Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: please translate this. quickly. please

Новичок

please translate this. quickly. please

please translate this to russian in either english or russian lettering.

"god damn it. leave me alone". and "thaank you" and "i love you"

thx :D

Завсегдатай
    Оставьте меня в покое
    Leave me alone

Спасибо
    Thanks

Я тебя люблю
    I love you

I dont know how to say "god damn it"
    Какая разница, умереть богатым или бедным?

Какой толк от богатства если ты не счастлив.

Новичок

hi again

how do u pronounce them? do u no where i can find out?.

dying rich means u get a big fancy coffin and ur family gets lots uv money that u left behind. if u die poor, get get trown in a hole, covered in dirt, w/ a stick cross and ur family gets nuthing.

Завсегдатай
    Approximate pronuciations.
    Letters in CAPS are stressed.

Leave me alone
    Оставьте меня в покое
    Pronouced like : ostAvte menYA v pakOe

Thanks
    Спасибо
    Pronouced like : spasEEbo
    Sounds similar to the word "placeobo" except replace the "pl" with "sp"

I love you
    Я тебя люблю
    Pronouced like : Ya tebYA lyublYU

Завсегдатай
    Where's Nixer when we need him?

DDT
    I have given up the Gambling, the Wine and the Cows!.. I'm in St Petersburg Russia
    Quote Originally Posted by Pravit
    Where's Nixer when we need him?
    LOL!!!
    Let me be a free man, free to travel, free to stop, free to work, free to trade where I choose, free to choose my own teachers, free to follow the religion of my fathers, free to talk, think and act for myself. - Chief Joseph, Nez Perce

Re: please translate this. quickly. please

Quote Originally Posted by swimchamp56789
    "god damn it.
    Будь всё прОклято! Да будь это всё прОклято! Это очень серьёзное выражение отчаяния и гнева. Такими словами не разбрасываются.
    Вот нашлось: Террористы будут прокляты Б-гом и людьми.
    "...Важно, чтобы форум оставался местом, объединяющим людей, для которых интересны русский язык и культура. ..." - MasterАdmin (из переписки)

Новичок

umm. what? that last entry was all in russian and my computer won't translate it. one last thing. how do u say "please" asn pronounce it?

Завсегдатай
    Please
    пожалуйста
    pazjAluicta

This word can also be used to say "Your Welcome"

I think "Будь всё прОклято!" means something like "all be damned" or "damn everthing". Apparently in Russian it has very strong meaning. Don't use these words in casual conversation.

Завсегдатай
    Maybe they use it in secret or something, but I've never heard Russians use the term "будь все проклято". It sounds almost like something out of a book. It's true that that's a more literal translation of it, but given that Americans say "Goddammit" really often whenever something pisses them off, I think we could pick a different translation. What do Russians say when they accidentally smack themselves with a hammer?

JJ
    Властелин
    What do Russians say when they accidentally smack themselves with a hammer?
    Б@#дь!

god damn it. leave me alone - I would translate it in this case like блин, отстань! althought "leave me alon" means "оставь(те) меня в покое"
    Gib immer 100% bei der Arbeit: 12% am Montag, 23% am Dienstag, 40% am Mittwoch, 20% am Donnerstag, 5% am Freitag ...

Завсегдатай
    Depends if it's a "Get lost!" leave me alone, or a "*sniff* I just want to be alone..." leave me alone.

...What do Russians say when they accidentally smack themselves with a hammer?
    Мой сын приехал из поездки с моим братом и спрашивал, что означают "Японский бог!", "Ёлки-палки!", всё время употребляемые моим братом.
    А вообще, по-моему, самое распространённое было "Твою мать!"
    "...Важно, чтобы форум оставался местом, объединяющим людей, для которых интересны русский язык и культура. ..." - MasterАdmin (из переписки)

Завсегдатай
    Wait a minute, so if you smack your thumb with a hammer, you can yell out "твою мать"? Which мать would be the one in question, your mother, or the hammer's?

JJ
    Властелин
    It depends. I prefer to use short expresions. Another possible expressions I'll send to you in a private message.
    Gib immer 100% bei der Arbeit: 12% am Montag, 23% am Dienstag, 40% am Mittwoch, 20% am Donnerstag, 5% am Freitag ...

DDT
    I have given up the Gambling, the Wine and the Cows!.. I'm in St Petersburg Russia
    OK that's it! I've had enough of you two, with your little note passing in class and your cute little giggling like school girls. You don't fool me, I know what's going on here. You think you are too good for the rest of the class don't you? You and your pathetic attempt at bathroom humour. Well the jig is up for you two fellows, you won't be able to get away with this while I'm around and now you can just share with the rest of us your sordid little secret now can't you? Hmm?

Whatever it is it can never be as good as the standard Oh bugger!
    Let me be a free man, free to travel, free to stop, free to work, free to trade where I choose, free to choose my own teachers, free to follow the religion of my fathers, free to talk, think and act for myself. - Chief Joseph, Nez Perce

JJ
    Властелин
    Mate, no need to learn this, it is taboo. In most cases useing these words incorrectly is rude, stupied, agressive, harmful, offensive and even dangerous to your health and your life. You can watch russian tv, read books and newspapers for years and you'll never meet words of this vocabulary. If you have a specific question about something you are welcome, maybe I can answer it, but I'm not going to teach мат to anybody. Notice the most russians here are not interesting how to use properly "sh@g"-"f@#k", becouse it's generally useless information to communicate with people.

Завсегдатай
    Quote Originally Posted by JJ
    Notice the most russians here are not interesting how to use properly "sh@g"-"f@#k", becouse it's generally useless information to communicate with people.
    So I'm among least russians here :) It's not so useless, at least I want to understand when somebody uses it. And it helps a lot to express your emotions, like in that case with a hummer. What else would you say? :)
    It reminds me a joke:

Два солдата что-то паяли в детском саду, один паял, а второй держал стремянку (stepladder). После этого дети стали ругаться матом. Воспитатель пожаловалась их командиру. Командир на них:
    - Вы что, матом ругались при детях!?
    - Никак нет! Даже когда рядовой Иванов стал капать припоем мне на голову, я сказал "Рядовой Иванов, неужели Вы не видете что вашему боевому товарищу на голову капает раскалённый припой?".

I'm not telling that it's good to use foul language all the time. But I can't say it's no use.

Quote Originally Posted by alexei
    ...Два солдата что-то паяли в детском саду, один паял, а второй держал стремянку (stepladder). После этого дети стали ругаться матом. Воспитатель пожаловалась их командиру. Командир на них:
    - Вы что, матом ругались при детях!?
    - Никак нет! Даже когда рядовой Иванов стал капать припоем мне на голову, я сказал "Рядовой Иванов, неужели Вы не видете что вашему боевому товарищу на голову капает раскалённый припой?".

Властелин
    Quote Originally Posted by alexei

I'm not telling that it's good to use foul language all the time. But I can't say it's no use.
    Quite right. A well-chosen and correctly-used expletive can be hilarious and/ or highly ingratiating, depending on the context and the company you are in, in exactly the same way slipping a really specific cultural reference into a conversation can.

Of course, if you get it wrong it can blow up right in your face

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast