Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Help with name

  1. #1
    Новичок
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    10

    Help with name

    Hello,

    Was hoping you could help me translate the following name into English:

    Boaka Komanb- it's a Russian Vodka. Thanks for your help.

  2. #2
    Завсегдатай
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Seventh
    Posts
    4,113
    Rep Power
    15

    Re: Help with name

    Quote Originally Posted by nkwhitney
    Hello,

    Was hoping you could help me translate the following name into English:

    Boaka Komanb- it's a Russian Vodka. Thanks for your help.
    This make me angry and want to hit you.

    Водка Комдив

    Vodka Komdiv

    Vodka means Vodka
    Komdiv means Komdiv
    Ingenting kan stoppa mig
    In Post-Soviet Russia internet porn downloads YOU!

  3. #3
    Почтенный гражданин
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    195
    Rep Power
    11
    ТАТУ th
    Call to a hardware store: "I'm sure you know more about the caulk than I do...tell me...is there a taste to the caulk?".

  4. #4
    Почётный участник
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    104
    Rep Power
    11
    Комдив means командир дивизии (division commander in infantry or cavalry) or командир дивизиона (division commander in artillery).
    За ночь под свинцовым градом,
    За то, что меня нет рядом,
    Ты прости, сестра моя, Югославия...
    (Лена Катина, будущая "татушка", 1999 г.)

  5. #5
    Новичок
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: Help with name

    Quote Originally Posted by TATY
    Quote Originally Posted by nkwhitney
    Hello,

    Was hoping you could help me translate the following name into English:

    Boaka Komanb- it's a Russian Vodka. Thanks for your help.
    This make me angry and want to hit you.

    Водка Комдив

    Vodka Komdiv

    Vodka means Vodka
    Komdiv means Komdiv
    Thanks for the help and sorry you're so angry...you should have a shot of Vodka!

  6. #6
    Завсегдатай
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    My Time & Space
    Posts
    6,559
    Rep Power
    16
    We're abstemious, IMHO.
    «И всё, что сейчас происходит внутре — тоже является частью вселенной».

  7. #7
    Новичок
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    0
    I dont know Komdiv. but now in Russia everybodys drinking Nemiroff
    I love Russia

  8. #8
    Почтенный гражданин
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Siberia Krasnoyarsk
    Posts
    714
    Rep Power
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by shkodov
    I dont know Komdiv. but now in Russia everybodys drinking Nemiroff
    Nemiroff sucks

  9. #9
    Увлечённый спикер
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    49
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Ljosha
    Комдив means командир дивизии (division commander in infantry or cavalry) or командир дивизиона (division commander in artillery).
    AFAIK "комдив" is командир дивизии only. BTW, артиллерийский дивизион is not "division" but "squadron" or "batallion" (the latter - in the U.S.)
    I would be grateful if you would correct my mistakes, since I would like my English to sound as natural as possible.

  10. #10
    Завсегдатай
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    в небе
    Posts
    2,223
    Rep Power
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by Alware
    Nemiroff sucks
    Why? Nemiroff with pepper and honey is good for me, I don't even have a hangover after it (if only I haven't drunk it tooo much :)

  11. #11
    Почтенный гражданин
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    438
    Rep Power
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Stranger
    AFAIK "комдив" is командир дивизии only.
    Расскажи мне, расскажи, как именно мы называли командира нашего дивизиона...

  12. #12
    Увлечённый спикер
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    49
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Vesh
    Quote Originally Posted by Stranger
    AFAIK "комдив" is командир дивизии only.
    Расскажи мне, расскажи, как именно мы называли командира нашего дивизиона...
    Виноват. Буду знать.
    I would be grateful if you would correct my mistakes, since I would like my English to sound as natural as possible.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Russian Lessons                           

Russian Tests and Quizzes            

Russian Vocabulary