Thread: Economic Terminology

Economic Terminology

Privet.
    I wrote a massive article today in Russian (3 pages) but some sentences make me think how they should be translated properly in Russian.
    The sentences are presented below. With bold is what puzzles me (this time I don't want to write what I wrote because I afraid that sometimes it misleads you in your translation):

1. Allow me to write down/mention some important points regarding your future project: (i.e. here I start a list of 1. 2. 3. 4. …)
    2. Have you done a comprehensive market research in order to find out, whether there is a satisfactory supply of used tyres in Greece.
    3. I don’t have access in the Internet.
    4. As a financial advisor I support the opinion that each new project should be based 50% on a loan and 50% on same capitals (i.e. cash possessed by the businessman)
    5. I would like to inform you that the interest rate today in Greece is about 7%.
    6. What puzzles me is whether this project will be profitable without an aggressive marketing strategy.
    7. How is translated in Russian the word: Capacity (i.e. the maximum amount that can be produced by a unit. Is there in Russia any word describing this thing).
    8. I don’t know whether the law has changed regarding permanent residence but in order to have the right to open a factory you should employ Greek residences.
    Чем больше слов, тем меньше они стоят.

1. Позвольте мне отметить несколько важных моментов / остановиться на нескольких важных моментах / по вашему будущему проекту.
    2. Провели ли вы полноценное маркетинговое исследование, чтобы выяснить, есть ли в Греции требуемый объем предложения подержанных покрышек?
    3. У меня нет доступа в интернет.
    4. Как финансовый консультант, я разделяю мнение, что каждый новый проект должен на 50% финансироваться за счет кредитов и на 50% - за счет собственного капитала.

1. Позвольте мне отметить несколько важных моментов / остановиться на нескольких важных моментах / по вашему будущему проекту.
    2. Провели ли вы полноценное маркетинговое исследование, чтобы выяснить, есть ли в Греции требуемый объем предложения подержанных покрышек?
    3. У меня нет доступа в интернет.
    4. Как финансовый консультант, я разделяю мнение, что каждый новый проект должен на 50% финансироваться за счет кредитов и на 50% - за счет собственного капитала.
    Thank you suobig for your help.
    Some comments:
    1.1 In my initial translation I used the word разрешать instead of позволять. I know that word оставлять refers to the case that the other holds you.
    1.2 In the position of момент can I use the word пункт?
    1.3 Also as I mentioned in a different post here I would used: относительно / в связи с + будущего проекта / будущим проектом instead of по вашему будущему проекту which based on my current level of understanding is translated as: "based on the future project"
    1.4 Also despite the massive discussion in a different post here I would be tempted to use the word какие-то моменты instead of несколько моментов. The reason is that based on my understanding the какие-то is translated as some while несколько is translated as few.
    2.1 My initial sentence was: "Вы сделали исследование рынка, чтобы выяснить, есть ли в Греции удовлетворительное предложение старых шин?". The reason why I didn't use the interrogation structure: "Провели ли вы ..." is because I thought that it includes too much doubt of whether he did the research. Regarding the dictionary you provided I wouldn't think of these words because I don't know them. Thank you!!!
    4.1 "Как финансовый консультант": When the professional occupation is mentioned sometimes we use Творительный for this reason I was asking.
    4.2 "за счет": I didn't know it. It should be translated as: "from the account", or is just a standardized expression?
    4.3 Also I used in my initial translation: поддерживаю позицию instead of разделяю мнение. Do you have in russian this structure? (i.e. I am in favor of the position)
    4.4. Finally I tried to use a причастие and for this reason in my initial sentence I included the expression: "каждый новый проект должен быть основанным ... " It sounds weird?

Regarding the following expressions what I wrote is:
    5. Я хотел сообщить вам, что (процентная) ставка сейчас (/ в настояшее время) в Греции около семи - восьми процентов.
    6. Что беспокоит меня, выгодный ли будет это проект без агресивной маркетинговой стратегии.
    7. емкость ???
    8. Не знаю, изменился ли закон относительно вида на жительство, но, чтобы иметь право (чтобы Вы имели право) открыть/основать завод / бизнес / компанию в Греции Вам необходимо / Вы должны изпользовать исключительно граждан Греции.

