Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: How to translate cyrillic to transliterated russian?

  1. #1
    Почётный участник emeraldeyez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Eastern USA
    Posts
    133
    Rep Power
    7

    How to translate cyrillic to transliterated russian?

    Почему иногда Вы охотно отвечаете. Другие времена Вы не делаете? <----this sentence I would like to change from Cyrillic to transliterated russian so I can text it to a friend. (our cell phones are not capable in russian)

    Side note: How can I figure out how to transliterate on my own so I do not get on anyone's nerves here?

    Спасибо
    Carol

  2. #2
    Завсегдатай sperk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    США
    Posts
    2,284
    Rep Power
    13

    Re: How to translate cyrillic to transliterated russian?

    Firefox has a plug in called Transliterator that can do it.
    Кому - нары, кому - Канары.

  3. #3
    Почётный участник emeraldeyez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Eastern USA
    Posts
    133
    Rep Power
    7

    Re: How to translate cyrillic to transliterated russian?

    Quote Originally Posted by sperk
    Firefox has a plug in called Transliterator that can do it.

    Um ... how do I find that? Firefox and I seem to not get along very well.

  4. #4
    Завсегдатай sperk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    США
    Posts
    2,284
    Rep Power
    13

    Re: How to translate cyrillic to transliterated russian?

    Quote Originally Posted by emeraldeyez
    Quote Originally Posted by sperk
    Firefox has a plug in called Transliterator that can do it.

    Um ... how do I find that? Firefox and I seem to not get along very well.
    try this:http://www.benya.com/transliterator/

    I'm using FF2, I don't know if it works on FF3.
    Кому - нары, кому - Канары.

  5. #5
    Почётный участник emeraldeyez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Eastern USA
    Posts
    133
    Rep Power
    7

    Re: How to translate cyrillic to transliterated russian?

    Quote Originally Posted by sperk
    Quote Originally Posted by emeraldeyez
    Quote Originally Posted by sperk
    Firefox has a plug in called Transliterator that can do it.

    Um ... how do I find that? Firefox and I seem to not get along very well.
    try this:http://www.benya.com/transliterator/

    I'm using FF2, I don't know if it works on FF3.

    Ok so this is not helping me. It is translating it to english. I do not want to translate to english.

    I want to translate from cyrillic to latin letters that mean the cyrillic word.

    example: Спасибо = spa`sibo

    So how do I do that with the original sentence please?

    Carol

  6. #6
    Завсегдатай sperk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    США
    Posts
    2,284
    Rep Power
    13

    Re: How to translate cyrillic to transliterated russian?

    Quote Originally Posted by emeraldeyez

    example: Спасибо = spa`sibo

    So how do I do that with the original sentence please?

    Carol
    first copy the word to text input space (like if you hit reply to this message).
    highlight the word
    go to the Edit tab on FF and hit Transliterate.
    Done
    Кому - нары, кому - Канары.

  7. #7
    Подающий надежды оратор randem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Чикаго
    Posts
    37
    Rep Power
    7

    Re: How to translate cyrillic to transliterated russian?

    There's a free Windows program here: http://www.russianlessons.net/software/translit.php

  8. #8
    Почётный участник emeraldeyez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Eastern USA
    Posts
    133
    Rep Power
    7

    Re: How to translate cyrillic to transliterated russian?

    Quote Originally Posted by sperk
    Quote Originally Posted by emeraldeyez

    example: Спасибо = spa`sibo

    So how do I do that with the original sentence please?

    Carol
    first copy the word to text input space (like if you hit reply to this message).
    highlight the word
    go to the Edit tab on FF and hit Transliterate.
    Done
    YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Спасибо! Спасибо! Спасибо! Ваша доброта и терпение очень замечательный!!!!

    Sorry if I translated wrong. My Russian is not very good.

    Carol

  9. #9
    Почтенный гражданин studyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Бауманская, Москва Skype - alr0lbxrl
    Posts
    384
    Rep Power
    7

    Re: How to translate cyrillic to transliterated russian?

    Quote Originally Posted by emeraldeyez
    Почему иногда Вы охотно отвечаете. Другие времена Вы не делаете? <----this sentence I would like to change from Cyrillic to transliterated russian so I can text it to a friend. (our cell phones are not capable in russian)

    Side note: How can I figure out how to transliterate on my own so I do not get on anyone's nerves here?

    Спасибо
    Carol
    "Другие времена Вы не делаете" is absolutely wrong. You'd better write: "Почему иногда Вы охотно отвечаете, а иногда нет?" And if you call your friend by first name: "Почему иногда ты охотно отвечаешь, а иногда нет?"

  10. #10
    Завсегдатай
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Москва, Зеленоград.
    Posts
    2,040
    Rep Power
    11

    Re: How to translate cyrillic to transliterated russian?

    Quote Originally Posted by emeraldeyez
    Спасибо! Спасибо! Спасибо! Ваша доброта и терпение просто замечательны!!!!
    Carol

Similar Threads

  1. Russian sentence with all Cyrillic letters?
    By xyz in forum Getting Started with Russian
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: September 13th, 2008, 03:27 PM
  2. last name transliterated into russian cyrillic
    By greyraven8 in forum Russian Names
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: February 17th, 2006, 02:26 AM
  3. Transliterated Names
    By Knave in forum Russian Names
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: April 28th, 2005, 06:57 PM
  4. transliterated: "poluchayetsa"
    By 2CREATV in forum Grammar and Vocabulary
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: April 6th, 2005, 08:49 PM
  5. Looking for Cyrillic (Russian) hand-writing samples...
    By КарлCarl in forum Getting Started with Russian
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: October 15th, 2003, 11:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Russian Lessons                           

Russian Tests and Quizzes            

Russian Vocabulary