Thread: audio translation web site

Новичок

audio translation web site

Hello, I found a really nice site that translates pretty much anything you put into it (snap) just like that from one written word to the next. Does anyone know of a site that will do this, but with audio as well? Thanks for your help.

Завсегдатай
    Yep, yep, yep, but I'm not going to tell you about it, because it's a restricted-access site for MasterRussian members with a post count of 1000+.

Новичок
    what the heck? I have been coming to Master Russian for like 2 years now and have learned quite a bit. But that aside, all of a sudden because I want to augment myself this way, and there just so happens to be a way, I cannot do it? restricted to only people with a thousand posts or more? who came up with that one? seriously, whats the address. a K or more, come on, I just registered today for goodness sake. There is another forum I frequent and have been registered there for like 5 years and I don't think I've even come close to breaking 500. Listen Pravit, if I knew something that I knew someone wanted to know, then I would more than likely tell them. Won't you? Please?

Почтенный гражданин
    Quote Originally Posted by Skrew Dreyever
    what the heck? I have been coming to Master Russian for like 2 years now and have learned quite a bit. But that aside, all of a sudden because I want to augment myself this way, and there just so happens to be a way, I cannot do it? restricted to only people with a thousand posts or more? who came up with that one? seriously, whats the address. a K or more, come on, I just registered today for goodness sake. There is another forum I frequent and have been registered there for like 5 years and I don't think I've even come close to breaking 500. Listen Pravit, if I knew something that I knew someone wanted to know, then I would more than likely tell them. Won't you? Please?
    He signed a contract saying he wouldn't disclose classifed masterrussian.net information! What, do you want the man to break his word?

My contract signing is coming up quickly...soon, I shall truly be a member of the masterrussian machine as well...

Старший оракул
    Pravit, you're great at pulling legs and noses! :thumb:
    Actually, you can always paste the text in "Govorilka" program, although I don't know its adress, but I have some doubt in its usefulness.

Новичок
    wha? contract? classified?! I can not BELIEVE how rediculous this is. It's just plain retarded. Alright fine, what do I care. You know what? This is post three, only 997 more to go and it is officially ON.

Завсегдатай
    Two years? But it says you just registered today. Y'know, if I had any say in how the system's run, I'd let you off on this if you could show me you'd been coming for two years(and coming once two years ago and then again today doesn't count). I can't give you the URL because the MR owners, in their sly and devious ways, have made it accessible only through a button that pops up on your interface. It's sort of like the only person who can reply to a post in your name is you(unless someone else manages to log in with your information). So you can't just randomly access it, I'm afraid. The 1000+ post requirement is actually very recent; the thing eats up a lot of bandwidth and a lot of people were registering real quick just to use it.

Propp: Nay, Govorilka wouldn't work here. He wants something that will actually translate audio.

Новичок
    Yes, I have been coming here for about 2 years. Yes, I just registered today. For two years, I have been doing nothing but reading this and that. Now, I have registered and decided to participate. I cannot really prove to anyone that I have been coming here because one, I have been frequenting these sites through several different computers, some of which have been reformatted more than a few times; and also, because, I just registered today. All of my books as well as tapes, although secure, are locked up in some locker to which I have lost the key to; although, a good crowbar is as good as any key...

oh well, thankyou all to your quick replies. Did I get you people at just the right time of day or what. For me its 'or what'.

Старший оракул
    Quote Originally Posted by Pravit
    Propp: Nay, Govorilka wouldn't work here. He wants something that will actually translate audio.
    Ah, then it's really that thing which eats up a lot of bandwidth, a lot of memory (no less than 1 Gb) and a lot of procesor time.

Новичок
    I just want to input text, click enter, and have it output audio in some voice comp generated or not and if this is how to do it, then here we go...

Завсегдатай
    Oh! Well in that case, you can download the free program Говорилка. I thought you wanted a program that would take an audio file and translate it. However, Govorilka does make a lot of mistakes in pronunciation.

Новичок
    I downloaded and installed Говорилка, but it doesn't appear to do anything. Everything is in Russian, so it's difficult to know what to do, but it looks like you can just type text and hit F5. It seems to scan the text, but there is no sound.

I just typed the simple text:
    привет как дела

Завсегдатай
    Oh, I haven't used that thing for a long time. Though I did use it twice to make rap songs. Are you sure there is no sound? As far as I recall it was not that difficult to make the thing talk.

Старший оракул
    There must be so called speech-engines installed or something like that. Usually there are links at the speech-engines at the sites where Govorilka is downloaded.