Thread: Description of the band

Description of the band

Помогите пожалуйста.

I want to introduce my new band in a poster. I formed the group to have some kind of deadline for my Russian learning. I am going to sing both in Russian and in Finnish on a gig 17.4. I've translated some Russian songs in Finnish, as I noticed most translations were really not translations but new texts and I also wanted Finns who don't understand Russian to hear, what those songs are about. It has been hard job, because I have only 7 months been learning Russian myself, but I think I have learned a lot by doing that.

I want the text of the poster to be also in Russian, because some Russian people live here, and I want them to come to the gig (and laugh at my pronunciaiton). This is the text, also in Finnish if someone understands it, because my English is not the best (the Finnish text has a certain feeling I could not translate).

Вокально-инструментальны ансамбль "День Непогожий" presents(plays) well-known and not yet here well-known Russian schlagers both in Russian and in Finnish with new translations.

Laulu- ja soitinyhtye "Ei-seesteinen päivä" esittää tunnettuja ja täällä vielä tuntemattomia venäläisiä iskusävelmiä sekä venäjäksi että uusina suomennoksina.

I really would like the text sound a little "oldish". In Finnish text I used the word "iskusävelmä" which is very old and not regularly used. Translator gave me the word "популярные песни" which I think has not quite right tone. Examples of the songs: подмосковные вечера, Уральская рябинушка, Пусть бегут неуклюжи.
    I don't know if one can say "представляет песни" or even "presents songs" (in Finnish it's OK), but that is really the quasi-official and oldish tone I'd love to get in that text.

Спасибо большой!

Paul G.
    "Непогожий день"? Интересно.

Unfortunately, I don't know Finnish, that's why I can't be helpful absolutely.

Вокально-инструментальный ансамбль "Непогожий день" представляет русские шлягеры, хорошо известные и еще не очень, на русском и финском языках, в новом изложении.

Thank you.
    Name is inspired by krokodil Gena.

Thanks again. A couple of questions:
    "Вокально-инструментальный ансамбль "Непогожий день" представляет русские шлягеры, хорошо известные и еще не очень, на русском и финском языках, в новом изложении. "

Is it wrong, if the name is "День Непогожий" and not "Непогожий день", or may be only a little awkward? Would "Этот день непогожий" be better? I'd so much like it to be like its in the song.

In your version I don't see the word "here" which I think is important, because I'm sure those songs are well-known in Russia. Would "хорошо известные и тут еще не очень" be OK?

Would "известние" be enough, or do I actually need to say "хорошо известные"?

Paul G.
    krokodil Gena
    It would be a nice name for the band.

Is it wrong, if the name is "День Непогожий" and not "Непогожий день", or may be only a little awkward? Would "Этот день непогожий" be better? I'd so much like it to be like its in the song.
    It can be as you wish. Now I know where it is from, so I'd say that's fine.

In your version I don't see the word "here" which I think is important, because I'm sure those songs are well-known in Russia. Would "хорошо известные и тут еще не очень" be OK?
    I omitted the word knowingly. If you add "here" to the Russian variant, you must also specify "there". Otherwise it changes sense. I mean you can't be at the two places at the same time (Russian and Finland).

"Вокально-инструментальный ансамбль "Непогожий день" представляет русские шлягеры, хорошо здесь известные и еще не очень, на русском и финском языках, в новом изложении". (well-known and not yet only in Finland)
    It seems I've got your point wrong. Maybe you meant that the songs are well-known everywhere but in Finland they are not well-known yet?

Would "известние" be enough, or do I actually need to say "хорошо известные"?
    well-known literally means "хорошо/широко известный".

Thank you. That looks pretty much right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul G. View Post
    Maybe you meant that the songs are well-known everywhere but in Finland they are not well-known yet?
    Meant really "the songs are well-known in many places, but in Finland they are not well-known yet".

Paul G.
    Quote Originally Posted by Meerkat View Post
    Meant really "the songs are well-known in many places, but in Finland they are not well-known yet".
    Then it must be like this:
    "...представляет русские шлягеры, хорошо известные, а здесь еще не очень..."