Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Words for God

Почтенный гражданин russkayalove's Avatar
    Its ok, I wrote it knowing it would be deleted. I'm glad atleast you read it Pravit, and whoever deleted it must have as well. I am not angry, see . I also do not feel persecuted. I just wanted to state that millions are persecuted all over the world, and were in Russia at some point as well if I must mention Russia to stay on topic, just for stating what they beleive in. The comments I made weren't directed toward anything you said, Pravit, my friend . It was just a general statment I was trying to make.

Delete this if you will, but it has everything to do with Russia, and If I may stay even more on topic, will someone please translate it for me.:

I am on this forum trying to learn Russian and talk about Russia. Also, I like this forum because it is informative. Another thing about me, I am a beleiver in God, and I pray to Jesus. My boyfriend came here from Russia a non-beleiver. His entire Russian family whom he is close to is athiest, yet before I ever met him, he miraculously, on his own, came to know the Lord.

Почтенный гражданин
    If your boyfriend had moved to Israel, he and his family would have miraculously turned to Jehovah. If he had moved to Saudi-Arabia, to Allah.

Now it's your turn to say that God made your boyfriend move to America in his grand scheme of infinite compassion and love.
    Army Anti-Strapjes
    Nay, mats jar tripes
    Jasper is my Tartan
    I am a trans-Jert spy
    Jerpty Samaritans
    Pijams are tyrants
    Jana Sperm Tit Arsy

Подающий надежды оратор

translation of religious terms

Cont'd.

in thе beginning - В начале
    was the Word - было Слово
    the Word was with God - Слово было у Бога
    the Word was God -Слово было Бог

Карина
    ----------
    Иоанна 1:1
    karina
    Бог любит вас

mike
    Quote Originally Posted by russkayalove
    Its ok, I wrote it knowing it would be deleted. I'm glad atleast you read it Pravit, and whoever deleted it must have as well. I am not angry, see . I also do not feel persecuted. I just wanted to state that millions are persecuted all over the world, and were in Russia at some point as well if I must mention Russia to stay on topic, just for stating what they beleive in. The comments I made weren't directed toward anything you said, Pravit, my friend . It was just a general statment I was trying to make.

Delete this if you will, but it has everything to do with Russia, and If I may stay even more on topic, will someone please translate it for me.:

I am on this forum trying to learn Russian and talk about Russia. Also, I like this forum because it is informative. Another thing about me, I am a beleiver in God, and I pray to Jesus. My boyfriend came here from Russia a non-beleiver. His entire Russian family whom he is close to is athiest, yet before I ever met him, he miraculously, on his own, came to know the Lord.
    I seriously hope you know what you're saying. One of my friends in high school "came to know the Lord" despite being an atheist because he had a very religious girlfriend. It's called getting laid by pretending to be interested in whatever she takes seriously. Welcome to the game of life.

I guess you failed to carefully read what I had written. I did not meet him until a year after he became a Christian. His entire family is still athiest.

Завсегдатай
    Karina, half the crap you are typing doesn't even have to do with religion. "died", "in the begining" "word for word" . How is that religious. And the fact that you keep doing it just to upset people (you know that's why you'er doing it) is pretty imature.

@Mike Про твой "sig" AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Вот это да, я так люблю себя. И сегодня я люблю себя, ещё больше чем вчера, а завтра я буду любить себя to ещё больше чем сегодня. Тем что происходит,я вполне доволен!

Подающий надежды оратор
    Um guys, aren't we really digressing here? For one thing, (I'm talking to the professed Christians here) why are you picking a fight like this? I hate to break the news to you, but this isn't what Jesus would have done, and if we are supposed to be Christians, we are supposed to be examples of his love. Nobody here, as far as I have read, has put down Jesus, or really any of our beliefs, but you guys are still trying to prove a point. Who is going to want to be like us if this is the way we are going to act? This forum was created to learn Russian, not to discuss theology....it's great that you all want to stand up for your faith, as do I, but not once has anyone put down our Lord. If it's anyone, we are doing the more damage by making ourselves look like a bunch, of, well, fools. Get mad at me, don't talk to me ever again, but I think that if we want others to see things from our point of view, this is NOT the way to do it. Sorry if I offend you guys, but please look at what your doing and why. Please.....

