Thread: Can somebody please detail my mistakes/this was difficult...

heartfelty

Can somebody please detail my mistakes/this was difficult...

The desire to control in detail the lives and thoughts of the people and above all to prevent subversion guided also the policies of the Ministry of Education.

Желания регулировать подробно жизны и мыслы в народа над суёт предотвращать подрывная деятемьность водить тоже политикая в Министерство просвещения.

Почтенный гражданин
    Hey man! I'm looking this over and I'm actually wondering, for what you are doing, will you be allowed to re-strike/re-write the English version? It may help make the translation easier.. The placement of "also" midsentence makes it tricky to translate and a little uncomfortable to say. Maybe starting with "Also guiding the policies.." would be an easier arrangement - IF you have any control over that portion of the work.

I'm not a native Russian speaker, so I'm going to shut up and see if somebody better can solve this one for us.
    luck/life/kidkboom
    Грязные башмаки располагают к осмотрительности в выборе дороги. /*/ Muddy boots choose their roads with wisdom. ;

heartfelty
    Your attempt to rewrite is good enough help. I am just quoting HISTORY OF RUSSIA by Nicholas Riasanovsky. Nothing derogatory. It was the reign of Nicholas I. So the laws then were primitive just like France under Napoleon Bonaparte. (I love the narrative of war between Russia and France.)

жизны и мыслы => жизни и мысли
    в народа => народа ("в" is redundant)
    above all => прежде всего
    to prevent subversion => may be: не допустить возможности свержения
    политикая в Министерство просвещения => политика Министерства просвещения (again, redundant "в" in genitive)
    Желания => singular seems better: желание

So we get something like:
    The desire to control in detail the lives and thoughts of the people and above all to prevent subversion guided also the policies of the Ministry of Education.
    Также и политика Министерства просвещения определялась желанием контролировать жизни и мысли людей, но прежде всего - желанием не допустить возможности свержения [монархии].

Does it fit into the context?

heartfelty
    Thank you, Maxmixiv. I guess your Russian sentence arrangement fits into the context. Sometimes you have to change them to a run-on sentence to make it clear and grammatically correct.