Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Translation

Ага, вовлечь весь мир! А вот на форумах по аглицкому весь мир пишет по-аглицки и в том числе русские, ибо, пиши они на русском, их бы мало кто понял. Наверное, истина, как всегда, лежит где-то посередине, райт?.
    English Edition

В обычных странах церковь отделена от государства, а в России - от Бога.

Властелин
    The problem with writing Russian in this forum is that the only people who would understand ше is the Russians. а я хочу включить весь мир!!!
    I don't think that the only people who would understand you if you wrote Russian here are the Russians. Since people come here to learn Russian, ask questions about Russian and practise Russian they'd be interested in reading what you write in Russian. People will be interested to read your posts in Russian unless your Russian is too bad and very hard to understand. I guess you share my opinion that it's boring to read cr@p Russian.
    Зачем, кстати, ты хочешь "включить" весь мир?

Ага, вовлечь весь мир! А вот на форумах по аглицкому весь мир пишет по-аглицки и в том числе русские, ибо, пиши они на русском, их бы мало кто понял. Наверное, истина, как всегда, лежит где-то посередине, райт?.
    Верно. Ведь редко когда кто задаёт вопросы о русском на русском здесь
    "A classic is something that everybody wants to have read and nobody wants to read"
    Mark Twain
    American author/essayist (1835-1910)
    WHSmith

Властелин
    Quote Originally Posted by kalinka_vinnie
    The problem with writing Russian in this forum is that the only people who would understand ше is the Russians. а я хочу включить весь мир!!!
    I understand!! But, I don't usually write in Russian because it's faster and easier to say what I'd like in English. The problem is that my vocabulary is not very big, so it takes a long time (and some clever explanation) to get my point across.
    Corrupting young minds since May 6, 2004.

Code:
    ...it's faster and easier to say what I'd like in English...
    if one's afraid of diving, she'll never see how wonderful the underwater world is. The question is how much easier and why still so much.

Code:
    so it takes a long time (and some clever explanation)
    That's why this forum is. Try your best. Avoiding it you miss an opportunity to advance significantly in the language.

good luck
    English Edition

ну, зависит от чего хочешь сказать. Это как-то странно говорить по-русски тем, которые говорят по-английски. Я не буду выразить себя правильно по-русски (потому что это не мой родной язык), и они не будут понимать точную мысль (потому что это не их родной язык). Легче выразиться по-английски, но я согласен, что когда обращусь к русским, надо говорить по-русски... попытаюсь...
    Hei, rett norsken min og du er død.
    I am a notourriouse misspeller. Be easy on me.
    Пожалуйста! Исправляйте мои глупые ошибки (но оставьте умные)!
    Yo hablo español mejor que tú.
    Trusnse kal'rt eturule sikay!!! ))

Властелин
    Time to rip . I admire your balls though, this language is a bitch. It'll get better with practice.

ну, зависит от того, что хочешь сказать. Это как-то странно (not really sure what you mean exactly) говорить по-русски тем, которые говорят по-английски. Я не смогу выразить себя правильно по-русски (потому что это не мой родной язык), и они не поймут точную мысль (потому что это не их родной язык). Легче выразиться по-английски, но я согласен, что когда обращаешься к русским, надо говорить по-русски... пытаться...
    I've got a TV, and I'm not afraid to use it

Властелин
    Quote Originally Posted by adoc
    Это как-то странно (not really sure what you mean exactly) говорить по-русски тем, которые говорят по-английски.
    What he means is, "It's somehow strange." I say this all the time which causes confusion.

Властелин
    Gotcha. Then the whole sentence has to go like this:

Несколько странно говорить по-русски с теми, кто говорит по-английски.

I see Life is hard.

Yeah, what I meant is: It's kinda strange to speak Russian to English speaking people.

DDT
    I have given up the Gambling, the Wine and the Cows!.. I'm in St Petersburg Russia
    The funny thing is that I can read "good" russian and "bad" Russian equally as well. Actually I can't tell the difference most of the time.
    Let me be a free man, free to travel, free to stop, free to work, free to trade where I choose, free to choose my own teachers, free to follow the religion of my fathers, free to talk, think and act for myself. - Chief Joseph, Nez Perce

It's kinda strange to speak Russian to English speaking people.
    Китайцы с удовольствием говорят друг с другом по-английски в чатах по изучению английского языка, таких как englishbaby или еще что-то. А на этом сайте, в чате, русские с удовольствием говорят с русскими на английском, я обратил на это внимание . Так что ничего странного здесь нет. Я тоже могу обратиться к русским на английском, вот например:

Hi, folks!

хотя английский и не наш родной вовсе, но это кончено фо хум хау.
    English Edition

Завсегдатай
    Quote Originally Posted by mishau_
    Hi, folks!
    Какая разница, умереть богатым или бедным?

Какой толк от богатства если ты не счастлив.

Властелин
    Quote Originally Posted by DDT
    The funny thing is that I can read "good" russian and "bad" Russian equally as well. Actually I can't tell the difference most of the time.
    The reason for that is all these tricky nuances that are lost once you literally translate the paragraph into English. For example, Это как-то странно means that something specific identified by "Это" is strange. That would correspond not to "It's kinda strange", but to "That (specific object) is kinda strange". "буду выразить" is plain wrong while "буду выражать" or "смогу выразить" are both fine (выразить once versus выражать repetitively). "не будут понимать точную мысль" does not sound natural since "точную мысль" points towards a single complete action. You can however say "не будут понимать меня" or "не будут понимать, что я хочу сказать", since it would be a continuing action. "обращусь" means to address once, which does not make sense in the context, since a general statement was made: "Every time I talk to people who dont speak Russian, etc." Also, the future tense does not work well here.

If I had to learn all that i'd shoot myself.

On the other hand, if you look at the corrections again, it's clear that the vocabulary and the choice of words are not a problem for KV. Putting the verbs in their correct form is a different matter.

One of these days, Russian Language, I will learn you наскрозь!

Thanks, adoc, for explaining the goof-ups

Властелин
    Quote Originally Posted by adoc
    If I had to learn all that i'd shoot myself.
    Me too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12