Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: выпим тут, может быть там не дадут

Старший оракул
    Quote Originally Posted by basurero
    Мне кажется, русские напиваются другим образом, то есть в западных странах люди выходят на улицы/у, чтобы напиваться, а русские остаются дома и пьют алкогольные напитки за ужином и т.д... К тому же, в России пьют больше спиртных напитков, чем на западе. Это не плохая вещь. Мы просто воспринимаем__ это плохо, потому что мы к этому не привыкли.

Ну, во всяком случае, я не знаю много про ситуацию в России, так что не нападайте на меня...
    Может ты и прав, кто знает... Те кто пьют дома - как правило законченные алкаши !!! Я вот дома никогда не пью - предпочитаю "пересечься" с кем нибудь на улице и нажраться как следует !!! (А за ужином водяру жрать - это уж извините ни в какие ворота не лезет )

Краткий словарь:
    1. Жрать (спиртные напитки) = пить
    2. Водяра = водка
    3. Пересечься = встретиться
    4. Ни в какие ворота не лезет = не подходит, не правильно

Властелин
    mm.. freight question - what's actually right with Ryazan? =)
    By default everywhere everything is right It's up to the beholder, I think.
    -- Да? Коту Ваське, бл##?
    -- Нет, Я кот Васька :-/

Завсегдатай
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuvak
    Те кто пьют дома - как правило законченные алкаши!!!
    Ну нет, ты не прав. Я знала человека, который и правда без бутылки водки за стол не садился, но выпивал обычно одну-две стопки, и ему этого вполне хватало для счастья. Это не отрицаю, что это вид алкоголизма, но законченным алкоголиком этого человека никак нельзя было назвать. И я думаю, он не один такой.
    In Russian, all nationalities and their corresponding languages start with a lower-case letter.

Увлечённый спикер
    Quote Originally Posted by DagothWarez
    Quote Originally Posted by EmDii
    Us Finns aren't really the best people to judge anyone.
    There are rumors BTW that you Finns are the nation that dislike Russians more then any other nation on earth? Is it true?
    Certainly there are many people bitter to Russians about our common past (especially the Winter War during World War II, and the Continuation War as well). USSR also somewhat acted as the big brother of Finland during the Cold War.

However, these prejudices are mostly limited to old people and the least intelligent male population. Only mostly, I'm afraid. The phrase "Karjala takaisin!" ("Karelia back!"; Karelia was lost to the USSR in WWII) is still a popular phrase in, for example, T-shirts.
    I'm but a beginner in Russian, so please correct me.
    However, I'm supposed to be good in English, so if you correct me there, I become very angry! Grr!
    And if you, for some reason, need help in Finnish, I'm glad to help.

Подающий надежды оратор
    Quote Originally Posted by Vincent Tailors
    By default everywhere everything is right It's up to the beholder, I think.
    you're a very sanguine man, my respects =)
    Star Combats - www.starcombats.ru

I don't really know if sanguine fits in this context... You think he is optimistic or bloody?
    Hei, rett norsken min og du er død.
    I am a notourriouse misspeller. Be easy on me.
    Пожалуйста! Исправляйте мои глупые ошибки (но оставьте умные)!
    Yo hablo español mejor que tú.
    Trusnse kal'rt eturule sikay!!! ))

Почтенный гражданин
    Quote Originally Posted by kalinka_vinnie
    You think he is optimistic or bloody?
    Bloody optimistic

Quote Originally Posted by ***
    Москва - 20 миллионов - это мегаполис

Twice less.
    А гастарбайтеров почему не считаем? Или думаете они бесплотные Со всеми нелегалами мне кажется в Москве легко может быть реально и больше чем двадцать...
    Недавно проводились исследования на предмет количества проживающих в Москве (официальная цифра действительно окло 10 миллионов), так вот, если судить по количеству продаваемого ежедневно в московских магазинах хлеба, в столице действительно проживает около 20 миллионов (или по крайней мере питаются).
    Please, correct my mistakes, except for the cases I misspell something on purpose!

По тему, интересная статья, которую я нашел в "The Economist" - очень респектабельная газета... Грустная статья, какая-то

Russia's demographic outlook is dire—even before it feels the full impact of AIDS

OLGA wants her first baby, just delivered in the Siberian city of Irkutsk, to have two siblings. Whether he will get them depends on whether she and her husband can afford them. Yes, she says, President Vladimir Putin's new plan to boost child support, and pay a lump sum for second babies, might help.

Mr Putin's aim is to boost Russia's birth rate, which plummeted after the late Soviet period and has stabilised well below replacement level. His ultimate goal is to arrest and reverse Russia's headlong population decline. Despite a large influx of ethnic Russians from elsewhere, the population has fallen by 6m since the Soviet Union collapsed, to 143m. It is falling still, by around 700,000 a year. There may be fewer than 100m Russians left by 2050.

Olga's interest notwithstanding, Mr Putin's plan is unlikely to halt the slide. That is partly because the trend is an old and accelerating one. Money worries do not entirely explain it: some of the poorest groups in Russia (most of them Muslim) are the most fertile. In a way, wealth is even a contributor: Western lifestyles and expectations have spread into Russia and, by European standards, the birth rate is low but not outlandishly so. Anatoly Vishnevsky, of the Russian Academy of Sciences, points out that, elsewhere, maternity bribes have produced a short-term baby rush but little long-term effect.