Почтенный гражданин
    Quote Originally Posted by mike
    Благословите Зевса
    Да! Да!
    Tongue-tied and twisted just an earth-bound misfit, I

Подающий надежды оратор
    Nobody here, as far as I have read, has put down Jesus, or really any of our beliefs

Tы шутишь?
    karina
    Бог любит вас

Подающий надежды оратор

translation of religious terms

I ам the Good Shepherd - Я Пастырь Добрый
    I give My life - отдаю жизнь Мою
    No one takes it - никто не отнимает её
    I Мyself give it - Я Cам отдаю её

Kарина
    ---------
    Ииоана 10:11-18
    karina
    Бог любит вас

Завсегдатай
    Karina. Please, you're taking this way too far. you asked about words for god, you got answers. Why do you keep talking? We simply asked you not to spread your religious propaganda on our forum, and you got super offended. When truelove said "no one has talked bad about the lord" or whatever. IT'S TRUE! no one has said anything bad about god, or christians, we simply ask you to stop being annoying. And no Она не шутит ! So please, stop posting your phrases, that only you are getting a kick out of!

Heres a phrase for the rest of us.

Дай мне Аллах, или дай мне смерть!
    Вот это да, я так люблю себя. И сегодня я люблю себя, ещё больше чем вчера, а завтра я буду любить себя to ещё больше чем сегодня. Тем что происходит,я вполне доволен!

Почтенный гражданин
    I also do not feel persecuted. I just wanted to state that millions are persecuted all over the world, and were in Russia at some point as well

I ам the Good Shepherd - Я Пастырь Добрый
    I give My life - отдаю жизнь Мою
    No one takes it - никто не отнимает её
    I Мyself give it - Я Cам отдаю её
    What about the non-Christian persecuted? I walk through town and some ZZ Top-looking American is preaching homophobic cant through a megaphone. I get on a bus and every few yards it's 'WWJD?' and 'City of God?'. Apparently, 'the Millennium is Christ's birthday. Celebrate it here!' Turn on the computer and I get Karina with her 'helpful' lexical deluge and russkayalove with an inspirational tale about how we can all be brainwashed too if we shut our eyes and wish very hard. Surely this is worse than anything Daniel or Saul had to put up with ?

Bored with it. To tears almost.

If anybody wants to translate the following for me, they're welcome. It's for the sake of my Russian only. Honest. I'm turnin' the other cheek.

'The Bible has noble poetry in it... and some good morals and a wealth of obscenity, and upwards of a thousand lies.'

Mark Twain

'To assert that the earth revolves around the sun is as erroneous
    as to claim that Jesus was not born of a virgin.'

Cardinal Bellarmine, 1615, during the trial of Galileo

'Whatever a man prays for, he prays for a miracle. Every prayer reduces itself to this: "Great God, grant that twice two be not four.'

Ivan Turgenev

'We must respect the other fellow's religion, but only in the sense and to the extent that we respect his theory that his wife is beautiful and his children smart.'

'Faith may be defined briefly as an illogical belief in the occurrence of the improbable.... A man full of faith is simply one who has lost (or never had) the capacity for clear and realistic thought. He is not a mere ass: he is actually ill.'

H. L. Mencken (both)
    А если отнять еще одну?

Почтенный гражданин
    Thanks, joysof. I needed that.

@kristina: When have Christians been persecuted? Only during Roman times and under communism. That's hardly as much as jews have been persecuted; not only those two eras, but also in the middle-ages, the renaissance, Hitler-Germany, Hellenistic times, under the Persian and Egyptian empires, in the new world even. And do they frantically want to convert the world?

