Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By maxmixiv

Thread: attach

attach

Hello to everyone.
    How do you say in Russia when you send an e-mail:
    1. "In this e-mail I am attachingyou two documents. The first includes ...".
    2. "In the last e-mail I attached you one Word Document inlcuding all the details".

By the way.
    I see many other foreigner non-russians users of this forum to use at the end of their posts the expression: заранее спасибо (=thanks in advance). In English it sounds OK, but does Russians use it often when they exchange e-mails or letters?
    Чем больше слов, тем меньше они стоят.

Normally "to attach" is translated as "добавить вложение". You can use "вложить", "вложен" or rephrase to use a noun "вложение".

1. "In this e-mail I am attaching you two documents. The first includes ...".
    В письмо вложено два документа. В первом -...
    2. "In the last e-mail I attached you one Word Document inlcuding all the details".
    В последнее письмо вложен документ Word с описанием подробностей.

заранее спасибо is OK for official letters.
    "Россия для русских" - это неправильно. Остальные-то чем лучше?

обычно мы говорим "вложить", но иногда можно сказать и "присоединить" или "прикрепить".
    Another month ends. All targets met. All systems working. All customers satisfied. All staff eagerly enthusiastic. All pigs fed and ready to fly.

Quote Originally Posted by it-ogo View Post
    Normally "to attach" is translated as "добавить вложение". You can use "вложить", "вложен" or rephrase to use a noun "вложение".

1. "In this e-mail I am attaching you two documents. The first includes ...".
    В письмо вложено два документа. В первом -...
    В последнее письмо вложен документ Word с описанием подробностей.

заранее спасибо is OK for official letters.
    обычно мы говорим "вложить", но иногда можно сказать и "присоединить" или "прикрепить".
    First issue:
    Why "письмо вложено два документа" and not "письмо вложены два документа"

Two additional issues please:
    1. The first issue: How I can change the title of a post in this forum. For example in this post I will like to add the word "invest" on the title.
    2. The second issue has to do with the use of the word "invest"

Точнее
    1. До сих пор я употреблял слово "инвестировать", чтобы передать значения слова "invest": .
    -- Например: "Много инвесторов/ вкладчиков инвестирую деньги сейчас в золоте (предложный падеж?)"
    2. Some times when I wanted to use the passive form I was tempted to say: "Много денег сейчас инвестируется в золоте". Но не знаю, используется ли эта форма часто на русском.
    3. Когда я открыл словарь, чтобы найти слово "вложить" я выяснил что это слово значит тоже "invest". My problem now is how to use correctly the переходный вид глагола: вкладывать / вложить and the непереходный вид глагола: вкладываться / вложиться.

For example how I translate the expressions by using both вкладывать / вложить and вкладываться / вложиться :
    1. He invests money in government bonds.
    2. Many money are invested in government bonds
    Чем больше слов, тем меньше они стоят.

в золото - винительный падеж
    1. Он вкладывает деньги в гос.облигации
    2. В государственные облигации вкладывается много денег.
    Antonio1986 likes this.
    "Невозможно передать смысл иностранной фразы, не разрушив при этом её первоначальную структуру."

Paul G.
    Both are correct.
    "В письмо вложено два документа" - describes a situation with the letter, a "state" of the letter; "the concept of state" which realizes with an adverb or reflexive form of the verbs etc, in this case with "вложено"; there are no exact analogs in English.
    Actually, you have to learn this concept, because at least 30% of all the sentences are based on it.
    "В письмо вложены два документа" - "два документа" is a subject and "вложены" is a predicate, so we have an ordinary sentence here.

"Много инвесторов/ вкладчиков инвестирую деньги сейчас в золоте (предложный падеж?)"
    Сейчас много инвесторов/вкладчиков инвестируют деньги в золото
    в золото - the accusative, because you mean "where?" as a direction. Imagine that the investors move their money somewhere, to a certain direction. If you mean "where?" as a location, it would be the prepositional, like in this example: Я храню свои сбережения в золоте. (I answered the question "Where do you save your savings?")

For example how I translate the expressions by using both вкладывать / вложить and вкладываться / вложиться :
    1. He invests money in government bonds.
    2. Many money are invested in government bonds
    Он вкладывает (вкладывал / будет вкладывать) деньги в государственные облигации.
    Он вложил деньги в государственные облигации. (the perfective form can be only in the past or future)
    Он вложит деньги в государственные облигации.

Он вкладывается (вкладывался / будет вкладываться) в государственные облигации.
    Он вложился в государственные облигации.
    Он вложится в государственные облигации.

I'm sure you want to ask me why the word "money" disappeared in the last three sentences. That's because the reflexive verb "вкладываться" already implies that a person invests something (it's not obligatory money). Literally it sounds like "he invested himself ...", but, of course, figuratively. Also it sounds a bit informal. The first variants are formal.

Although you can specify the investment anyway, like I did in these examples:

Он вкладывается (вкладывался / будет вкладываться) деньгами в государственные облигации.
    Он вложился деньгами в государственные облигации.
    Он вложится деньгами в государственные облигации.

Here I specified the investment directly, though it sounds a bit complicated (for the foreigner), uncommon and weird for the situation described in the examples.

I hope I clarified it properly.

Подающий надежды оратор
    And another form (mostly presented in IT but many of young people use it too) of TO ATTACH is "приаттачить". Sort of slang, of course, but at least in IT it's rather a term