But the bigger reason for scepticism is that Russia's truly startling demographic problem is its amazing death rate, which has leapt as fertility has crashed, and is now more than twice western Europe's. Most of the leap is accounted for by working-age men. At less than 59, male life expectancy has collapsed in a way otherwise found only in sub-Saharan Africa. It is around five years lower than it was 40 years ago, and 13 years lower than that of Russian women—one of the biggest gaps in the world. Male life expectancy in Irkutsk (not the country's lowest) is just 53.

Russia leads the world, in fact, in a staggering range of scourges and vices. Nicholas Eberstadt, of the American Enterprise Institute, speculates that the heart-disease rate may be the highest anywhere, ever. Russians' propensity to die violently is probably unprecedented in industrialised societies at peace. The suicide rate is more than five times Britain's. With fewer cars, Russians are four times more likely to die in traffic accidents than Britons. Murder is 20 times more common than in western Europe. And so on.

There is an obvious culprit: booze, especially the Russian taste for strong spirits, sometimes not fit for human consumption and often moonshine. Heart disease and violence, the two biggest factors in the mortality surge, are strongly alcohol-related. Alcohol poisoning itself killed 36,000 Russians last year; in America, it kills a few hundred. Mikhail Gorbachev's efforts in the late 1980s to rein in alcohol consumption briefly improved life expectancy. In Irkutsk Igor Bolugin runs a club for children of alcoholics, sometimes taking them to Lake Baikal (see article). Many are themselves drinkers from around 13; in the villages, says Mr Bolugin, the drinking starts much younger.

But the obvious culprit is only part of a complicated, self-destructive syndrome. Other factors include smoking (among the highest rates in the world), pollution, including radioactivity, and a grim and corrupt health system. Alcoholism itself is a symptom. Some see the stress and inequality brought on by the Soviet Union's fall as the cause. But a wanton disregard for their own lives set in among Russian men long before that, and has persisted even as the economy has turned round. Sergei Voronov, deputy governor of Irkutsk, blames the local gene pool, derived largely from Soviet-era prisoners.

Whatever its causes, and shocking though it already is, Russia's national sickness is now likely to worsen, because of AIDS. Since the disease arrived so late, the Russians ought to have been ready. Instead, out of prudishness, intolerance and Soviet-style pig-headedness, the response was criminally lackadaisical. This year the federal AIDS budget is around 3.3 billion roubles ($124m) with extra funding coming from abroad: it was a big increase, but it is piffling by international standards.

In Irkutsk, which has Russia's highest HIV-infection rate, it shows. Packs of stray dogs prowl the grounds of the hospital that houses the AIDS clinic. Yulia Rakhina, its boss, maintains that attitudes, not cash, are the main obstacle. Young people do not use condoms, she says; even HIV-positive people are blas

Почтенный гражданин
    Rakı is THE BEST i don't like vodka
    Главное что есть ты у меня...

Завсегдатай
    Quote Originally Posted by Орчун
    Rakı is THE BEST
    +1
    In Russian, all nationalities and their corresponding languages start with a lower-case letter.

Завсегдатай
    Murder (in Russia) is 20 times more common than in western Europe.
    Any numbers? I can hardly believe that.

Властелин
    Quote Originally Posted by DagothWarez
    Quote Originally Posted by paasikivi
    Excess drinking is a problem in Russia
    It’s not a problem, it’s a solution.
    Quote Originally Posted by scotcher
    Any Russian who claims that Russia doesn't have an alcohol problem is obviously drunk.
    Someone should make a collection of the best quotes of this forum somewhere!

Властелин
    Dagoth is citing the LEXX serial

Почтенный гражданин
    Quote Originally Posted by Indra
    Dagoth is citing the LEXX serial
    Я? А я чё то не заметил.

Quote Originally Posted by gRomoZeka
    That number probably comes from this article:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/quer ... t=Abstract

Завсегдатай
    Quote Originally Posted by scotcher
    Any Russian who claims that Russia doesn't have an alcohol problem is obviously drunk.
    Bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha. You're ever so witty, Scotcher. Why do I always get the impression that it's you who's drunk all the time?

P.S. Jist in case ye dinnae ken whit "drunk" means - it means "blootered". Alright?
    Show yourself - destroy our fears - release your mask

Властелин
    Quote Originally Posted by gRomoZeka
    >From JURISTAT: Canadian Centre for Justice Statistics pamphlet "Homicide in
    Canada, 2002" by Josee Savoie at p. 3, Table titled Homicide Rates for Selected
    Countries, 2002

Country Homicide Rate [per 100,000 population]

Russia 20.54 *
    Luxembourg 09.01 *
    U.S. 05.52
    Portugal 02.57
    England & Wales 02.01*
    Denmark 01.99
    Hungary 01.99
    France 01.88 *
    Canada 01.85
    Australia 01.85
    Tunisia 01.20 *
    Switzerland 01.18 *
    Germany 01.11
    Austria 00.80 *

The US number might be a bit misleading for Russians -- e.g. you can go from a place where streets are perfectly clean and cars like new $60000 BMW's are kept parked on the street at night with no second thought, to a place where wind blows trash around, there is not one car that is less than 10 years old and undamaged (well, except for one white Cadillac, I wonder who it belongs to ), and gangs of black teens stand on every second corner, by crossing -- no, not the railroad tracks, not a highway even, just a regular 4-lane street, 2-lane in places... locally funded police is a good thing.

Властелин
    [quote=Оля]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Орчун":6qj510hv
    Rakı is THE BEST
    +1 [/quote:6qj510hv]

You like rakı ?!

Завсегдатай
    Quote Originally Posted by laxxy
    You like rakı ?!
    Yyyyyes

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast