Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Spasbo (?) I hope this is right :-)

  1. #1
    Новичок
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Helsinki
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    10

    Spasbo (?) I hope this is right :-)

    Dear Denis and kwatts59,

    Once again I have to say "Thank you ", so much for helping me with this translation. I am really greatful, and happy that you are so kind to do this. Maybe I should send you guys a small box of chocolates or something to say "Thank you". As I am currently living in Helsinki, Finland so I would not think that it would take so long for post to get to Russia. If you would like that , then please post to me your home address.

    No, I am not a mad crazy woman, I just like to show my gratitude in this way. I believe that it is not my fault if I like to show my gratitude towards others this way because this is the way I have always been. I just hope that you don't think of it as being strange or anything.

    You can email me and let me and let me know if you like too !
    Poka!
    Thank you
    Francesca
    Francesca

  2. #2
    Почтенный гражданин
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    SPb.ru -> California.us
    Posts
    394
    Rep Power
    11

    Re: Spasbo (?) I hope this is right :-)

    Quote Originally Posted by Francesca
    Dear Denis and kwatts59,

    Once again I have to say "Thank you ", so much for helping me with this translation. I am really greatful, and happy that you are so kind to do this. Maybe I should send you guys a small box of chocolates or something to say "Thank you". As I am currently living in Helsinki, Finland so I would not think that it would take so long for post to get to Russia. If you would like that , then please post to me your home address.

    No, I am not a mad crazy woman, I just like to show my gratitude in this way. I believe that it is not my fault if I like to show my gratitude towards others this way because this is the way I have always been. I just hope that you don't think of it as being strange or anything.

    You can email me and let me and let me know if you like too !
    Poka!
    Thank you
    Francesca
    Dear Francesca,
    Helping you and other people to learn russian is the whole point of this forum! It's very kind of you to offer sending chocolates but not really necessary since I've done nothing extraordinary, just translated a few sentences. Besides I live in USA now ( and as far as I know kwatts59 too ) so it wouldn't be so easy either.

    Just spend here more time helping people to learn russian/english or any other languages you know, it will be the best way to show your gratitude to me.

    Good luck!

  3. #3
    Завсегдатай
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Seventh
    Posts
    4,113
    Rep Power
    15
    No, it's not right. It's Spasibo
    Ingenting kan stoppa mig
    In Post-Soviet Russia internet porn downloads YOU!

  4. #4
    Подающий надежды оратор
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Connecticut, United States
    Posts
    37
    Rep Power
    10
    technically its pronounced spaseeba. the tense of each vowel can be really annoying, considering "O" can be pronouced "A" when not stressed.

  5. #5
    Завсегдатай
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Seventh
    Posts
    4,113
    Rep Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Sascha
    technically its pronounced spaseeba. the tense of each vowel can be really annoying, considering "O" can be pronouced "A" when not stressed.
    1. Verbs have tenses, not vowels.
    2. I was transliterating. You did a phonetic transcription.
    Ingenting kan stoppa mig
    In Post-Soviet Russia internet porn downloads YOU!

  6. #6
    DDT
    DDT is offline
    Завсегдатай DDT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    I have given up the Gambling, the Wine and the Cows!.. I'm back now! ....nope Im gone again!
    Posts
    3,364
    Rep Power
    14

    Re: Spasbo (?) I hope this is right :-)

    Quote Originally Posted by DenisM
    It's very kind of you to offer sending chocolates but not really necessary
    .
    What is the matter with you.......take the chocolates. They are certain to be yummy!!!
    Let me be a free man, free to travel, free to stop, free to work, free to trade where I choose, free to choose my own teachers, free to follow the religion of my fathers, free to talk, think and act for myself. - Chief Joseph, Nez Perce

Similar Threads

  1. Grammar check, hope it's not too vulgar
    By meathive in forum Grammar and Vocabulary
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: March 24th, 2009, 04:34 AM
  2. Tattoos - Hope this is in the right forum Mods
    By ang12el in forum Getting Started with Russian
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: January 9th, 2008, 07:39 AM
  3. I hope you guys think this is funny
    By Triple A in forum Fun Stuff
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: August 22nd, 2006, 08:31 AM
  4. Helpful (I hope) links for beginners to try
    By Bex in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: July 25th, 2005, 03:46 AM
  5. Hi! Hope to be helpful
    By in forum Polish
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: December 24th, 2004, 07:36 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Russian Lessons                           

Russian Tests and Quizzes            

Russian Vocabulary