Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Извините пожалуйста, но....

Quote Originally Posted by scotcher
    I'd guess that, for a Russian-speaker who wishes to learn English, they're likely to receive better help from an English-speaker who wants to learn Russian than from anyone else. Seems like pretty natural recoprocity to me.
    That's exactly my point.
    Please, correct my mistakes, except for the cases I misspell something on purpose!

Властелин
    Quote Originally Posted by scotcher
    I'd guess that, for a Russian-speaker who wishes to learn English, they're likely to receive better help from an English-speaker who wants to learn Russian than from anyone else. Seems like pretty natural recoprocity to me.
    That's right. But I think that the author of this thread meant that there are too many Russians on this forum who want to learn English but give very little help to those who learn Russian. I'd guess that the ultimate goal of this forum is to help Russian learners improve their command of Russian. Therefore, Siriusly is partly right in saying that something should be done to give more practice to Russian learners. But then it'll all up to you, Russian learners! Nothing stops you from posting in Russian, does it? As for Russian native speakers posting a lot in English, I think that the dominance of English in this forum is not the case here. There are hundreds of heated discussions in Russian on the forum. Everyone could gain a lot from them.
    "A classic is something that everybody wants to have read and nobody wants to read"
    Mark Twain
    American author/essayist (1835-1910)
    WHSmith

Завсегдатай
    Несмотря на то, что форум называется 'MasterRussian', русские тоже могут упражняться в английском языке здесь...

К тому же, люди склонны стараться общаться как легче можно, и поскольку большинство русских говорят на английском естественнее, чем мы на русском, следует, что разговоры часто переключают на английский.

Завсегдатай
    Quote Originally Posted by basurero
    Несмотря на то, что форум называется 'MasterRussian', русские тоже могут здесь упражняться в английском языке _...

К тому же, люди склонны стараться общаться как можно легче (or "проще"), и поскольку большинство русских говорят на английском естественнее, чем мы на русском, то_ разговоры часто переключаются на английский.
    In Russian, all nationalities and their corresponding languages start with a lower-case letter.

Властелин
    Umm, not trying to sound paranoid or insecure... I congratulate Siriusly with his first post in Russian (and I am dead "sirius" )
    I've got a TV, and I'm not afraid to use it

DDT
    I have given up the Gambling, the Wine and the Cows!.. I'm in St Petersburg Russia
    I think that the Russians have been very helpful to the Russian learners here. This is the best forum on the internet. Thanks. .......... So there!
    Let me be a free man, free to travel, free to stop, free to work, free to trade where I choose, free to choose my own teachers, free to follow the religion of my fathers, free to talk, think and act for myself. - Chief Joseph, Nez Perce

Quote Originally Posted by DDT
    I think that the Russians have been very helpful to the Russian learners here. This is the best forum on the internet. Thanks. .......... So there!
    why have been? we ARE very helpful, aren't we
    Send me a PM if you need me.

Властелин
    Quote Originally Posted by basurero
    Несмотря на то, что форум называется 'MasterRussian', русские тоже могут упражняться в английском языке здесь...

К тому же, люди склонны стараться общаться как легче можно, и поскольку большинство русских говорят на английском естественнее, чем мы на русском, следует, что разговоры часто переключают на английский.
    I'm with you here. Nowadays hardly any of your posts here are in anything other than Russian. That's very good. You seem to be getting along with your Russian very well indeed!

Ramil, we are trying to be still helpful to those in need!
    "A classic is something that everybody wants to have read and nobody wants to read"
    Mark Twain
    American author/essayist (1835-1910)
    WHSmith

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12