MasterАdmin (из переписки)



  12. #12
    Новичок
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Lampada
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    hey thanks for that...I didn`t know the Russian speakers would understand such writing... (my bad )

    ok, so now I can write it down, could you please check my mistakes?

    a) to, nibud
    b) nibud, nibud
    v) to, to
    g) nibud, to
    а)Сколько раз я ни перечитывал роман..., я всегда нахожу что-то новое. Расскажите какой-нибудь эпизод из жизни...
    б) Я решил посоветоваться с кем-то относительно литературного диспута. Кто-то предложил тему "Герой... .
    в) В каком-то журнале была напечатана статья... Может быть, кто-нибудь из вас читал...?
    г) Мой брат всегда чем-нибудь увлекается, у него часто на столе лежат какие-то растения или камушки.

    Что-то, кто-то, какой-то - unknown what or who
    Что-нибудь, кто-нибудь, какой-нибудь - it does not matter what or who.
    Thank you very much for explaining... I had thought it was like...you use nibud when there is nothing known about it ...and to - when only half is known, that`s wrong right?

  13. #13
    Moderator Lampada's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    СССР -> США
    Posts
    17,637
    Rep Power
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by Still Numb
    Thank you very much for explaining... I had thought it was like...you use nibud when there is nothing known about it ...and to - when only half is known, that`s wrong right?
    Что-то, кто-то, какой-то - unknown what or who
    Что-нибудь, кто-нибудь, какой-нибудь - it does not matter what or who.

    With -то it is something certain, definite, but unknown to a speaker or listener.
    With -нибудь it is something uncertain, indefinite and can be anything or anybody.

    Please, do not hesitate to ask questions.
    "...Важно, чтобы форум оставался местом, объединяющим людей, для которых интересны русский язык и культура. ..." - MasterАdmin (из переписки)



  14. #14
    Почётный участник
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    75
    Rep Power
    10
    Я решил посоветоваться с кем-то относительно литературного диспута

    and

    Я решил посоветоваться с кем-нибудь относительно литературного диспута

    have slightly different meaning. If he rememberes that he decided to talk to somebody CERTAIN, but now he cant remember who, then he can say "с кем-то" (но не помню, с кем именно). If he decided to talk to anybody (для него было неважно, с кем именно), then he must say "с кем-нибудь".

    Examples:

    Я решил посоветоваться с кем-нибудь, поэтому обратился к человеку, который стоял ближе всего.

    Я решил посоветоваться с кем-то из нашего начальства. По-моему это был Петр Петрович, но может быть, и Василий Васильевич.

  15. #15
    Новичок
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixer
    Я решил посоветоваться с кем-то относительно литературного диспута

    and

    Я решил посоветоваться с кем-нибудь относительно литературного диспута

    have slightly different meaning. If he rememberes that he decided to talk to somebody CERTAIN, but now he cant remember who, then he can say "с кем-то" (но не помню, с кем именно). If he decided to talk to anybody (для него было неважно, с кем именно), then he must say "с кем-нибудь".

    Examples:

    Я решил посоветоваться с кем-нибудь, поэтому обратился к человеку, который стоял ближе всего.

    Я решил посоветоваться с кем-то из нашего начальства. По-моему это был Петр Петрович, но может быть, и Василий Васильевич.
    gee...thanks... so both can be right... I`ll take that in account...

    I`ll give a shot at the second one... (i don`t know how good I`ll be at choosing the right characters though)

    a) samom, sam
    b) sama, samie
    v) samoe
    g) samovo

    ok, how many did I get wrong this time? lol

  16. #16
    Почтенный гражданин
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Нижний Новгород
    Posts
    472
    Rep Power
    10
    Я решил посоветоваться с кем-то sounds strange to me. I think that "с кем-нибудь" is the only correct alternative.

  17. #17
    Moderator Lampada's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    СССР -> США
    Posts
    17,637
    Rep Power
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by pisces
    Я решил посоветоваться с кем-то sounds strange to me. I think that "с кем-нибудь" is the only correct alternative.
    Сейчас запутаем бедных студентов.
    I agree with Nixer. Both variations are correct. It depends on some conditions. If you know exactly who you are going to consult with, you would say с кем-то, aren't you?
    And if you are not decided who your adviser would be and you have to look for one, you would say с кем-нибудь, wouldn't you?
    "...Важно, чтобы форум оставался местом, объединяющим людей, для которых интересны русский язык и культура. ..." - MasterАdmin (из переписки)



  18. #18
    Moderator Lampada's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    СССР -> США
    Posts
    17,637
    Rep Power
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by Still Numb
    a) samom, sam
    b) sama, samie
    v) samoe
    g) samovo
    Очень хорошо всё сделано. Молодец!
    a) самым, сам
    б) сама, самые
    в) самое
    г) самого
    "...Важно, чтобы форум оставался местом, объединяющим людей, для которых интересны русский язык и культура. ..." - MasterАdmin (из переписки)



  19. #19
    Почётный участник
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    75
    Rep Power
    10
    In this context in most cases "с кем-нибудь" will be right unless you say "Я помню, что решил посоветоваться с кем-то конкретным, но сейчас никак не могу вспомнить, с кем именно".

  20. #20
    Guest
    So when would you say

    Я помню, что решил посоветоваться кое с кем.

    I thought that was when you already knew who the person would be.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Proper nouns in Dostoevsky's works
    By Misha Tal in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: July 18th, 2010, 12:18 PM
  2. Please help me understand this
    By idono in forum Translate This!
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: September 15th, 2009, 04:04 PM
  3. Sounds silly, but it works! (At least for me)
    By Clesmer in forum Getting Started with Russian
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: April 28th, 2006, 09:25 AM
  4. How It works
    By Chuvak in forum English
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: April 4th, 2006, 07:32 AM
  5. I don't understand...
    By marina in forum Learn English - Грамматика, переводы, словарный запас
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: July 14th, 2003, 09:23 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Russian Lessons                           

Russian Tests and Quizzes            

Russian Vocabulary