Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: please identify this item

---
    Well, I don't know what to say. I want to say thanks to the Academy, to Mama, to Papa and to my dog. I love you all.

Завсегдатай
    Holy crap Propp, where have you been?
    Вот это да, я так люблю себя. И сегодня я люблю себя, ещё больше чем вчера, а завтра я буду любить себя to ещё больше чем сегодня. Тем что происходит,я вполне доволен!

Завсегдатай
    Quote Originally Posted by charlestonian
    Propp did not provide any solid evidences in his posts. If he did, it would be more convincing. People don't just buy hearsays...
    There are pretty smart people on that forum. Do you think they are not able to do Google search on their own if they want the links?

Besides, links are not everything. There are some things one can't find in Internet especially when he/she doesn't know what he/she is looking for. You should be aware of that by now, getting wrong results again and again.
    Some things a pretty obvious (like these ash-trays) but the evidence of that is almost imposible to find.

So when people ask question they often want to hear private opinion, memoir from the witness, real life experience which often can't be "googled" and we give them that when we can.

If you "don't buy" the true fact just because the link wasn't given ... too bad.

Завсегдатай
    [Edited. L.]...
    Hey, you're swearing all the time when you have nothing to say. Don't you want to provide me with your usual link to be more convincing?

Завсегдатай
    [Edited. L.]
    Hmm... This is forum, not chat, you know... If you have nothing to say may be it's better to keep silence for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by gRomoZeka
    [Edited. L.]
    Hmm... This is forum, not chat, you know... If you have nothing to say may be it's better to keep silence for a while.
    +1
    "...Важно, чтобы форум оставался местом, объединяющим людей, для которых интересны русский язык и культура. ..." - MasterАdmin (из переписки)

Новичок

Porcupine/Hedgehog ashtrays

I want to thank everyone for responses to my original question concerning the ashtrays. The lady who purchased them called them "porcupines", but I have learned that they are hedgehogs, and have listed them on Ebay as hedgehogs. No bids yet, but I'm still hoping.
    And I've learned a little Russian language along the way. Thanks again for responding.

Старший оракул
    propp did not provide any solid evidences in his posts. If he did, it would be more convincing. People don't just buy hearsays...
    eerhhh... what other evidence do you need when you see the words "пепельница" (ashtray) and "ЁЖ" (hedgehog) clearly printed on the "unindentified item"? So this is what I thought; obviously I was wrong with some pople.

Hi, Dogboy! Will you not get upset if I'll adress you just Dogboy and not Dogboy182, since there are no other Dogboys here? I've been where I am all the time, but had no desire to say anything. And how are you, how's your SECRET training?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12