People get tired of religious fanatics to the point that they're not taken serious anymore.
    Army Anti-Strapjes
    Nay, mats jar tripes
    Jasper is my Tartan
    I am a trans-Jert spy
    Jerpty Samaritans
    Pijams are tyrants
    Jana Sperm Tit Arsy

Властелин
    Quote Originally Posted by truelovewaits
    Um guys, aren't we really digressing here? For one thing, (I'm talking to the professed Christians here) why are you picking a fight like this? I hate to break the news to you, but this isn't what Jesus would have done, and if we are supposed to be Christians, we are supposed to be examples of his love. Nobody here, as far as I have read, has put down Jesus, or really any of our beliefs, but you guys are still trying to prove a point. Who is going to want to be like us if this is the way we are going to act? This forum was created to learn Russian, not to discuss theology....it's great that you all want to stand up for your faith, as do I, but not once has anyone put down our Lord. If it's anyone, we are doing the more damage by making ourselves look like a bunch, of, well, fools. Get mad at me, don't talk to me ever again, but I think that if we want others to see things from our point of view, this is NOT the way to do it. Sorry if I offend you guys, but please look at what your doing and why. Please.....
    Golden words! They are honey to my soul. For a long time I've been waiting for somebody to say something like this.
    Thank you very much for that.
    "Happy new year, happy new year
    May we all have a vision now and then
    Of a world where every neighbour is a friend"

Подающий надежды оратор
    Man somehow I've been missing out on my own topic. Last time I read this it was only 1 page...now there is all sorts of heated controversy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper May
    Thanks, joysof. I needed that.

@kristina: When have Christians been persecuted? Only during Roman times and under communism. .
    Sorry but you just arn't looking aorund you. Even today thousands of Christian everyday are killed merely for believing in Christ. My pastor, every year, smuggles bibles to an underground church. The church has to meet in secret for fear of imprissonment. Every year when my pastor goes back he hears of people being caught and tourtured etc. He himself has almost ben caught and imprissoned.
    As for Karina, I do appreciate your phrases that you have posted, BUT if people are becomming enraged by them you should stop. Unless of course your goal IS to make people angry.
    HOO HAA!! It's a signature

Почтенный гражданин
    Sorry but you just arn't looking aorund you. Even today thousands of Christian everyday are killed merely for believing in Christ. My pastor, every year, smuggles bibles to an underground church. The church has to meet in secret for fear of imprissonment. Every year when my pastor goes back he hears of people being caught and tourtured etc. He himself has almost ben caught and imprissoned.
    This must be a joke! Every day, thousands of Christians? Where does your pastor live? And even if that many are killed, it is absolutely not because they're Christians.
    Army Anti-Strapjes
    Nay, mats jar tripes
    Jasper is my Tartan
    I am a trans-Jert spy
    Jerpty Samaritans
    Pijams are tyrants
    Jana Sperm Tit Arsy

JB
    Старший оракул
    vbouldr, another traditional Russian prayer for you;

Достойно есть, яко воистину, блажити Тя Богородицу, присноблаженную и пренепорочную и Матерь Бога нашего. Честнейшую херувим и славнейшую без сравнения серафим без истления Бога Слова рождшую, сушую Богородицу Тя величаем.
    Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.

This must be a joke! Every day, thousands of Christians? Where does your pastor live? And even if that many are killed, it is absolutely not because they're Christians.
    Well you were wandering, so here is your answer:

http://persecution.org/news/index_news.html

Почтенный гражданин
    Well you were wandering, so here is your answer:

It's 'wondering'.

You're quite right. Christians are persecuted, and it's horrible. The International Christian Coaltion is hardly the most impartial of sources, though, is it? If you read Amnesty International's literature on a regular basis, you'll see that it's swings and roundabouts, if you understand the idiom: Moslems persecuting Christians baiting Buddhists lynching Hindus marginalising agnostics. Religion is the icky common denominator and yours is no worse than anyone else's, if that helps.
    А если отнять еще одну?

Завсегдатай
    I would think sometimes it has to do with older racial or tribal feuds, and this tribe might have happened to convert to Christianity and this one to Islam, and then you have the headlines MUSLIM TERRORISTS BUTCHER HELPLESS CHRISTIAN VILLAGERS IN INDONESIA!
    However I don't know why our media didn't really stress that the Serbs were Christian and the Albanians were Muslim. Had we lived in a different today, we might have such headlines as "SERBIAN CHRISTIAN OPPRESSORS MASSACRE THOUSANDS OF HELPLESS ALBANIAN MUSLIMS."

@Dogboy: This is a thread about "Words for God" in Russian, so I don't see why she can't post Russian religious phrases. If they irritate you then don't look at them. What crosses the line is when they start putting religious messages into their posts.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast