Thread: Winamp

Почётный участник

Winamp

I use winamp for my listening needs. The only problem is that on the taskbar, the name of the song and whatnot scrolls by in perfect cyrillic letters, but in winamp itself, it just looks like a bunch of gibberish going by. Anyone know of a way to correct this little issue?
    Thanks!
    Well,well. Mr Denzel Washington come back to beg forgiveness.This house is made of Play-Dough! I've got 400 honeybees in the parlour! Wait, Denzel! Eskimo kisses...

You just need to change one thing. Go to Panel control/regional and language options/advanced tab and there you select russian as language.
    De gustibus et coloribus non disputandum.

Почётный участник
    I tried that, Spiderkat, but no luck.
    Well,well. Mr Denzel Washington come back to beg forgiveness.This house is made of Play-Dough! I've got 400 honeybees in the parlour! Wait, Denzel! Eskimo kisses...

ST
    where was few topics about winamp allready...plz make searh at this forum...

http://masterrussian.net/mforum/viewtop ... ght=winamp
    The bear looked at the car, and reflections of fire danced in his eyes. He knew what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Celephais
    I tried that, Spiderkat, but no luck.
    That's odd because it works for me.
    De gustibus et coloribus non disputandum.

Завсегдатай
    theres a way to change it inside of winamp but i dont remember. Anyways when i did that it didnt even work for me either. I think your going to have to change the properties of all ur russian songs that arnt showing up correctly.

Try right clicking on any song and notice how the TITLE is in perfect russian, but go to properties then go to summary, then advanced.

if ur having problems with the songs russianness, see if in the advanced summary its actually in russian or if its in gibberish. If its in giberish your going to have to go through each one of the songs and rename it in correct russian. I know it sucks, it took me like 3 hours to do all my songs one day.
    Вот это да, я так люблю себя. И сегодня я люблю себя, ещё больше чем вчера, а завтра я буду любить себя to ещё больше чем сегодня. Тем что происходит,я вполне доволен!

ST
    BTW WinAmp version 3.xx do not support Russian fonts....version 2.xx and 5.xx works fine....if you OS properly tuned...
    Try "default theme" in WinAmp, and look for checkbox called like "use bitmap fonts"-and disable it.
    The bear looked at the car, and reflections of fire danced in his eyes. He knew what to do.