Please enlighten me ... asnwering by using proper Russian does not bother the client (numbers speak louder than words in Economics). What bothers me is not understanding the reasons of why specific grammatical structures should be used instead of others.
    Чем больше слов, тем меньше они стоят.

Quote Originally Posted by Antonio1986 View Post
    1.1 In my initial translation I used the word разрешать instead of позволять. I know that word оставлять refers to the case that the other holds you.
    Yes, you can use "разрешать" instead.

1.2 In the position of момент can I use the word пункт?
    Yes

1.3 Also as I mentioned in a different post here I would used: относительно / в связи с + будущего проекта / будущим проектом instead of по вашему будущему проекту which based on my current level of understanding is translated as: "based on the future project"
    In this case "по вашему проекту" means "about your project" or "related with your poject". Examples:
    "У меня есть несколько вопросов по вашему проекту" - "I have few questions about your project"
    "Есть какая-нибудь информация по нашему проекту?" - "Is there any information about our project?"

1.4 Also despite the massive discussion in a different post here I would be tempted to use the word какие-то моменты instead of несколько моментов. The reason is that based on my understanding the какие-то is translated as some while несколько is translated as few.
    If you use "какой-то" meaning "some" - you show, that you lack some information about the entity you are refrerring to. For example:
    "Если у вас есть какие-то вопросы - пожалуйста, задавайте" - "If you have any questions, feel free to ask" (you don't know what questions would be asked)
    "Какие-то люди вошли в комнату" - "Some people entered the room" (You don't know these people)
    "Какие-то мысли крутились в голове" - "Some thoughts were on my mind" (You can't clearly explain what these thoughts were about)

But in this case you know exactly what you want to say, so you can't use "какой-то".

2.1 My initial sentence was: "Вы сделали исследование рынка, чтобы выяснить, есть ли в Греции удовлетворительное предложение старых шин?". The reason why I didn't use the interrogation structure: "Провели ли вы ..." is because I thought that it includes too much doubt of whether he did the research. Regarding the dictionary you provided I wouldn't think of these words because I don't know them. Thank you!!!
    I won't say there's to much doubt in this question. Your phrase is correct, but "старых шин" ("old wheels") isn't what you wanted to use, I think. "Подержанных шин" ("used wheels") is much better.

4.1 "Как финансовый консультант": When the professional occupation is mentioned sometimes we use Творительный for this reason I was asking.
    There's contraction with ablative case "Будучи финансовым конcультаном".

4.2 "за счет": I didn't know it. It should be translated as: "from the account", or is just a standardized expression?
    "From the account" would be "со счёта". "За счет" is "by the means of". Is refers to the source of finance. "Образование финансируется за счет федерального бюджета" - "education if financed from federal budget"

4.3 Also I used in my initial translation: поддерживаю позицию instead of разделяю мнение. Do you have in russian this structure? (i.e. I am in favor of the position)
    Yes, "поддерживаю позицию" or "разделяю позицию" is correct.

4.4. Finally I tried to use a причастие and for this reason in my initial sentence I included the expression: "каждый новый проект должен быть основанным ... " It sounds weird?
    In common, we don't use "основываться на" in case of financial resourses.

Почтенный гражданин
    5. Я хотел сообщить вам, что (процентная) ставка сейчас (/ в настояшее время) в Греции около семи - восьми процентов.
    6. Что беспокоит меня, выгодный ли будет это проект без агресивной маркетинговой стратегии.
    7. емкость ???
    8. Не знаю, изменился ли закон относительно вида на жительство, но, чтобы иметь право (чтобы Вы имели право) открыть/основать завод / бизнес / компанию в Греции Вам необходимо / Вы должны изпользовать исключительно граждан Греции.

Please enlighten me ... asnwering by using proper Russian does not bother the client (numbers speak louder than words in Economics). What bothers me is not understanding the reasons of why specific grammatical structures should be used instead of others.
    5. Хотел бы проинформировать вас, что...
    6. Затрудняюсь сказать, будет ли это проект выгодным без агресивной маркетинговой стратегии.
    7. Производственная мощность.
    8. Не знаю, изменился ли закон относительно вида на жительство, но, чтобы получить право открыть/основать завод / бизнес / компанию в Греции Вам необходимо / Вы должны нанимать исключительно граждан Греции.

Использовать граждан - аморально.